Gym Workout Plan?

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Slippy, Jul 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slippy

Slippy OT Supporter

Hey guys. I am looking for some help in need of a workout plan for the gym. I am going to obtain a membership tomorrow morning and I want to start this as a daily routine after work for about 1-2 hours a day?

ok.. some background, I am 18, 5'11'' and I am 295 lbs. I've been told that normal weight for my age and height is 160-180 lbs. Need I say more??

I'm really looking to lose some weight. I've never really cared about it up until about 2 months ago(which is sad, i know) when I was diagnosed with high blood pressure and I just finished taking meds for it. Doc says my blood pressure is ok as of right now but if i don't knock some weight off then he'll be seeing me alot more.

Oh it sucked having high blood pressure too, I work in the sun 10 hours a day/6 days a week so I definently felt like I looked.

If anyone could just help me out with a good workout plan I would really appreciate it. Because honestly, I don't even know where to start.

2. rOOster14

rOOster14 New Member

hey man, start cleaning up your diet and doing some sort of physical activity. whether that be walking, jogging, bike riding etc.
    start reading about healthier lifestyles and making better decisions and first things first, stop drinking soda. start taking in a lot more water and cut out the snacks.
    start choosing some sort of activity that you can enjoy that you can also increase the intensity of as you go. dont worry about going out and running 10 miles right away, just start taking the stairs instead of the elevator and going for a walk/jog in the morning or evening.
    read through the archives and the stickys on this board and search around online and you will find some pretty excellent info out there.
    and be patient, dont worry about what you are looking like or what the scale is telling you, start listening to your body and what it tells you as you make these changes and over time you will have transformed yourself.
    best of luck to you man

3. keeler

keeler New Member

stickies have a good workout

4. Cobra Commander

Cobra Commander OT Supporter

:werd:

5. Lukkie

Lukkie OT Supporter

if youre doing that much outdoor work and you're still so overweight, i think diet is the main problem (not that exercise would hurt). id focus on getting that diet fixed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.