Gym exercises and spinal alignment

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by teo, Jun 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. teo

teo . => ? => !

I know that a strong core is essential, but I'm a bit worried about strengthening my back when it's out of whack. I'm especially concerned about this because I work a desk job and I know my posture sucks, and I don't want to make it worse.

If my back is out of alignment and I do the back exercises properly, will my growing muscles pull my spine back into alignment, or will they adapt to the bad alignment, making it harder to realign my spine in the future?

My "current" exercises (when I was going to the gym regularly, this is what I did):
    - back extensions
    - reverse flys with dumbbells
    - seated rows

2. teo

teo . => ? => !

I did go to the chiropractor - I was hoping someone would know for sure from another perspective because every chiropractor I've been to has always pushed me to come back for regular sessions. (I don't have any serious back problems like recurring pain or anything.) While I do think it's good to realign my back every so often, I don't think it's necessary to go as often as they hope. :)

3. Undefined

Undefined New Member

go to www.t-nation.com and search for a series of articles called "neanderthal no more"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.