gyno question for the ladies

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by JemmaX, May 22, 2007.

1. JemmaX

JemmaX New Member

Anyone here had an irregular pap smear? Ive never had one until just last week. I go in next week for a colcoscopy (sp?) and biopsy. I've read some things that said a lot of times nothing comes of it, but then I've got some friends with horror stories of their own.

What can I expect of the biopsy?

I would like to hear some personal stories. Im trying to not be freaked out.

I've been having some spotting about mid month the last 3-4 months and told the doctor that and she didnt seem too concerned, but now I wonder if this is linked to it.

2. copperkali

copperkali Mrs. Nicklk

I had grade 3 cervical dysplasia (pre-cancer). Had the biopsy...which hurt like a motherfucker, then had the cryosurgery. Haven't had a problem since :cool:

But no, it is not fun to go through.

3. The Secretary

The Secretary My domestic skills will rock your socks off!

at least you get to go next week. my mom had an irregular pap and she had to wait 6 weeks for the next open appointment.

when my mom did go back though everything came back normal.

4. MissJenn

MissJenn New Member

im sorry to hear that, i hate bad news from the doc. although ive never had an abnormal pap *knock on wood* i wish you luck :)

i hope everything goes ok:love:

5. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

I've had numerous "abnormal results" come back from pap smears. My gyno used to be confused by this so she set me up for a biopsy and a colcoscopy. Turns out all the women in my family have had this problem, yet have no diseases, viruses, etc.

To be honest however, and I really hate to scare you butI have to warn you....they really hurt, and I mean bad. I have the pain threshold of a lot of men and these exams had me crying and cramping for days afterwards. The best thing I could suggest (and I know it might sound crazy but believe me) is to go inebriated, high, or on some form of painkiller.

But back to the point of the abnormal test results, it could be nothing just like me!

6. lauren

lauren Active Member

right. take a bloodthinner. thats a great idea. :rofl: :rofl:

7. Sionell89

Sionell89 I grew up when I wasn't looking

I've had several abnormals but I've never had a bioposy. Usually we retested, after I had an antifungal. What would happen is that I would get a nasty bacterial infection in my ears. That antibiotic would wipe out everything, even the good stuff, then I'd wind up with a yeast infection and I wouldn't know it. And the yeast infection would screw up my pap. Take the antifungal and 4 weeks later retest and I'd be fine.

Of course you should ask how the pap came back positive. That would make a difference and could justify the biopsy.

Nowadays, with my chronic ear problems, I just take the antifungal a few weeks before my pap, so I don't have to go back again. Then the pap should catch the stuff that is really wrong.

8. JemmaX

JemmaX New Member

I dont know how "bad" my pap looked, but they also asked me if i would be part of a research study that is following people with abnormal pap results. That makes me wonder if its worse than the 'normal' bad pap. Im trying not to think about it too much so I dont get freaked out.

9. Takitome

Takitome New Member

What is a pap smear? Like breast cancer? Not good with medical terms :eek4:

10. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Ummm its kind of important for women to start getting those at least by age 18

11. JustaMeThang

JustaMeThang New Member

Many things can cause abnormal paps, could be something, could be nothing. Most abnormalities are minor things.

The colposcopy itself isnt painful. Just like a pap, just more involved. They will swab your inside with something that makes the abnormal cells appear...and take the biopsy. Its not a pleasant experience, you might cramp up for a fews days afterwards. Ask your MD if you can take some Advil that morning prior to coming in (as well as an Advil, NOT aspirin, regime afterwards). Taking before the biopsy will reduce, not take away, the initial pain. You will have some discharge, most of it being the goo they use inside of you.

Lets hope its nothing, and just like a pap, make sure not to have sex 24-48 hours prior to the exam.

Good luck!

12. Takitome

Takitome New Member

oh right. I looked in my dictionary but didn't see it.

<- l2speak more english

13. k0in b4hd

k0in b4hd New Member

u have warts. you slept around too much. good luck having kids

14. JemmaX

JemmaX New Member

this kind of shit isnt helpful.

ban? :rolleyes:

15. Lindsay Loo

Lindsay Loo ミ★ Mikel's POZ Partner ミ★

i had one abnormal one. they did leep. came back pre-cancerous and no abnormal paps since then