Gymboss mini review...

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Paintballny, Mar 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paintballny

Paintballny New Member

Bought the gymboss interval timer ceaze posted about a while back and finally got to use it today. I must say it really helps me with my 8x2 worksets. It can be set for auto or manual mode which lets you choose if you want it to continue to time intervals or if you want to set off the interval yourself. It vibrates and beeps which is nice and its pretty small and easy to program and read. For $20 it was well worth it. www.Gymboss.com is the site for it. Just figured I'd give everyone a head up especially if you use timed intervals for your training.

2. siniquezu

siniquezu New Member

hmm will keep in mind. Thanks for the headsup. Do you have any pictures of it to show relative size? The one on the website isn't clear

3. ccrooks

ccrooks New Member

:coold:
    i need to buy mine already

4. Paintballny

Paintballny New Member

I'll try and take a picture at some point but its very small. I'd say about the size of if not smaller than a cap from stick deoderant. The dims should be on the site. Its like a mini pager of sorts.

5. disblohs

disblohs I can't shake this little feeling I'll never get a

I picked one of these up and just got a chance to use it this morning. Before using the gymboss I thought I was taking ~1 minute between sets so I didn't think I really needed one of these, but I got it anyway to test it out. Well, my workout flew by today so it turns out I was taking much longer rests than I thought. I got done with my workout ~20 minutes faster than normal so it left time for me to do extra forearm and ab exercises.

The gymboss itself is just like Paintballny said; really small like a pager. I just clipped it on my waistband and turned it on vibrate. I used the dual mode so that I would keep my set to about 30 seconds and have a 60 second rest afterward. I'm pretty sure this will help my endurance a lot. I would recommend it to anyone that wants to start using intervals or needs a stopwatch that has some extra features. I looked around for a stopwatch and didn't find anything that had the features I wanted like the dual mode alarm countdown. This definitely works for what I want and the price is comparable to other stopwatches that I checked out.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2007
  6. siniquezu

siniquezu New Member

My gym laughed at me when I told them about it. :hs:

7. benny196

benny196 New Member

:mamoru:

8. disblohs

disblohs I can't shake this little feeling I'll never get a

lol...oops

9. Paintballny

Paintballny New Member

I am not small.. I WILL CRUSH YOU!!! Oh and the gymboss is the best gym toy I've ever purchased.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.