SRS Gym Club Shooting Spree

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by DiggityDogg, Aug 6, 2009.

1. DiggityDogg

DiggityDogg Guest

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,537649,00.html

I am posting this in the Asylum because the story of this man reminded me of a poster who once shared his struggles with women here. It's been a few years and I do not recall the guy's moniker nor many specifics of his story, but what I can recall eerily reminds me of this developing news story.

If any guy here has any feelings such as this guy, PLEASE seek professional help and NO MATTER WHAT don't go taking your frustrations out on other people. It is not their fault and they do not deserve pain just because you feel pain. No matter what gifts some people possess, be it athletically, be it their looks, their social skills, whatever, EVERY person on this planet struggles with some form of doubt, self-loathing, desperation, stress, etc. No one is perfect and if you lack something in your life do not take it out on others PLEASE.

This story breaks my heart, mostly for the victims but I also feel some of this mans pain. He was obviously hurting himself but saw no way out except the path he chose. I would say that suicide is the last thing anyone should do, but this story showed me that there is something that should even take a backseat to suicide... and that's taking others with you when committing suicide.

This man was not beyond help even if he didn't see it that way. SOMEONE out there could have given him the assistance he needed if only he'd have kept trying.

So please, if there is anyone out there in this guys shoes, seek help. I am not just talking about guys (or girls) who want to go out harming others, but to everyone who feels depression and desperation over their romantic life.

2. seismic

seismic New Member

Good post.

One of the things that bothered me the most was that he shot a pregnant woman--twice. They were in her upper body so I would assume that the baby is ok.

Maybe it was my upbringing, but I just can't take it upon myself to hurt a lady... especially a pregnant one. :hs:

3. BwanaKuu

BwanaKuu New Member

Reading his blog (it's been taken down) is really disturbing. Apparently he almost did this in January but pussied out.

He was actually pretty good looking (no homo) so I guess he just had social problems? But apparently he had gotten laid before and had girlfriends just had a LLLLLLOOOOONNNNGGGG dryspell (since like the early 90s).

I will never understand people that take their pain out on others in this way. Committing suicide I can understand though I believe there are hardly any situations that you can't get out of (and most of the time, people commit suicide for very bad reasons). But taking others with you is unacceptable. What did they do to deserve this? Nothing.

4. tibbar

tibbar aww fennec foxah aww

20 years. He just sucked with women and had no friends. It's kind of creepy reading his blog, I was imagining a big fat ugly guy but he does look fine.

5. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

I felt regret that the guy never found asylum off topic on the internet, or any other help forum that could have redirected this guy to a psychiater or sociologist that could help this guy redefine his relationship with people and woman.

6. Crawling Dead

Crawling Dead Gz-TeRRoR

Some crazy shit is, I work with a guy almost exactly the same type of person as the shooter was. No social skills, unable to interact successfully with anyone, awkward in social graces and situations. I imagine at one point my co-worker was a normal guy, but I think even in high school and college he was a bit weird and probablky only had one or two girlfriend shis whole life. He has zero friends and rarely showers and is known to have a short temper and when he gets angry or frustrated he starts throwing shit around and breaking shit.

Just wish me luck on not being the next news story

7. 7960

7960 New Member

while I agree with the intent of your post, I'm going out on a limb and guessing if he was willing to do what he did, no amount of "get help" posts on a website would have actually get help.

8. tenxia

tenxia OT Supporter

It looked like he tried to work on himself (ie. working out etc.) but in the end, his continued frustration got the better of him...

9. BadKat

BadKat GIVE ME WINE!!

If his biggest issue was simply not getting laid, simple solution. $50+Hooker.

I think his main issue, imo, was that he wanted a younger woman, not just any woman. He wanted an 18-23yo to worship the ground he walked on. And he just wasn't able to find that. I mean, look at the seminars and things he took. All about how to get younger women, all about how every guy had a woman screw them over and it all starts with their Mothers. He completely shredded his mom in his blogs and it was mostly due to these seminars he was going to.

And I don't think anything could have made him stop, except finding that 18-23yo. I don't think anything posted on a message board would have done it. And I honestly don't believe that there would have been a lot that the Authorities would have been able to do to prevent this tragedy either, sadly. People say a lot of things, make threats that never come to fruition. If we arrested and detained everyone who did that, there'd be a lot more people in jail. Imagine the Tom Cruise movie "Minority Report" come to life.

10. Hamsterz!

Hamsterz! OT Supporter

11. BwanaKuu

BwanaKuu New Member

I agree, I doubt he would have ever actually gotten better because he would never go and get real help.

Also, there would be a lot of e-thugs getting arrested if they followed every threat. :rofl:

12. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

I think that's a too negative form of speculation, especially since it was 'contact' that this man desired so much for in his life, you honestly do not know 'what would or could have happend' if this man received help in time. Although i can understand that in your eyes this might seem as a lost case, i didn't hear so far that he was going to a theraphist or psychiatrist , from what i know he did not, so. :dunno:

13. 7960

7960 New Member

typing on a web board is not "contact"

I didn't hear he was, either. And what I said was I doubt people on a web board telling him to get help would prompt him to go.

14. lick wid nit wit

lick wid nit wit Official OT Oracle

I suck with guys. Not to the point that I haven't been laid in, like, forever, but I can't get a date to save my life (Hello, Asperger's! :sadwavey: ).

Having said that, I'm not going to shoot the hell out of a fitness place because I'm frustrated with my dating life, or lack thereof. Shit happens and you just roll with the punches, you know?

15. djshotglass

djshotglass New Member

oh man and I was JUST about to go shoot up my local gym... your post has converted me man... I'll never shoot anyone ever again