Guys - Would you seriously date/marry a girl who makes more money than you?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by jmezz, Dec 10, 2007.

?

Would you date/marry a girl who made more money than you?

1. yes

93.4%
  2. no

6.6%
  1. jmezz

jmezz layin in bed stretchin my pumped quads for hours

I'm not talking maybe 2-3k more per yeah than you. I'm talking about 10K or more per yeah than you.

My opinion taken from the 'status' thread:

The only real thing that would bother me that would be a huge problem to me, is if my gf/fiance made more money than I did. This is a HUGE problem to me and I would not marry her if that was the case.

That said, would you seriously date/marry a girl who makes more money than you?

2. XaPU!M

XaPU!M Active Member

Hell yeah! I know the size of my dick isn't determined by how much money she makes, and her income would make life that much easier.

I dont even fully understand why a lot of guys are so insecure about a girl making more then them. If someone could explain I would appreciate it

3. Exiled

Exiled New Member

I dont give a shit what a girl does for work (obviously not whoring or anything you know).

The only thing I care about is how I am treated by this lady, if she is loyal, honest and understanding and "STRONG" in the head.

4. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

in for not giving a damn. I really don't care about 10-20k either way. It would be a little weird if she made enough to make me feel unable to keep up in terms of vacations together and stuff..

I definitely would be put off by a woman who had lots of family money or whatever. Thats a whole different world to me. I met a girl who was 25 and was just moving into an expensive ass appartment in nyc. I asked her what she did and she was like.. ummm.. you mean like a job? :ugh:

5. benson304

benson304 OT Supporter

Yeah who cares?

It'll be hard to do though, working in accounting means cash ;)

6. Viper

Viper OT Supporter

Not only would I, but I am LOOKING for this. :rofl:

Not really, but I'd love it if she did.

7. Placebo

Placebo New Member

Is this a serious thread?

Hell yea I would. Absolutely no problem with that.

You money making ability is the source of value for a person? It's a part of it, but not a big one to most.

8. Viper

Viper OT Supporter

Who voted no?

I'd like to see why.

9. jonno

jonno New Member

i'd love it. a guy at my gym works part-time at the gym and spends time with the kids most of the day. his wife is a doctor. what a life!

10. mrchina

mrchina Guest

Defiantly. I'd have no problems with that.

11. Yuppy

Yuppy Have a seat right there....

absolutely. lol

i dont have a small penis so i wouldnt feel insecure about it.

i dont want to marry a doctor though. they work too much

12. eskarinna

eskarinna New Member

the person who started the thread did.

I think what it comes down to is actual drastic difference that puts you in 2 different brackets or even social groups. i.e. If I am making a 75k+ a year and he makes let say $12/h and work on and off :X

13. Dreams2Reality

Dreams2Reality saywhat

I don't understand why guys, or as I call em', the alpha-males, feel like it's such a big deal.

Personally, my job, life, career is based around something I want to do. Recently I been thinking about switching my major over and becoming a teacher, as I feel that's what I want to do with my life.

Now, teachers are well underpaid and certainly don't make the money someone in a different field can.. So as a teacher, should I lower my expectations in a wife/woman because I don't gross 100+k a year?

Absolutely not.

14. eskarinna

eskarinna New Member

My ex boss's wife is a big giant electronics corporation distributer so she makes 6 figures(over 200k) and he was contributing 50% of his sallary (over 100k) to his 401k

Last edited: Dec 10, 2007
  15. jmezz

jmezz layin in bed stretchin my pumped quads for hours

Wow I'm surprised that there's this many people who would marry a girl who maks more money than them. It's funny, it seems everyone is so quick to tell other guys that all women are whores and that they as men need to be independent, but then you guys have no problem with a woman making more than you so it could ultimately make things a lot easier for you (sugar momma).

I'm the one who voted no. Call me oldschool, but I feel that me being the guy, I am the one who should be making more money. I should be the provider for the family.

I'm not trying to come off sexist or anything like that, it's just how I feel about it.

16. bmorrell

bmorrell SoCal > *

I don't see a problem with it at all. I'm not for it or against it. I'd just be marrying somebody who happens to make more than I do. That changes absolutely nothing about that person.

17. Yuppy

men being independant = not being tied down by a job. = not supporting some wal mart shopping overwieght soccer mom

rich women tend to be smarter, in better shape and well those 2 are good enough for me

I buy my own shit, but what kind of half man is insecure about his wife making more than him? you should be happy to have an ambitious wife; not a lazy one. Having a lazy trophy wife is about as cool as carrying around an Anchor, it always slows you down and drags you down

18. Viper

Viper OT Supporter

1. I don't say that all women are whores. That mentality is insecure.

2. I make enough money to support myself and be independent. If someone comes along who makes more than me, more power to us. I'd live like a king. How much money she makes has absolutely no bearing on my independence. In fact, the only reason i could think of for not wanting a woman to make more than you is you need to feel some sort of control or power over her. :dunno:

3. It is very sexist.

19. pirothezero

pirothezero New Member

Until recently I was with a girl who was in her first year of law school. Two weeks ago we broke up though and today would have been our 4 year anniversary together. There's no way I would have been able to compete with her being a lawyer, and it never really occurred to me that it had to. She didn't always want to be a lawyer though so maybe that had something to do with it.

I don't think it has anything to do with being a sugar momma. What can you do if someone decides to be a doctor or a lawyer? Are you are suppose to say 'I'm leaving I don't love you anymore because in the long run you will make more then me'? In my situation it wasn't as if I was going to be making 30K and her 160K. If something went wrong we would have both been able to support ourselves without the help of the other person. And when we talked about marriage we had talked about a prenuptial being signed and neither of us (the person who made more, or the person who made less) didn't have any problems with it. That is the smartest thing one can do in that situation despite public/soap opera opinions on them. It seems like a lot of people put a lot of weight on shit that doesn't matter, esp this one.

It's on the same level as would you marry a girl whose older then you? OMG I can't let her have more years on me I'd be a pussy *JUMPS OUT WINDOW AND DIES*.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2007
  20. lauren

lauren Active Member

when i was in roch, i made more than my bf, by a lot. cant say the same anymore. :wtc:

21. bluefox1081

bluefox1081 New Member

Wanting a sugar momma, and not caring if she makes more than you are two different things. The difference is that most of the people that voted 'yes' don't actively go out looking for women of higher income.

22. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

:greddy: it has nothing to do with wanting a sugar momma. I just don't think money is a problem if everything else is right. I want the woman who makes me happiest. Not the woman who makes me happiest as long as she doesnt make more money then me.

My ego is a bit more secure then to be worried about her paycheck

23. Nev

Nev OT Supporter

I was just in computer lab listening to these two smokin ass girls talk about their job offers they've had. Both were I-banking. One was going to Lehman brothers, and i forget the other.

I wanted to jack off on them right there.

A girl with brains is a big turn on for me

24. BATMANs

BATMANs New Member

What value would a man have if she makes more $$$$ than the man?

My answer is no. I like to have something in the upper hand.

25. Yuppy

lol you kidding? he would be a companion. the same thing he should be already. If you just want to be an ATM for women go get prostitutes.