Gym Etiquette... Share your stories....

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Jaccordan, Aug 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jaccordan

Jaccordan Guest

Post about different occurenses you have had in the gym where people have disreguarded gym etiquette....

2. WPInerd

WPInerd New Member

this one guy once was sweatig up a storm on the bench press, i was waiting for him to get done, and he left ... he racked the weights but didn't wipe down the sweat off the bench which by the way was absolutely covered in his sweat ..i asked him if he could wipe his sweat off and he told me to "fuck off"..i was like :ugh: :madfawk:

3. Supaflai

Supaflai New Member

I was at my gym induction yesterday... saw a fat dude dribble on the console of an elliptical machine and never wiped it up.

4. timberwolf

timberwolf New Member

This one time in the summer... this girl took one end of the ez curl bar and inserted it into her twat. She didn't even wipe it afterwards. I wouldn't have minded but she wasn't even hot. :big grin:

I think I mentioned this on another thread,,, there are these bitches that hogs 3-4 equipment across the gym and get pissed if you ask to work in. Yet they're always the first to yell and make a scene if someone leaves a plate on a machine they want to use.

5. WPInerd

WPInerd New Member

i hate bitches like that, i have a bunch of them in my gym

6. timberwolf

timberwolf New Member

The ones that stick the ends of an ez curl bar in their twats???:naughty:

7. Jaccordan

Jaccordan Guest

he told you to fuck off? ;rofl: its funny but if it was aid to me id flip shit

8. Jaccordan

Jaccordan Guest

:mad:

9. Jaccordan

Jaccordan Guest

this happened two times...

One time i asked some fag tool if he ws using the preecher curl.. He was basically just holding himself up with it.. He did tell me how many sets he had left or anything.. Al he said was "no" and sat on the seat and waited for his buddy to come over and finish his sets...

an other

im waiting for the lat pull downs and this fat ass dude is on it.. i ask the same question "hey boss, you done with that?" he said no in a pissed off voice.. Wow i was pissed. I started saying to my friend "stupid fat fuck, can even have the decency to at least say how many sets he has left. Fucking :blah: :rant: etc"

he then told me he had 1 set left :hs:

from now on i just ask how many sets left :hs:

10. WPInerd

WPInerd New Member

yea that's all he said, then i was like "well fuck you too" and left

11. valvefloat

valvefloat OT Supporter

Not one damn brolie has a towel at the 24 hour fitness I go too.

12. WPInerd

WPInerd New Member

gross

13. timberwolf

timberwolf New Member

This is the wife of Mr or Dr. Charles Francis.

14. jmx2323

jmx2323 OT Supporter

kid yesterday, did bench left wts on, did incline bench left wts on, did incline on smith machine left wts on. then he was using something i wanted to use and he left and i went and used it and was like i was using that i said well you havnt taken the wts off anything u used today so as far as im concerned your done .

15. valvefloat

valvefloat OT Supporter

only the fat people like me have towels, all the muscular guys don't have towels or if they do, they keep them in their locker.

16. is300eater

is300eater New Member

I can go endlessly with this thread... but the one that comes to mind first was something that happened last night... I hate when people walk up to the dumb bell rack, selects the dumbbell, and proceed to do the set right there stand right in front of the rack... when others have to wait til he/she's done to get near it, or else you might get a dumbbell smack in your face (this guy was doing lateral raises), it's like... "...hey, take the dumbbells, and step back a few feet... wud ya?... "

17. is300eater

is300eater New Member

guys that feel that they must be a "tough guy" buy dropping weights... it's one thing, if you can't lift anymore, and it's safer to just drop'em, but I see guys that blatantly drop'em when it's NOT necessary, as if that makes'em a "real man"...

18. Jaccordan

Jaccordan Guest

Nice :cool:

19. JP®

JP® New Member

I do my heavy DB rows right off the rack, but im one of a few guys that use the heavy ones in my gym.

20. timberwolf

timberwolf New Member

Yeah, my training partner is one of those guys. He's cool and all but I get on his case for doing that. I get embarrassed.

21. Jaccordan

Jaccordan Guest

i have been known to do the following

- Shrugs with db's in frot of the rack
    - Throw db's... Well i would drop them on top of others.....
    - Leave weight on teh bars or machines.... (ill leave 45's on the bar or teh leg press.. I figure people would at least be putting them on anyways..)

22. brolli

brolli OT Supporter

A few things come to mind:

1) There is this obese guy in the gym who has been lifting for less than a year giving advice to everybody including the biggest guys in there because he bought some stupid lifting encyclopedia.

2) There is this little dude who comes to the gym and deadlifts every time. Which is good except for the fact that he puts on around 405 and doesn't do it correctly. Hurts my lower back to watch that every time.

3) same guy from #1 screams way too much even when it doesn't hurt him when lifting. Pisses the heck out of me.

23. timberwolf

timberwolf New Member

Not exactly gym ettiquette story but...
    Old guys are always pretty funny. I mean really old guys.
    One guy in his late 50's at least would stack 4 maybe 5 plates aside in a rack and then not even shrug it off the pins for a rep and then walk away for awhile and do it again in a few minutes.
    Old chinese man, must be in his mid 60's, about 5'5" and 150lbs would do behind neck pulldowns with a weight that's definitely too heavy. He'd be heaving the weight and most of the time its always off balance. And he does this everyday for sets.
    Sports therapist that works out the same time was watching the guy saying... "Oh my god..."

24. Lurker111

Lurker111 New Member

One day walking up to the water fountain I saw another guy going for the water fountain as well (he was much closer). He stopped to talk to his gf/wife so I went ahead and got my drink. I guess he was pissed because I heard the chick telling him to calm down. I looked at him and said, "What, were you going for this water fountain? 'Cause you were standing around talking when I walked up." He just walked off all mad, over a frickin' water fountain (there are 4 right in a row and I went to the first one available and forced him to go over to the next one in line rather than me try to squeeze past him and his conversation to get to the next water fountain.)

25. caucasion

caucasion New Member

when i first started lifting in 9th grade, i used to do the same shit. put a bunch of weight on that i knew i couldnt push just so i looked big. man do i feel like a doosh thinking about those days.

anyways, my story involves going up with two other guys asking a girl if we could work in. she got all "gah but um yeah" and like freaked out and said you know what just take it and walked away

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.