guys...when is personality gonna matter?

Discussion in 'Archives' started by minusgirl, Jun 8, 2002.

1. minusgirl

minusgirl Guest

wtf? why is it that guys only go for the playboy bunnies/strippers? i'm not ugly or anything but im no stripper either. guys nowadays just need a good :slap: i am stupid and madly in love with someone that hangs out with all these types of girls and am constantly feeling just not good enough. you would think that after being able to have anyone, it wouldn't be that great anymore that you would finally start looking for something real. oh well.....:(

2. minusgirl

minusgirl Guest

the guy that i am talking about is 27. i don'y usually get along with people my own age.

3. Simple

Simple Sexy Beatch

guys go for the hotties. but it's the personality that makes them stay.

4. Indy48

Indy48 Flying > *

Sorry, but guys don't always go for the playboy bunnies / strippers. I never have. There needs to be something upstairs too, otherwise they're useless. Can't talk to somebody who's ignorant and stupid can you? I suppose you can, but it's not gonna go anywhere. Maybe you're looking in the wrong groups? There are guys out there who don't just go for absolute hotties, like ME, but my current situation sucks, so it doesn't matter. Just keep looking around.

5. Phantom Empress

Phantom Empress mmmmmm tasty!!!

:bowdown: :werd:

6. twistid

twistid Banged By Super Models Moderator

i guess like us guys that have this prblem, you ladies are just looking at the wrong ones.

7. phatmonky

phatmonky Guest

you already said it, you are chasing after the wrong person :uh:

8. Fatghost28

Fatghost28 Guest

9. TheRemains

TheRemains If I sound disrespectful, it's only because you're

I'm sure it seems that way for most girls. I mean I ALWAYS turn my head when a pretty girl walks by but it's more of a guilty pleasure then a true attraction. I'm not going to look at some Playboy bunny and think "Wow, I wonder if she likes to watch Kevin Smith or John Carpenter movies." I usually think "Damn, I wonder what her ass looks like bent over my face." I feel sorry for girls that spend all their time trying to look pretty or what YM and Vouge magazine tells them to look. Sure they get attention but they have no idea what kind of attention they get. Don't believe what you see, and try to look deeper for the guy that wants something more. And please don't go for the obvious wrong choices.
    I was talking with my friends sister about this yesterday. She wanted to know why it was so hard to find a decent guy for a relationship, and I said to her how she only looks for certain types of guys. We were watching the MTV Movie Awards and she kept pointing out all these "indie" guys saying how he's hot and he's cute and so on and I said that's the reason why you can't find a decent guy. She keeps looking for a certain type based on how the guy dresses and acts, likes he's some carbon copy of (insert music or movie star here). If you look for guys with more depth then you will find them, but if you are after the guys that drool only over the Playboy bunnies then you will be disappointed.

10. Brigante

Brigante i'm a lurker without an avatar, deal with it

personality matters when guys want more than just sex. a girl can have no personality or the worst personality in the world, but as long as she puts out that's all that matters. but if a guy is looking for a g/f, then personality plays a role. i won't waste my time with a girl i don't think has the right personality for me, even if she looks like she could be in playboy. coz either the girl's all into herself or she's a ditz. right there's two personality traits that are a turn off. back in college when i didn't care for a relationship, i'd go after girls who just sucked (no pun intended ;) ). they could have been duller than rocks, but as long as they spread their legs open, it was all good. but i've grown up since and the quality of the girls i'm interested in has gone up considerably. harder to find but worth it.

i agree, it's definately a maturity thing.

11. ImpOrT_bLisS

ImpOrT_bLisS Guest

when they guy wants a real relationship is when personality is going to matter. I dont think anyone wants to be with another person who has nothing in common with him/her.

12. you know me

you know me OT where the douchbags play

Like my away message says "why is it that girls always say they want a nice guy then go for an asshole? Some one fill me in." I am a nice guy, I don't mistreat women, I respect them, take them out, treat them nice, and yet I still get fucking dumped on.

But anyway back to the post. I don't go for just a hottie. She has to be able to carry on a converstion.

13. inline4

inline4 turn that frown upside down

:eek: minus'es girl? :big grin:

14. SQLee

SQLee The OTer That Cares™

Personality has ALWAYS mattered. Unfortunately, if a girl looks like a dog, it doesn't matter what kind of personality she has. Also, if a guy is just looking for fun, and not a relationship, the personality isn't as important. ESPECIALLY if he's in it for the pooty poo. :boink:

15. M-1000

M-1000 COME FLY AWAY

first i go for looks. if theyve got everything where i like it, i move on to personality. if the personality sucks, then there is no point being with someone just for looks

16. Solrac

Solrac Guest

too bad the truth is that personality doesn't mean JACK SHIT when it's the first time someone sees you. All that matters is your looks. A guy will take any girl that is pretty on that first night, but NEVER a girl that is not pretty. Personality has NO PLAY IN IT. Personality only comes to matter the next few dates.

If you're not super hot, you're gonna have a hard time, basically. You're just going to have to go up to guys and be way more aggressive. If someone hooks up with you, then they might stick with you but during the beginning they'll be thinking "I could get a hotter chick". But if you're personality is great they might stick around!

Basically you have NO chance against a hot girl with a good personality. They have it all. Just the way it is.

17. saxman

saxman Burninating the peasants

have you told this guy how you feel? or are you just pissed off at him for not being interested in you?

18. When I'm actually looking for a girl that I want for more than 1 night...

19. Personality will matter at the same time when women realize that real men don't date mere eyecandy and airbrushed broads.

For me:

Eyecandy + braincandy = :bowdown:

But eyecandy - braincandy = nice to look at but I wouldn't date her stupid ass.

Braincandy - eyecandy = I'd still date her because if she's the one for me I want to spend the rest of my life with someone I can talk to as well as make love to.

20. chica&buddies

chica&buddies Active Member

ouch! :sad2:

for me, i would rather have a guy that had a better personality than good looks. i do notice the hotties, as does every other woman, but i don't think that, for the most part, i would want to date them. i know there are some good guys, but there are also the good-looking guys that are so damn cocky. i hate that shit :mad:

so, maybe you are looking for the wrong guys, and you're setting yourself up for failure... or? maybe just take a little more initiative and go and ask them out. maybe your confidence will stick with them, and that could be all the interest they need to take a chance :)

21. selvo

selvo New Member

Forgot these fags who look for a personality they are collectively described as "nice guys" or "losers".

And as far as Im concerned a cunt, legs and tits do not need a personality.

22. Skinny Pimp

Skinny Pimp OK

IMO, (and my a lot of my friends when we talk about this type of stuff) the better looking the girl the crappier the personality is.

I would much rather date a girl who is cute and has a nice body than a playboy bunny. Why? Because the Playboy bunny has already been silver spooned (IMO) with nice cars and anything she wants. More girls I know that are cute earn everything they have while the "playboy bunnies" have to go to there parents for money and have to find a guy with good looks and a lot of cash. :dunno:

I know what I want...and a relationship with a "playboy bunny" is not anywhere in my near future....high maintanence bitches.

:big grin:

23. Skinny Pimp

Skinny Pimp OK

:rolleyes: :slap: Your comments are worthless. I bet your chances of finding a long-term relationship are good :rolleyes:

24. Solrac

Solrac Guest

i would still rather go out with only the hottest girls (in my opinion they are the ones with a GREAT ass, size B tits, small waist, flat stomach, healthy complexion, not too much makeup and accessories (jewelry, etc.), and a really pretty, cute, face.) The face is the MAIN thing, then ass a very close second. I mean if those things are not in place... I'm not gonna be interested regardless of personality. I want that hot chick, that ALSO has that personality. Maybe I'm too picky, and I'll get less girlfriends, but I'll probably have a better time when I do find the right girl.

Of course if there's no personality it's gonna get boring and end up to be one of those flings that last for a few weeks, or as long as you can carry it if you have access to teh p00n. haha. But it won't satisfy as a real thing, you know?

25. MikeandCIN

MikeandCIN Guest

Its both ways, obviously there has to be some physical attraction, but i think everyones expectations are way too high hence all the divorces and crap. There is more pros than cons to marriage and its what you make and put into a marriage that makes it what it is.