Guys, some very simple advice that you all know, but aren't following.

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Placebo, Jun 19, 2007.

1. Placebo

Placebo New Member

I can't believe that I'm going to write my thoughts out, but I am because they have been screaming at me for a while now and I know a lot of you can benefit from this.

Don't waste time and hurt yourself in the process by micromanaging your personality, relationships, etc... when there you have much more important problems existing that need your attention.

Seriously, it's gonna strike everyone as common sense, but even if you are a pimp and think you have everything taken care of, read that again.

This goes for girls, business, networking, everything...

Everyone, including myself fucks this up. Fundamentals, guys and girls.

Examples:
    -Don't worry about openers/'pick-up lines' and bullshit like that when you have the confidence of a teenage boy sitting on the side during a dance.
    -Don't buy expensive clothes to look good when your hair makes your look like an extra from Napoleon Dynamite.
    -Don't worry about figuring out the proper transition from missionary to the reverse oompa loompa when you aren't sure which hole to put it in.
    -etc... Obviously kidding, but you get the idea.

No one focuses on the fundamentals in anything except for the people that know what they're doing. Don't waste your time with the advanced stuff because it's not gonna have any effect and you're gonna come across as incongruent.

Look at your big flaws and work on them every damn day.

I'm beating a dead horse, but remember that you only live once and your life is wasting away one minute at a time. Put yourself out there and make yourself uncomfortable every fucking day. Do yourself a favor and read this over a few times and really try to take it in.

2. Put in the sticky.

3. NCS

NCS Active Member

totally agree. prioritize. micromanaging is acceptable once in a while when you really need to work out a kink in something -- but should only be done once you have the basics down

4. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

good stuff :bigthumb:

I'm seeing all these posts today that seem like they are written for me and they are helping me a great deal.

5. nygiantplaya

nygiantplaya I

you couldnt have said it better placebo... fundamentals are always key in anything you do..

I am a very serious musician and I'll practice a lot of difficult things to make myself better, but no matter what I'll always start out with the basics/fundamentals every practice. Just like if your spending to much time on all the more (fuck i cant think of the word!!) expert stuff and never keep your foundation strong, it wont matter. I'm sure even David D. as experienced as he is will always go back to the fundamentals and make sure nothing is lacking.

Fundamentals are key to a good foundation!!

(sorry rambled on a lil)

6. XaPU!M

XaPU!M Active Member

It's possible I may not understand this thread, but I'm assuming (based off the examples you gave) that this is directed entirly at the "PUA"s of OT?

Because every single person should always be striving to improve themselves ("yourself out there and make yourself uncomfortable every fucking day."), that is just common sense.

7. NCS

NCS Active Member

not many people share this common sense. i've been trying very actively to improve myself since i was about 21/22 or so, years before i knew what a "PUA" was.

8. Jbknight

Jbknight New Member

thats funny, because i've got a friend who all he does is worry about picking up chicks, reads books on it and everything, buys all these expensive clothes, but has the worst comunication skills ever, not even good with other guys, not even that good with us (his friends) We definitely tell him he needs to worry about the basics before worrying about picking up "HB10s"

9. Takitome

Takitome New Member

I like this advice.

It's easy to overlook the fundamentals as you say, the ground that you build on.