Guys wearing perfume

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by hyukki, Nov 1, 2006.

1. hyukki

hyukki ._.

I'm not sure if this is the right place but here it goes.

To the people of vaginarium:
    Do you think it's weird for guys to wear perfumes? :p

I actually like wearing perfume because... I like the sweetness? of it. Cologne seems too strong for me, even with one spray.

I have the Light Blue from Dolce and Gabbana, which I pretty much stole from my sister. IMO, I don't think it smells too feminine. Maybe I'm used to smelling perfumes.:mamoru: I get a lot of "You smell good" from girls:wiggle:, and lots of "You smell like a girl" from guys. I like being unique and it makes me feel good(?) that I stand out from the crowd.

I guess the most important thing for me is to get good comments from girls, but some girls are just too weirded out by the fact that a guy is wearing perfume...:ugh: And the guys think I'm gay or something. (I don't like it because they sound like homophobes.)

Anyways, is it that weird for a guy to wear perfume...? Should I stop and go back to cologne? (I used to use Classic from Banana Repub. It smells pretty "sweet")

P.S. Is this case common? I sure hope so. :noes:

Last edited: Nov 1, 2006
  2. Daddy O

Daddy O New Member

Yes

That depends upon which side of the door you want to be standing on.

No

3. RedVsBlue

RedVsBlue Penguins > *

It's odd. But hey, whatever floats your boat right?

I dont think it has anything to do with your sexuality, but you just have to decide if you are wearing it for you, or to pick up other people. If you are wearing it for you, then who cares what others think. If you are wearing it to smell good for others, then be prepared for major criticism.

If you really lover perfume, and dont want to deal with the criticism, then I advise you find a nice woman to keep around and buy her the perfume you want to small.

4. low20

low20 Member

haha dud, the light blue from D&G is totally girly...everytime i smell it, i think girl...u need to just explore more colognes....clinique happy is pretty "sweet" but not girly....chicks will also know if ur wearing girl perfume and they will start to wonder about you

5. RedVsBlue

RedVsBlue Penguins > *

Yea, if you are looking for chicks, I dont know how successful you will be. Alot of women are turned on by a "manly" smell. They will pick up on the fact that its perfume right away, and not only will that not pick up any women wanting a "manly" man, but it may cause females to wonder about your sexuality, and once females start talking and the rumors start flying, you may be in a situation far past where you wanted to go.

But once again, do whatever makes you happy. If wearing perfume makes you happy, then fuck what anyone else thinks about you. :bigthumb:

6. Dio Seijuro

Dio Seijuro New Member

It's wierd in that I know more women who prefer to wear men's colognes!

7. hyukki

hyukki ._.

DAMN IT. I actually took over a good 30 mins to come up with why I started using perfume... and when I clicked "Submit Reply," it told me it was an invalid link!!! LOL. :wtc: I don't wanna sit here and try to remember what I said... but I will upon request.

What are some good colognes? Something soft and sweet but not feminine?

Thanks for all your help! I really appreciate it!

8. Abomb

Abomb New Member

chicks will think you are gay

9. Rick Rolla

Rick Rolla dragon shit

I wear perfume sometimes :dunno:

10. hyukki

hyukki ._.

Assuming you're a guy, :bigthumb:

11. Coottie

Coottie BOOMER......SOONER OT Supporter

I think it's wierd for a guy to wear perfume because I haven't every met one that did that wasn't also gay. However, if that's what you want to do, go for it....but don't expect everyone to agree with your choice.

I think women will tell you that you smell good but I don't think that means you'll get more dates with them or that you'll have more sex with them. I think it just means, you smell good to them.

There are all kinds of cologne for men, some are better smelling than others.....but w/e. I would never wear purfume because I don't want to smell like a woman. I do however love the tiny hint of perfume I get on my clothes after hugging women....unless I don't like their perfume. :)

12. Daddy O

Daddy O New Member

So do I, it kind of rubs off on my nose and cheeks......oh wait, that's not perfume it's pheromones........sorry.

13. OoOlAlA

OoOlAlA New Member

It is feminine. I wouldnt go by a guy wearing perfume personally.

14. jotti

jotti New Member

I suggest you watch the classic movie, "Batman and Robin", it will be an enlightenment for you! OT promises. Right OT?

15. wallydog11

wallydog11 New Member

try the paris hilton cologne for men...it has a slight fruity smell to it...:mamoru:

16. Socrates

Socrates New Member

I've done it before.

I read advice saying "Spray on perfume, then when another girl asks if you are wearing women's perfume, let her know it rubbed off from another woman."

It worked, but I get better results wearing my Aqua De Gio!

17. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

Heck, why worry about cologne or perfume if you don't like the smell? Just keep clean, shower and bathe regularly, use soap, shampoo, and deoderant.

18. hyukki

hyukki ._.

Tell me something I don't know already. :fawk:

As for the offensive crap, I never said I was offended by the smell of cologne, I merely stated that I do not like how strong the cologne is.

Just clearing it up.

19. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

If you don't like the smell of cologne., then don't wear it. I don't particularly care for cologne, so I don't use it. I simply try to keep myself clean, and that seems to be enough.

I want to address something from your first post. You said:

"I have the Light Blue from Dolce and Gabbana, which I pretty much stole from my sister. IMO, I don't think it smells too feminine. Maybe I'm used to smelling perfumes.:mamoru: I get a lot of "You smell good" from girls:wiggle:, and lots of "You smell like a girl" from guys. I like being unique and it makes me feel good(?) that I stand out from the crowd.

I guess the most important thing for me is to get good comments from girls, but some girls are just too weirded out by the fact that a guy is wearing perfume...:ugh: And the guys think I'm gay or something. (I don't like it because they sound like homophobes.)"

First off, yeah, you like the smell of perfume because it's what girls smell like. It's like chocolate...it smells good, but would you want to go around smelling like chocolate all day? It just seems unnecessary.

The bigger, more important thing I want to address....why can't you feel good without using the perfume to stand out? You are placing too much emphasis on something external for both to stand out, and gain validation.

You need to wear perfume to stand out. Why can't you stand out on your own? And what's with needing to be complimented by girls for smelling good? I mean, it's not bad, but shouldn't they be complimenting you abour more important stuff, like spending time with you, or having fun with you?

20. Coottie

Coottie BOOMER......SOONER OT Supporter

:werd:

I was thinking when I read this that the OP is trying to be unique, just like everyone else. :)

21. hyukki

hyukki ._.

Aw, everyone hates me. :p
    It'll probably sound like an excuse to make myself look better or something but honestly, I often forget to spray. And even when I do wear it, it's a very small amount and it fades away pretty quick. I guess it's just my personality to feel unique in such a way though. (I do lots of weird stuff but I will not mention any of that... I don't wanna attract TOO much attention to my way of being unique. :p)

You guys have really good points, now I am starting to think I should've kept my mouth shut and just use cologne or not use it at all. :)

I'm fairly young and I have yet to learn/discover many things in life and I'm trying to asap. I like getting advice from people with more experience, that is why I asked.

Thanks for your help, I really appreciate it.:bowdown:

22. Two toys

Two toys New Member

i want to hear about all the other wierd shit you do.

23. Synner

Synner New Member

I don't see a problem with it. I don't like the smell of cologne, I like the smell of most perfumes....it's not to pick up girls or anything, it just smells better to me, and I don't care what people think, so fuck it. If it makes ya happy, don't change it.

24. Synner

Synner New Member

IBwomensclothing

Nah, kidding. Seriously though, there's no reason to go to weird, outside things to be "unique". Be yourself, that's as unique as you're gonna get. Do what it takes to feel truly comfortable, and confidence will do the rest. You'll get far more compliments from being confident in yourself than you will from being the "odd man out."

25. enfiniti

enfiniti How firm thy friendship ... OHIO!

ehh, think about who you are tryin to atract with it. If that's what youre doing.

Chicks dont want to smell themselves.

Probably like you wouldnt think a good lookin girl sporting a heavy musk smells hot (I assume).

If you cant handle the manly smell, water it down or something or just take showers.

Keep doing it if you just want comments though