GUN H&K Crew v.Welcome Me In Boys!!!

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by PUREVIL, Mar 18, 2006.

1. PUREVIL

PUREVIL More Money Than Brains Croo

This is a continuation from this thread Im sure most of our regular readers will remember.....

http://forums.offtopic.com/showthread.php?t=2407221

Well I had an interesting morning, late last night a friend of mine said hey I heard your looking at getting a USP. If your interested Im going to sell my USP Expert, so we head over to his place and check it out. Its pretty sweet but it was very used, lots of worn parts which is usual. So I asked him how much and he said 900 which is the same as this custom sport. So I went back and forth trying to decide which one to get. The Expert retails here for 2000 and the custom sport 1200 to 1300. One is new, one is used. Both have pretty much the same features but the expert has a longer barrel and a magwell. I ended up getting the custom sport simply cuz its new and pretty much the same. Its also a 9mm so I have a good plinker too. My other pistols are a .45acp and .44mag both of which have cost me a fortune to shoot 2 to 3 times a weekend.

So here she is Im offically part of the H&K crew.... WOOT! Thanks OT for helping me out in my previous thread. Goin to the indoor range tonight to test her out.

My question for the H&K crew is where can I get a magwell for this baby? H&Ks site isn't up to date.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 18, 2006
  2. jimmybuffett

jimmybuffett New Member

3. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

4. eWRXshun

eWRXshun hai

one does not simply buy an HK and enter mordor.

5. PUREVIL

O RLY?

6. eWRXshun

eWRXshun hai

Ya Rly.

7. PUREVIL

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?

8. Artyboy

Artyboy Necessity is the excuse for every infringement of

sweet :bigthumb:

9. atomlowe

atomlowe meh....member

with the adjustable sights, maybe we can correct your down and left shooting...hahaha

10. PUREVIL

Hey I've moved from 7 O clock to 9 thank you very much. Hey at least Im consistantly hitting 9 too!

11. Advan

Advan New Member

nice atr, I just ordered mine yesterday :noes:

12. KIDRR

KIDRR Duck dog>* OT Supporter

Wow strong deagle

13. black96gtvert

black96gtvert "Is that goal regulation size or what!" -Happy Gil

what kind of 1911 is that? its HAWT

14. jtl090179

jtl090179 Oh I get it, yeah. He's the girl, then you're the OT Supporter

looks like a kimber tre/le or desert warrior. its hard to tell from that picture but im going to say tre/le.

:cool:
    nice h&k.

15. Accord

Accord New Member

How do you like your Kimber? Is it reliable?

16. Thunderbear

Thunderbear Yggdrasil's Forester.

you need to cock the USP in that second pic..

nice score, though.

17. PUREVIL

Close to 2000 rounds and zero problems. My friend did have a problem with it feeding correctly but he was gripping it weird so sometimes he wouldn't fully depress the safety. Thats the only thing we can think of why it had issues with him shooting it. Once I showed him how I grip it he never had a problem.

Right now Im kinda testing it to see how dirty it can get before any problems. So far im over 500 reloaded rounds (dirty in comparison to factory) and no problems at all.

I had my friend rework the trigger and its so smooth, and the reset is nice and short. The trigger pull is at 4lbs now but Im going to have him drop it to 3.5lbs. Im slowly getting my shots in the center, for some reason when I shoot no matter what gun I have a bulk of rounds going to the left. Decent groupings too. I started using the pad of my finger not the knuckle and now they are moving towards the center. I also like to pull the trigger not squeeze. Im getting much much better though. I love the .45 I have no doubts about my kimber, I will buy another one for sure.

My is a Kimber TLE/RLII with external extractor. The next kimber Im going to get is a Desert Warrior or Regular Warrior. I'd let anyone shoot it, I know some Kimbers with external extractors had/have problems but mine has been flawless so far.

Actually I took that pic in a hurry I will reshoot the pic tomorrow with my shotty in there too. :big grin:

18. jtl090179

jtl090179 Oh I get it, yeah. He's the girl, then you're the OT Supporter

ill be picking up that same thing except in black in a few weeks. you keep hearing the feed and extract problems but ive never personally heard of one
    :dunno:

19. PUREVIL

I will admit when I did my research on 1911forums I was a little nervous firing mine for the first time. I was scared that I would have problems. But I cleaned and lubed it alot during the "500 round break in". Everthing is fine no problems at all.

I was under the impression, based on reading the threads that the TLE models were the least problematic, that was until the warrior model came out. I didn't really have a color preference either, until one day I read a thread talking about the finishes. The advantage of a stainless gun is that the holster wear isn't as noticeable on a silver colored gun vs a blued (black) gun. Ohhh and the dealer I bought mine from only had stainless left haha.

I really like the feel of all metal gun, feels like your holding something precious (SP?) and not a toy/water pistol, it is a lil heavier but that doesn't matter to me. I cant think of anything else... i was in the middle of typing this and I got distracted so I lost my train of thought from idiots msning me hahahaha

20. acabrera

acabrera Rumors of my death have been greatly exaggerated.

I just bought a Kimber Pro Carry HD II and and currently in the break in period. I've had a few failures to eject and failure to feeds, but I'm hoping that it goes away after the break in time :sad2:

21. sextech

sextech New Member

It's always nice to see someone step up to the HK plate

22. 01_Cruiser

01_Cruiser An American Classic OT Supporter

Make sure you load your mags to H&K specs

[​IMG]

23. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

:mamoru:

24. PUREVIL

Please tell me thats a photochop job hahahaha

Well I took it out to the range today and I got some familarization time. It was shooting far left for me. Last night I shoot about 200 rds of .45 through my kimber and I was >< close to center for 95% of my rounds so I thought it had to be the gun. So I get out the kimber and Im shooting left with it, so its me. I just suck.

As I warmed up with the kimber I went back to center/leftish which is normal. But the H&K always way left. I didn't like the trigger to much. I squeeze off a shot then go back to reset and there is a lil play in the trigger before it starts to engage the sear again. So when I go back to reset I start pulling and the dead play screws up my pull so once the sear contacts I pull it to the left and bang. IS there anyway to remove that play or shorten the reset? On my kimber there is no play between the reset and engagement point (im not sure the exact techincal term but I think you all know what Im talking about)?

After a few rounds I was able to get a decent grouping but still kinda all over the left side.