MMA Guys who don't train talk about how much ass they kick

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by FloppyCock, Jul 18, 2007.

1. FloppyCock

FloppyCock New Member

Guys who train talk about how much they get their asses kicked.

Anybody else notice this?

2. Bausk

Bausk New Member

LOL it's true, if they ask I always tell my friends about getting smashed in the face or bruised up, not about me beating up someone in sparring. Basically explaining what it takes to do the work rather than bragging about punching someone in the face.

3. FloppyCock

FloppyCock New Member

When you chat with your buddies, do you talk about how much of a thug you are?

I've noticed that people that actually train tell way more stories about getting their asses kicked in practice than beating some kid up.

4. checkii

checkii ฝรั่งตาน้ำข้าว

I knwo what you mean. I feel so much better when I go home and tell my gf that I am wobbly from getting beaten up rahter than how cool i am cuase i was on point.

i dont liek talking about trianing or mma with the average person because the conversation usually gets stupid and i'd rahter just avoid it and talk about something else.

5. FloppyCock

FloppyCock New Member

Huh?

6. FrankieSixxxgun

FrankieSixxxgun New Member

Yeah, I noticed it. I always come home talking about how sore I am and how I got smacked in the mouth. The worst are the guys who used to train. They're always verbal bad asses and think that their overweight, out of shape bodies can still kick ass like they did 5 years ago.

7. Bausk

Bausk New Member

I get steamed by the TKD instructors who share space at our gym. Out of shape, overweight, and I don't even want to get into much more... but it's hilarious when they come in after we've already been working 2+ hours and are sparring, and we overhear them laughing at us because we are running out of gas and "have no stamina".

Are you kidding me?! :mad:

8. Savage5point0

Savage5point0 Im an asshole.

My g/f is so sick of hearing about how im hurt or sore or whatever. Now if I ever start to complain she just tells me to shut up.

9. DSPNLM

DSPNLM New Member

This is because it's way better to be humble about skills than to brag about them. The guys who walk around talking about how they submitted someone in training or dominate everyone in the gym always end up sounding like pricks.

10. Bausk

Bausk New Member

:rofl:

My wife accepts my bitching because she doesn't have a choice. If she tries to ignore me I just whine louder until she gets me a Vitamin Water/can of tuna/whatever I'm working the angle to get. :naughty:

11. checkii

checkii ฝรั่งตาน้ำข้าว

I dont brag because I have absolutely no self esteem.

12. FrankieSixxxgun

I get the courtesy nod and smile from my wife, but really she doesn't care about my soreness. If I'm nice I can con her into rubbing whatever muscle is sore though, so that's a bonus.

13. Shrug

Shrug Die in a Kimbo fight

yep i also notice that some of the coolest most mild mannered people on earth are fighters. Seen one walk away from a hothead that he could've smashed.

im sure they arent all that way but i really respect the ones who are :bigthumb:

14. Shrug

Shrug Die in a Kimbo fight

oh and i have had SO many grappling bruises that i think my skin has actually thickened up.

15. checkii

checkii ฝรั่งตาน้ำข้าว

that's the worst part about having full sleeves, I can never see bruises, but it freaks me out cause i could have some nasty skin thing and never know it.

16. FrankieSixxxgun

On the weekends I bounce/barback at a bar in Tampa. The management at first was apprehensive about hiring me because I'm 6'2" and a decently built 200lbs. My second night there a fight broke out and I was the coolest bouncer on the floor. I restrained one guy without hurting him, and then stood there without saying a word, just staring, while the other guy in the fight shot verbal diarrhea at me for 10 minutes. His mouth was still going when the cops showed up and arrested him. He even pretended like he was going to run up and hit me. I didn't move, yet somehow he was stopped by some magical brick wall that was 3 feet in front of me. What a pussy. He kept doing the thug, "Hold me back," thing to his friends. :mamoru:

17. FrankieSixxxgun

Hell yeah! I've got 1/2 sleeves and a chest piece, so upper body bruises don't really show for me either.

18. checkii

checkii ฝรั่งตาน้ำข้าว

[​IMG]

Forrest may suck, but i loved his comments on tattooing his leg purple so that Jardine couldnt see if his leg kicks were effective.

19. FloppyCock

FloppyCock New Member

The guys that show up once a month are absolutely the worst. They have the most stickers on their cars, name drop like crazy, and always make sure to tell people that they train in something.

And then, when they see somebody that shows up more often than them, they act like they have something to prove.

20. Placebo

Placebo New Member

ego vs self-confidence

simple as that

21. Trueno

Trueno Bаnned bу Ѕuреr Μоdеrаtоrs

I beat this one motherfucker today and the other day i beat the living shit out of this black dude then last week i beat the shit out of this japanese dude then two weeks ago i beat the living shit out of this german dude and three weeks ago I beat the living shit out of myself and a month ago, i knock down 8 guys with one kick

WHATS UP NOW?!?!!?

22. Ricey McRicerton

Ricey McRicerton New Member

Those stories are funny too. I've gotten laughed at for my knees being all red from bjj in the morning at a party in the evening (with jokes about me liking to suck cock and the likes). I end up bruised, scraped and with mat burn on most of my body. I don't think it ever really looks like I 'win' when I roll when I get home.

I think being humble is a good quality in every day life, and I haven't run into many guys that really train that are in there to just be a dick and hurt people. I've said it before and I'll say it agian, even if I don't really like all the people at my gym, all but a few of them are really genuinely good people.

23. FloppyCock

FloppyCock New Member

How old are you? Because damn.

After seeing bunches of "near" fights, when one or both parties are just puffing their chests to look cool, I have realized that people talk the most shit when they're either being held back or walking away. And then they brag about it to their friends.

24. adrenalin112

adrenalin112 New Member

werd.

however, i love being able to tell a story of... "so this bastard i train with slammed me as an escape from the armbar, but i got him anyway."

and then ill complain about the gi burns i get from being collar choked.

25. Kozzy McKoz

Kozzy McKoz OT Supporter

It is true for anything really. Ignorant people tend to overestimate their ability at something they are ignorant about while the more then learn they tend to realize "oh wait I'm actually a pussy at this"