guys

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Socrates, Dec 20, 2006.

1. Socrates

Socrates New Member

Do yourselves a favor....

I've been noticing a pattern lately. This is about myspace.

On myspace, it seems the insecure people do a ton more of those stupid surveys with like 99 questions about what you do/like.

I don't feel like typing out 10 paragraphs explaining why this is bad, but just don't do it.

Post pictures of yourselves showing you do interesting things. Be honest, and listen your interests, that way a girl will have a reason to message you.

Leave some mystery. Stop filling out those surveys. Don't post blogs complaining about anything. Don't ever appear depressed. Don't pretend to be cooler than you are by having your top 8 all hot girls you'll never meet. Make your top 8 mostly your guy friends.

Next time you're on myspace, and you're about to do something stupid like that, just think "mystery".

Also, sorry I haven't been posting much lately. I just got back from California a month ago and i've been out and about a lot. Man, I have some crazy stories to tell you guys later on though!

2. BadRotation

BadRotation New Member

this guy speaks the fucking truth... I used to be one of those turds that was always moping about something. Decided to just start acting more confident, not posting shit about being depressed, etc, and now I am dating 5 seperate girls, 3 of them smoking hot (even though my looks are not the best), and narrowing them own to one single girl I like.

since I starte dating several girls, my confidence has shot up drastically, and I feel I can get anyone I want.

3. trev.the.enemy

trev.the.enemy New Member

fucking word

:wavey: @ fellow sw mo'er

4. idleprocess

idleprocess Bring a dollar with you baby in the cold cold grou

I have yet to feel any urge to open a myspace account. Somehow, the pull is essentially nonexistent - slightly weaker than the general pull I feel from the rought direction of Pluto every now and then.

Sorry, Tom.

5. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

you should post more. seriously.

6. dazmanultra

dazmanultra New Member

Make sure you have pictures on your myspace of you with hot girls, having fun at parties and clubs etc...

7. BadRotation

BadRotation New Member

Why?

8. BadRotation

BadRotation New Member

Nah, unless you like parties or clubs.

Put pics up of what YOU enjoy doing. Sure, may not attract every girl out there, but it will be more likely to attract girls that enjoy your type of fun.

Here is my page. It seems to work...

http://www.myspace.com/badrotation

9. Socrates

Socrates New Member

10. BadRotation

BadRotation New Member

BTW, in your profiles, most people say to be very vague to seem mysterious and draw the girl in making her want to know more about you. I have found that the opposite works better.

If you are vague, you will attract random girls that have nothing in common with you. If you are more specific on what YOU want, you will only attract girls that have stuff in common with you. Sure, you may not meet a ton this way, but most of the girls you do meet, will have the same interests as you.

Of course, even then, I have found girls lie ALOT. I have met 'good church girls who do not party or sleep around' only to find out by the second date that they are just whores in disguise who party every weekend.

11. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

because you have been able to make positive changes

12. Yotes

Yotes New Member

13. BadRotation

BadRotation New Member

Ah, ok. Didnt know if it was sarcasm.

I would love to post more, but between work, photography, and my newfound social life (after a 1.5 year hiatus), it is hard to find time to be online. Heck I was stuck with two girls tonight cuddling up in a bed watching a movie about figure skating (cutting edge I believe) till 3am this morning. Just got home and I am TIRED.... :hsd:

I try to post as much as I can though.

14. low20

low20 Member

lol....how can you make such a huge generalization? you say that filling out a survey on myspace means your insecure...what a load of bull...sometimes people are just plain old bored and see it and say wtf, and fill it out...that means your insecure? i can say ive done about 2 of those in the like2 yrs that ive had myspace, but people do them all the time and i dont think that makes them insecure...maybe they like filling them out, or they might just be bored

15. Cracked

Cracked New Member

This is a pathetic thread. Meeting people on myspace :ugh: . Get out of the house and into a bar/club/social settting/ect.

16. Socrates

Socrates New Member

Again....read my thread.

I said "it seems insecure people do a ton more of those stupid surveys....etc" ---- Not doing surveys makes you insecure. When I see 20 different friends posting a bulletin, usually about 15 of them are surveys, who 'coincidently' are my more insecure friends, while the other 5 are usually social people inviting people to parties and whatnot.

Doing a survey doesn't make you insecure, but when you're doing a survey, you're qualifying yourself to everyone. Why else would someone do a survey? So people can read about them.

Plain and simple, people who have high social status and high value don't spend their time filling out surveys on myspace. Sure, some high status people fill them out, but GENERALLY SPEAKING, it is a trend that I see with the more insecure people.

17. Socrates

Socrates New Member

Who ever said anything about ONLY using myspace as a source of meeting people?

I use myspace all the time to set up dates and stuff, then meet the girls in person and move on from there.

You may be the type of guy that likes the type of girls who you'll find at bars/clubs, but not me.

I still go out and meet people way more than I meet people on myspace, but there is nothing wrong with using myspace to supplement your efforts.

Pathetic thread? Is there something wrong with helping guys who aren't doing as good of a job as they could be?

You know, you can leave the attacks out of your messages and still get a valid point across. You don't have to fall back on hostility when you know your argument is weak.....people can see right through it.

18. Cracked

Cracked New Member

I read this thread and see if as a help guide for people that only use myspace to interact with the opposite sex

Good for you, I've met a lot of people that don't

I'm not, never been to a club and only time I go to a bar is if I'm meeting friends.

Again, I see this as a guide for people that don't get out in the real world and meet a girl in person for the first time. Maybe you get out and do stuff but I can see some lonely person reading this thinking if he changes his myspace he'll somehow be Mr. Joe Cool and get all the ladies. If you can find a girl w/o the use of the internet but use the internet as an extra tool to help you I don't see any real problem with that but when you soley rely on the internet (myspace/facebook/ect) as a way to meet girls, thats where I find it pathetic.

Valid point, thats why I took the time to type all this out. And I guess my arguement was that I think its pathetic meeting people on myspace, and again, if your solely using myspace to meet girls, than yes, I think its sad. I'm not a macho good looking guy and girls do not flock to me, but I make an effort to be active in my community which gives me the oppurtunity to meet wonderful people. To each his own. But I guess you do what your good at, and if thats meeting people online then go for it, its your life. I'm just the type of person that would not go out of my way to meet someone online when I feel that it would be more fun meeting someone in person.