Guys who have gotten dates off the interweb (match, myspace, HoN etc.)

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by huntz0r, Oct 2, 2006.

1. huntz0r

huntz0r New Member

What do you tend to say in the first email to some chick who doesn't know you exist?

So far I've thrown some crap up against the wall, and none of it stuck.

2. maybeitsyou

maybeitsyou New Member

try to get them to contact you first. on myspace, just add whoever as a friend and see if they message you.

3. PocoDiablo

PocoDiablo New Member

Make the first move. Don't say what every other retarded guy says. Poke fun at her profile. Over-play it, and be cocky.

David DeAngelo has some tips on that, as does one of his wings. Google "David DeAngelo online dating" and you'll likely find some info.

Personally, I say the most outrageous things I can. I sent one chick and email saying something like "I bet you like anal sex, huh?" and a week later I found out she did. ;)

4. Apothis

Apothis New Member

It's been a long time since I've done online dating, but I found a little success with it. I think most of my successes involved them finding me though. Anyway, it's highly unlikely that anything you say is going to be so unique they've never heard it before. Keep things simple. Don't open up with your whole life story right from the beginning. Just give a brief and simple intro like "Hi". Mention something you read in her profile to show that you actually read it. Hopefully you have something similar on your end you can relate it to. If so, briefly mention it. Make it casual, just a little idle small talk like if she was standing next to you in a public place and there was something about her you found interesting.

The first message should be pretty short. Just a quick little thing to let her know you're out there and welcoming her to check out your own profile. She most likely will do so. If she digs your profile, there's a good chance she'll respond. Some people might respond no matter what, or not at all no matter what. But I think most would want to learn what they can from your profile before replying.

So hopefully your profile is halfway decent and pics are a huge plus. People are always more hesitant towards profiles with no pics. So if they like your pics and like the info in your profile, they will probably be interested in further communication. First you have to let them know you exist though (but don't go much beyond that until she responds).

5. C.K.

C.K. New Member

comment them dont msg them if you dont know them

6. PocoDiablo

PocoDiablo New Member

Now that I think about it, here are some tips I heard:

1. Don't have a lame username like LoserBoy, EmoFag, Isuckatlife, DeathToEveryone, MountainBikerGuy, xxxRobxxx, etc. Have something descriptive of fun, but not so specific that you are pidgeon-holed into being a guy who only likes to surf. So many names on OT are indicative of this, it's sad.

2. Have a profile that DESCRIBES things you've done in a *tactile* manner, such as "We went to the beach, and the sand was so hot it burned my toes as we ran to the water. Then, of course, the water was ice cold and it took my breath away as I dove into the icy goodness." [Whatever, quick shitty example.] Women READ, so learn to WRITE in a way that excites them and makes them imagine the sounds, sights, colors, smells, and feelings of your experiences.

3. Have pictures of you with friends, lots of them! Show her that you're not some guy who works on his car or computer all day. No pictures inside.

4. Take the BEST pictures you have and put them up. Shower, comb your hair, put on some nice clothes, THEN take pictures out with your friends having a good time.

5. SMILE in your pictures!

6. Don't rant about anything - your ex, your job, your car, your lack of a social life. I know one guy who *right now* is ranting about his ex for 3/4 of his profile, then says something like "hit me up if you want to chill." How many women are going to meet him? None! (That's why asshole called me on Saturday night. :rofl: )

7. Be positive, be funny, be yourself.

8. Initiate contact with other women. Spend a maximum of TWENTY MINUTES per day online contacting all the women you can. That means 1-2 sentence messages to them, then DON'T REPLY until the next day. DO NOT BE AT YOUR COMPUTER 24x7! Keep it short, flirty, and make it clear that you are a cool, fun, and self-confident and self-controlled guy. Ask HER why she should be allowed to go out with YOU, and why SHE is so special - nicely! ;)

9. Do not send any messages Friday or Saturday nights! You're supposed to be out having a life, and women know this!

10. Get their phone number within 5 exchanges, or move on.

11. Get a date within 2-3 phone calls, or move on.

12. Judge interest level. If she's not interested, or you blew it by being boring, move on.

13. Do NOT talk about sex, cars, drugs, politics, computers, ex's, other women, blood, guts, games, or anything negative/depressing.

Personally, my motto is "Never be serious." Joke about everything that you can, and go with it.

7. Socrates

Socrates New Member

When I had NO pictures on my Myspace, I would barely ever get messages
    back, even if I said something exciting or what I thought was funny.

After I put my pictures up, namely with me and the Jackass guys, I get messaged like crazy. It tells a little about myself, and it is a conversational prop. 99% of my messages start with "So how do you know those guys?"

If you have pictures of yourself doing exciting and interesting things, people will naturally perceive you as an exciting and interesting person. Any picture of you can make you look 10x more exciting if you are simply laughing in the picture. Women are drawn to this, so don't screw up something so easy to do.

8. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

also, if you have no picture up, it may make people think you're ugly. I mean, honestly,if a girl/gguy is online a lot, but doesn't have a pic, I almost wonder if they are hiding something. It's not hard at all to get a pic for online.

9. Mr. Kitty Litter

Mr. Kitty Litter OT Supporter

Snagging internet p00n isn't hard, just gotta be good with words...

10. OhFourTwoThree

OhFourTwoThree New Member

The usual "You're so cute/hot/sexy messages" won't get their attention because they hear this crap day in and day out. Stand out by being witty, confident, and funny.

11. Sybian

Sybian She's with me...

I met my girl on Hot Or Not and we're going strong at a year and 4 months.

Basically I was just me. Honest and sincere. She says IM'd her really quickly when I saw her online for the first time, but it was "cute"...

You may want to wait a while in that regard.

12. blackgrrl23

blackgrrl23 If the game ain't money, then I ain't playing.

*taking notes* :io:

13. JJM Enterprises

JJM Enterprises New Member

Make the woman pay for the premium membership! That's how you know she's interested... :)

But really, keep it short and simple. A quick and simple "hey I read your profile the other day and though we might have stuff in common..." might do the trick. Be flirty when emailing or IM'ing, use the smilies and wink faces at the right time. Just be friendly and likable in general.

14. huntz0r

huntz0r New Member

Well thanks for the replies, it seems like I'm pretty much doing the right thing, but nobody feels like responding.

I know, I know, numbers game.

15. BigErn

BigErn OT Supporter

ask her if Chris Hansen will be there when you first meet her.

16. bucherfreund

bucherfreund Guest

Dude, for god's sake do not write something like this:
    "U R 2 cute"
    or
    "your too cute."
    When an adult can't compose a sentence with proper grammer or feels the need to resort to the lingo of a teenage girl, I instantly hit "delete'. I have never gone out or even responded to those messages. Generally if the guy has shown that he has read more of my profile than just my name, age, and location, I will respond. Spend the time to read her profile and comment on it and most likely, she will spend the time to respond. It doesn't hurt to be funny and/or have photos where you can actually see your face, too.
    Good luck!

17. Chris90210

Chris90210 New Member

18. Whatyougonnado2

Whatyougonnado2 New Member

Go watch school for scoundurls /thread

19. Whatyougonnado2

Whatyougonnado2 New Member

Oh yah, ive fucked 5 girls in the 7 months ive been doing online dating.
    Basicly be a dork, confident, and a gentalman. Keep the messages simple and funny, give her ONE compliment that isnt obvious, make its unique. And just play it cool, but give her plenty attention.

Pocodiablow nailed it pretty good.

20. moonie

moonie u want a FRANKYUM?

don't start off complimenting the girl by saying expected cliche things like "omg u r so beautiful" blah blah because they sure have heard it a million times and it just gets annoying later on. point out something she doesn't already knew.

21. ptwiggens

ptwiggens New Member

copy paste is your best friend.

I have a word doc of all my good messages... which used to entail a sort of "you seem cool lets chill" kind of vibe... but lately I've been using a message that literally has nothing about her in it except for busting her balls on situations that I create in the message. I'd post it... but I'd rather keep it to myself cuz it works so well.

22. erobbins

erobbins Active Member

"I'm drunk and bored, thought I'd say hi" seems to be an effective opener.

23. Jackie Treehorn

Jackie Treehorn Active Member

I whole heartedly agree with the never be serious motto. I was just reading through all the countless messages I sent to chicks on match.com. Fucking lame. No wonder they didn't reply. More recently I've taken a new approach and it's worked well. Be Aloof, joke about everything. It works, to a point. At some point you can be a bit more sincere, but until you've hooked her to some degree.

Human nature is so retarded. :o

24. gabacho numero uno

gabacho numero uno New Member

I've tried Match.com, Adultfriendfinder and MySpace and I've never had any luck. I set at women online as much as in real life, lol. So I can't help ya..

25. MP525i

MP525i New Member

i met my fiance on match.com almost 3 years ago (may '04). we're getting married this june. :)