gym girls

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by quamen, Nov 23, 2006.

1. quamen

quamen New Member

There is the one girl at my gym in particular that i really want to ask out. I dont know if it is a good idea though,because if she says no or has a bf i will see her very often. Should i go for it, or just leave it alone? I have never asked a girl out at the gym,just because of the fact i stated above,but i really do want to ask this one. I was trying to look for signs from her,but i really cant find any. We usually always seem to be working out at the same time which is good,but i dont know what to do/.

2. Toda Party

Toda Party .....

Have you talked to her? You really have nothing to lose. Think about it.

3. quamen

quamen New Member

no never talked to her,she is always wearing that ipod thing.

4. -argonaut-

-argonaut- New Member

Walk up to her and ask what she's listening to..., that'll open the door for you and is a decent, un-presumptuous opening line to a conversation on a neutral topic that'll at least get the two of you talking to one another.
    Bottom line..., you'll never know unless you try.

5. quamen

quamen New Member

tru, just fear the fact that if im like hey can i get ur number,she will say i have a bf and then everytime i see her ill feel like an idiot.

6. PocoDiablo

PocoDiablo New Member

Step one: Notice the signals.

The first thing you need to do, as a male, is look for signals from a woman that indicate she has interest in you. Signals are often easily overlooked to the inexperienced, but obvious to more experienced men. What signals should you be looking for?

Hey, check this out, a pre-compiled list!
    http://www.askmen.com/dating/dating_top_ten_60/80_dating_list.html

Remember, if a woman is not interested in you, the chances of your success are slim to none if you don't have an extensive set of social skills. You would need to be at ease in most social situations to change her lack of interest to interest from a cold introduction. So, the goal here is to determine her interest level in you. It should be 75% or higher in my opinion, 50% or higher in many others opinions.

Step two: Make contact

Once you have determined that she is interested, because she has smiled, glanced over, removed her headphones, asked for help on a certain machine, etc., then all you need to do is make small talk. Joke around with her, flirt, etc., and keep it short. The goal here is to peak her interest, not tell her your life story. My #1 rule for flirting is never be serious! If she asks how old you are, either say "Oh, I'm 84. The plastic surgery is pretty good, huh?" or ask her to guess. Give her three chances, all the while chiding her on how poor her skills at age guessing are - in a playful way.

Step three: If she actually seems to be giving you signals, is talking to you, and is interested, THEN you tell her to give you her phone number. You do not ASK, but tell. "Hey, you seem like you're reasonably normal, I think we should go out. Give me your number and I'll call you." Don't tell her when, where, or any of that other crap. Just get the number. Then tell her thanks, goodbye, and leave!

Wait 5-7 days to call her, even if you're going to bump into her again. If she asks why you haven't called, flip it around and ask why she hasn't called! She'll of course say she doesn't have your number, but you can tell her "That's no excuse, you know my name, and I can't believe you're too lazy to dial 411 to hunt me down. ;) I guess you'll just have to be patient and wait for me to call, huh?"

Step four: I have a boyfriend.

Ah! The dreaded excuse. Look, any time a woman tells you ANYTHING other than "Oh, yes, great, here's my number hot stuff!" :mamoru: she is making excuses for you to go away. TAKE THE HINT. Be polite and say "Hey, it was great talking to you, but I have to go." and walk away.

Step five: Advanced techniques.

The more advanced way of dealing with that is to just keep going and give her some crap for it. "Well, you don't seem to have a gym boyfriend, where is he? I'm only $40/hr if you need a personal trainer." or "Oh, no, I'm not into men, I wanted YOUR number - not his." :big grin: Part of being a flirt is facing disaster and skirting around it with some skill and tact.

Just think about how you would talk to your best friend. If you told him "Dude, let's go catch 007 Friday!" and he said "Oh, I can't. I've got homework to do..." wouldn't you say "Shit, blow that off! You can do that Saturday or all weekend for that matter, don't be a pussy about it! Come on, I'll pick you up since your POS car smells like cat piss." Same concept with meeting women, except don't be rude, crude, or gross (i.e., no swearing, no name calling, and no cat piss.) It shows a familiarity with her and makes her feel more like you're not some begging little boy trying to kiss her ass.

Realistically, if she's wearing headphones, she's probably tired of guys hitting on her in the gym, as are most women. I personally have a few places where I *don't* pick up on women unless they show interest, such as:

Bars
    Clubs
    Gyms

The list of reasons is long, but suffice to say I find those places have less than ideal results. But that's just my opinion, and until you try and know you should give it a shot!

And so what if you see her? Smile and wave next time, and then laugh about it. "Hey, wanna go on a date?" with a laugh should be the thing you say to her every time you see her after that, being CLEAR it's a joke.

You could just wave every time you see her, smile, and say hi. Sooner or later she may come over and say hi. Appear friendly and your results increase.

Good luck! :bigthumb:

7. quamen

quamen New Member

I appreiciate your thread so much, and i think you should make your own book and have it published. YOur advice on any situation i have encountered seems to be right on target almost as if you were in the same situation. YOu always seem to make such logical/easy sense of dealing with situaitons like this with girls. I cant believe you are engaged from what you said? with your type of skills, i bet you could have a different woman every week.

8. PocoDiablo

PocoDiablo New Member

Thanks. :big grin:

You know, of all the women I have met, dated, etc., when the right one comes along you tend to realize a good thing when you see one. Sure, I could date a different woman every week, but what's the point? I think the goal for everyone is to at some point find the perfect mate and be with them for as long as possible.

A good woman is hard to find, my fiance' is amazing in ways that I cannot even describe. That's what everyone should be looking for, IMO. :bigthumb:

By the way, I should add, I'm 37 and she's 24, so I am not really suffering... :naughty:

9. MiseryIndex

MiseryIndex i never know why. i only know who. Moderator

i just always figured girls don't wanna be bothered there. depending on the gym, they're usuaully the odd (wo)man out, & just wanna do their thing. on the other hand, there's always a fair share of girls who want the attention & whatnot, so just make sure she's that type. make sure you atleast get a smile back before you talk to her

10. Midgetized

Midgetized Don't mess with Douche Cat

No, leave her alone. Getting hit on at the gym is really annoying. If she's wearing headphone it means she wants to be left alone to do her workout.

11. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

Just go flex in front of her. She will be yours.

12. bmwe30

bmwe30 New Member

One of the only times I've ever really approached a chick that I didn't know beforehand was at the gym... A cute brunette running on the treadmill with her friend were watching me lifting (cardio area is above the weights), I noticed a few glances as I came up the stairs to do cardio so figured what the heck...

Walked in between the two treadmills they were using and started jogging on the spot. Didn't turn my head to look at them for about 30 seconds, just kinda jogged and then when I realized they were both looking at me I glanced behind my back, looked at the brunette and said "so... what's chasing us??"..

She kinda chuckled but the friend cut in with a resounding "NOTHING" and gave me a dirty look haha... not exactly a successful story but a fun one..

13. PocoDiablo

PocoDiablo New Member

:rofl: :bowdown:

Sounds like her friend was a bitch. I would have ignored her and chatted up the friend. :mamoru:

14. sassy1

sassy1 perfusion?

My going to the gym is my own time. I would really rather not be bothered by anyone while i am there but... I am always willing to at least say hi if someone says it to me. So it can't hurt to try.