Guys with S.O or girls

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by toolio, May 31, 2005.

1. toolio

toolio Guest

Im just curious if any guys that have S.O. (girls you can jump in on this too if it applies) who are on birthcontrol, ever experience any type of "dwindling" of desire on her part..?

from what i have heard, if anythign, BC is suppose to enhance the drive not diminish it. And ladies, or guys, if you know the name of the birthcontrol, can you list it..? Thanks

2. darkrick

darkrick New Member

In some cases BC can lower sex drive.
    In which case, changing to another usually fixes that problem.

My SO had lowered sex drive when she first went on the pill (I don't know what it is or what she's on now). But I do have another female friend who is using Implanon and from what she's told me, that increased he sex drive.

3. BTA

BTA New Member

From what I understand it depends on the girl and the birth control type. A girl's best bet is to see her doctor and be aware of any changes to her sex drive. She might have to go through a couple of different kinds before she finds one that works right for her.

My GF uses I believe Seasonale (sp?), it's the one where she only has her period 4 times a year (another plus). She has no sex drive issues.

4. RedVsBlue

RedVsBlue Penguins > *

She was on Aleese? or something like that. Great sex drive...
    Switched to something new a few months ago due to being on the previous one for so long...still great sex drive :)

5. D

D A guiltless state of self awareness.. The process

Personally I've never experienced that on birth control. I have heard of that problem though.

6. Drag On

Drag On Guest

Yes very much so...

It sucks ass, but for some girls - thats the reality of the situation. We've tried it all too, every kind etc and she's not comfortable with condom only..

Sucky deal but yes.:sadwavey:

7. Bella Donna

Bella Donna Guest

i think it's funny you know what your friend is on and not your SO. :rofl:

8. toolio

toolio Guest

as far as i know, i have never heard of that. i've asked several girls in school here if they experience loss and none of them claimed it did. Thats why i dont buy that. I havent came across anyone that has a loss of it.

this is the 2nd bc shes on. its the 'new' ring deal. supposebly its the lowest dose possible to take but in reality, i think its worse.

they shouldnt call it birth control, they should call it FUCKING CONTROL! sheesh

9. IreLynx

IreLynx New Member

It depends on the girl in regards to what they'll experience & how different they will feel from their normal self. For me it was:

Ortho Tri-Cyclin: Increased libido, but I had almost every side effect. They were bad enough to make me want to avoid sex even when I was hyped up.

Yasmin: Decreased libido, with very few side effects, though a couple of them were the more dangerous ones. I was bitchy (and didn't realize it) & just had no desire to do anything.

Micronor (Errin): I'm just about normal on this; libido is just slightly less than normal for me, but there are no side effects to hinder our activities whenever I do want to do anything.

I'll have my fiancee jump on later with an opinion from his perspective. It's easier to see how somethin affected you when a second opinion/perspective is brought in.

10. toolio

toolio Guest

thanks for the info.. anyone else?

11. PaZzEsCo

PaZzEsCo New Member

When I first started taking BC I lost my desire to have sex. After a while it did come back though. I'm on Ortho Cyclin.