Guys who tend to have longer relationships vs short stints V. Just got out of one.

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Ghostrider4450, Oct 24, 2008.

1. Ghostrider4450

Ghostrider4450 New Member

Shit, its strange being single. I mean I am 22 and have been in 4 major relationships (started dating young) and my ex and I broke up about a month ago. What do you guys do to re-integrate yourself to the single world?

Is it scary out there?

2. when i came out of a 4 yr LTR i simply started to hang out w. my buddies even more then i used to. met different people when going out.

the single world is only as scary as you make it.

3. Ghostrider4450

I was joking. Im more alive now that I ever was in a relationship (not blaming the girls I was with)

4. Jonari

Jonari Well-Known Member

same here...all of my 3 long term relationships ended at a turning point

1st in middle school for 3 years from 6th to 8th, ended a week before high school started
    2nd was 3.5 years from sophmore to senior year in high school, ended graduating day...felt quite amazing dumping that slutty bitch
    3rd was for 3 years from sophmore to senior year in college, ended a month before graduation - we talked until the beginning of summer, had some good times and rocky times, just completely ended a few weeks ago

5. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Embrace being sngle, otherwise you'll never learn who you are because you'll always just be jumping into your next relationship. You could very possibly regret it later in life.

6. Ghostrider4450

I couldnt agree more with that sentiment. I feel more alive now, than I ever did before when I was in a relationship. I want to find that special "someone," but right now im completely content being single and doing what I love. I will probably date and just have fun, but I want nothing serious right now. Not for awhile at least.

7. [-]

[-] Guest

Talk to me, can't even find a date for shit yet. Been out of a relationship for 2 months. Last 5 girls had boyfriends (legit, not lying).

8. petite*belle

petite*belle New Member

It's not that scary really! I guess if you're busy pursuing other things in life like career, travel etc it's not that big a deal. Also if you've got a good circle of friends it really helps.

I was single and just going on dates for a while. Was only in one other LTR before my current relationship. If I don't feel the chemistry or connection with someone I just don't bother. Not fair on both of you.

9. [-]

[-] Guest

Being a girl, it's easier to get a date.

10. petite*belle

petite*belle New Member

Are you kidding me? Decent men are very picky these days. One of my best guy friends is probably the ideal catch on paper but he is picky as hell. He talks about his ideal woman and the 'only girl he'd settle down for' and now he's set the bar so high there's pressure on him to be with the hottest girl around. There are many nice/attractive women who have liked him and he's just ignored. Hence aside from several one night stands he is single most of the time (and now it bothers him cause all his mates have LT gfs).

11. LBFilmGuy

LBFilmGuy LOL why u mad tho?

Single life ftw. :bowdown:

12. Viper

Viper OT Supporter

That's like one guy. :bowrofl:

You just want what you can't have.

13. Ghostrider4450

Im picky insofar as the girl is not petty, not needy or really insecure about herself in general or that she has unrealistic expectations of me or who I should be. Looks are secondary to chemistry with me. Don't get me wrong, of course I am attracted to good looking females, but I'm not 16 anymore. I put way more attention on her personality and how she interacts with a chemistry between the two of us, rather than on pure looks alone. Unfortunatey, I have yet to find a female that interests me in this way and engages me on the level I operate at. I am very selective when it comes to who I will consider dating/playing with.

14. ihaveanevilplan

ihaveanevilplan Everybody wake up, wake up, it's time to get down Moderator

one of the biggest things i've learned from my past long term relationships is dont get so caught up in the relationship that you lose touch with all your friends (ie spend all of your time with her). Which is especially easy to do if you're in a dorm/college type atmosphere. It's all about balance.

15. ihaveanevilplan

wait a minute...do you know me? :eek4:

16. petite*belle

petite*belle New Member

I don't think so! I'm in Australia anyhow... guy I am talking about is named Kristopher

17. ihaveanevilplan

haha i know i know
    but actually sounds pretty similar to me
    i'm a 'relationship guy' and i've been single now for 4 years now because i'm not willing to settle for anything less than perfect :ugh:

18. petite*belle

petite*belle New Member

Speaking from experience there is no such thing as perfect. You may also, think you've found the perfect woman or man (great chemistry, attraction, get along well etc) but once you're 2 years into a relationship with them, you realise they're not so perfect after all. Kind of the situation I'm in now... okay I'll stop there

19. ihaveanevilplan

well of course i didnt literally mean perfect
    i suppose i should say i'm not willing to settle for anything less than 'marriage material' - whatever that is (alluding to your point). i just moved cities though and things are going a million miles per minute i'm not ready to settle down anymore. meeting too many new people and having too much fun ;)

as for you, ms two years deep, are they really deeply rooted problems that will cause a rift in the future or just little annoyances?

20. petite*belle

petite*belle New Member

god where to start. It's mostly his lying. He lies about things he has, things he's done and sometimes about me to his not-so-close friends and onlien friends - as in tries to put me in a bad light. That's the thing though, he doesn't lie to his close friends or to my friends etc.. It's really strange! When it's just us two everything's okay, but socially or when both of us are busy things fall out of place...

He is also a very jealous person - doesn't like me out late at night, wants to know where I am, who I'm with, doesn't like me wearing anything remotely sexy unless it's 'just for him and indoors'. What I mean by sexy is, doesnt want to see me in anything lower than mid chest or higher than the top of the knee cap lol

21. Ideotique

Ideotique Drinking on monday nights does not make me an alco

Meh, even most really ugly girls ´have this expectation that a george clooney clone is going to walk into a bar, clap his handsome and rich eyes on her morbidly obese body and then they will live happily ever after in a mansion with maids and butlers

In reality that is bullshit. The rich marry the rich. The poor marry the poor. The ugly marry the ugly and the beautiful marry the beautiful. Both sexes are guilty of this and you can´t change it

22. Ghostrider4450

This is true, with a few exceptions. I remember learning that in psychology. People tend to stick with people who are as "pretty/handsome" as they are. This also extends to socioeconomic class as well.

23. Ghostrider4450

See the woman I was with was JUST like that, minus the lying part. She would get extremely jealous about the smallest things. It sucked, a lot. :hs:

24. ihaveanevilplan

pull the rip chord :hs:

25. petite*belle

petite*belle New Member

been getting this advice a lot lately :( god so hard to let go though. Went out tonight (one of the few times I went out) and got home to angry messages and hostility...def hanging by a thread. I'm leaning on ending it..and yet it makes me sad