MIL had my wisdom teeth taken out by a female LtCol today

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by RedBull, Apr 8, 2008.

1. RedBull

RedBull New Member

and the aids were 2 people fresh out of tech school and a SSgt.

when the LtCol saw i was coming to she asked me how i was feeling i responded with "i dont want to go to school, mom, i didnt do my homework." she responded with with "you dont have to go, youre on quarters" :rofl:

the airman that wheeled me out to the car was like :eek3: you really disrespected that officer...i told him to stand down

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2008
  2. dura

dura Guest

I have to get four pulled out after this deployment. All are impacted. It's gonna be great.

also, you should've made him frontbackgo.

3. widds2v

widds2v Active Member

I forget half the time they're LCDR or above. The only reason they are that rank is for pay reasons. Need to keep some incentive to being in the military when you're looking at pay versus civilian dental.

4. brackac

brackac Fuck all of this. OT Supporter

They gave me valium when I had my vasectomy done. I am sitting there, freshly scrubbed, balls hanging, and feeling pretty good. When the Doctor walked into the room, a Lt Col, I looked over at him as said 'Doc these are my testicles, testicles that's the Doc, now lets do this".

5. Fidel Castro

Fidel Castro OT Supporter

:rofl:

6. USMC7684

USMC7684 OT Supporter

Getting my wisdom teeth taken out before my last deployment was one of the worst experiences of my life. All of them were impacted, so it took like 3 hours to get them all out. They also decided not to give me any gas so I was conscious the whole time. The novacaine kept wearing off and they'd have to give me more. The dentist even decided to take a twenty minute break in the middle of it. And to make matters worse my ID was expired so when I was done I didn't get any meds.

7. dura

dura Guest

man i'm in for a fucking ride

8. whitecouch

whitecouch spendin' our golden years in OT Supporter

I was pale as a ghost. The doc asked me like a dozen times "are you sure you want to do this?" I swear I felt every cut for the first hour of the procedure. By the end I had about 17 lidocaine shots on top of the valium I had taken prior. I was feeling fine and 100% okay with the procedure but there is just a certain edge to it when you're having your ball sack operated on.

9. dura

dura Guest

I couldn't even imagine going through that shit.

10. RedBull

RedBull New Member

damn, all the horror stories i hear about getting wisdom teeth taken out must just be impacted ones.

the next day i have no pain, no blood, have taken no pills and feel good enough to go to work.

but fuck that nonsense

11. Sharkticon

Sharkticon The safest place in combat is on an AEGIS Class Gu

At least you didn't have them extracted on a amphib out in the middle of the North Atlantic coming back from a deployment.

12. TRN

TRN Well-Known Member

Say what?

13. EYOB

EYOB Guest

wtf edit?

14. Maffy29

Maffy29 Active Member

I had mine done in high school

15. RoblesGT

RoblesGT [Track Days: 19 ][Crashes: 1] [SuMo Days: 1 ][Cras OT Supporter

i had all my 4 wisdom teeth taken out in 30 minutes in boot camp ... i was spitting blood as i yelled in no more than 4 hours, :rofl:

16. mtnbike4522

mtnbike4522 CelicaTech.com

i had all 4 of mine taken out about a month ago. I guess i was talking dirty to the nurses and trying to take my pants off

17. greenpillow

greenpillow New Member

no way in hell will I get mine out... ugh... Im so sick of oral surgury... night guys!

18. nsxrebel

nsxrebel New Member

Back in Jr High, I had 4 teeth taken out when I got braces. Wisdom?? Fast forward to bootcamp, I'm told I have to go see dental. They take out another 4 teeth (more wisdom teeth?). I had a day of light duty, procedure didn't hurt, but fuck yeah you can "feel" your teeth being drilled and broken with pliers. So am I short some teeth? How many are we supposed to have? I'm counting right now....12 up top....12 bottom.... :dunno:

19. greenpillow

greenpillow New Member

20. jbuffethed

jbuffethed Member

I got all 4 out back in '04. They gassed me, I woke up and my wife and I proceeded out to the car. I insisted I didnt need any help. She starts driving home the same way we always go and Im just staring out the window and ask her "Oh we're going home this way?" Shes like um, yeah we always go this way. We get home, I walk myself up stairs, not allowing her to help me and crash on my bed for 3hrs. I got Percocet for the pain.

21. mikeflys1

mikeflys1 New Member

shit...I had mine taken out yesterday and it took ~20 minutes. They stopped bleeding entirely by last night and today everything is a bit sore but not all that bad.

22. Socrates

Socrates New Member

I had two of mine taken out in boot camp.

I remember when I was walking back to the squad bay, I passed a couple drill instructors. The Navy guys told me I wasn't allowed to sound off, so I didn't bother trying to say anything to the drill instructors.

They ran across that street faster than shit and bitched me out yelling "I DON'T GIVE A FUCK IF YOUR MOUTH HURTS. YOU SOUND OFF AND TELL US GOOD MORNING!!!"etc etc etc ---- After they smoked me for 15 minutes, they made me kick sand over the blood that poured from my mouth so they wouldn't get caught.

Other than that, they didn't hurt too bad getting pulled out, and they healed within a couple of days. It wasn't anything like the horror stories I'm hearing here!

23. nsxrebel

nsxrebel New Member

:rofl: yup, that sounds like good ol' Marine Drill Instructors.

24. armywrx

armywrx New Member

I got mine pulled about a year ago, the doc was talking about writing a paper on me but I don't know if he ever did or not. THey gave me that crap that is suppose to put me under via iv and it put me down for about 20 minutes and I woke back up. THe doc said I opened my eyes and started talking to him, which I remember and while he was working I was talking to his nurses and even got one of their numbers. :) I was helping pick out baby names for the other preggo nurse inbetween him breaking off pieces of those teeth.

25. widds2v

widds2v Active Member

got mine pulled in bootcamp got 2 days SIQ and a bunch of vicoden, it was great.