Guys hit on my SO, Constantly.. *crie*

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Darrin, Jul 22, 2005.

1. Darrin

Darrin Eat. Sleep. Arrest People.

I guess im fortunate my SO is a very pretty girl, however, this has its downsides. Like most americans, she has a myspace..

What i dont like is every day 10 or so different guys hitting on her, asking for her SN, Number etc. I dont want this to turn into a jealous rant, but i really dont like it. Of course, i trust her, and she loves me. However we kind of met through the internet and i always worry that its just a matter of time before another "Me" situation comes along where she actually likes someone who leaves her a message.

What can i do to.. i dunno stop worrying :) other than straight up not visit her myspace :)

2. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

The whole point of myspace is to flirt. It's really no big deal. So what if she does find someone new? Enjoy it while it lasts instead of worrying. You'll be much happier in the end, trust me, I know from experience of being a jealous douchebag :o

3. Darrin

then of course, i'll be upset :)

4. Coco Monkey

Coco Monkey OT Supporter

my suggestion in this case would to be open the subject with conversation. Mature conversation where you explain your feelings and how this upsets you. If she cares, or shows any interest in keeping this relationship alive, she'll respect you and quit.

If she doesnt, then i guess she's not the one you should be having a relationship with.

5. Darrin

i mean, the people hit on her, she doesnt necessarily reply or anything, sometimes just will give a "Hi" back and then not reply again but ya know..

i'll let her know my concerns.

6. KoRnStaR

KoRnStaR New Member

as long as she's not doing anything wrong (unless she's doing those private messages), I don't see what the big deal is.

7. Darrin

i didnt think i was being a douche, i just dont like guys hitting on my SO :), and korn, ure right i guess, still hurts me tho heh

8. Altered_Ego

Altered_Ego (+.+)(-.-)(_ _) ..zz

Why is she really on myspace? To meet friends? If my fiancee told me it bothered her that I was on myspace or some other account and I saw it was really really getting to her I would probably delete my account and not worry about it.

I know how you feel though. My fiancee works where there is about 5-10 woman and the rest are men (about 75-80 or more) and they are all like mid 20's and late 30's and 40's and most are divorced or just old pervs and they would constantly just flirt even knowing that we were together. When she finally got enough she finally went off on one of them and they finally got the point. So it will be up to your gf to put a stop to anything like this.

9. Mikey

Mikey This one, this form I hold now, so Wide eyed and h

My wife and I both have myspace accounts. Guys hit on her constantly, guys that are a lot hotter than me and have better bodies, but I don't really care. Also don't be nieve. You have to come to grips that even though you and her are together she is still going to find other men attractive. Just like I'm sure you find others girls on there attractive.

10. Darrin

you summed it up pretty nicely there, thanks man.

11. RedVsBlue

RedVsBlue Penguins > *

Why does she feel the necessity to have a myspace account? That is designed for singles to find each other, if she is with you, why is she posing as a single girl online?

12. Chemo

Chemo New Member

can this be asked....

pics :o

13. RockChick

RockChick New Member

meh, as long as shes not giving her number, or going out with someone else... why worry?
    thats one of the things you have to learn in a LDR... dont worry about lil things like that.

14. Mikey

Mikey This one, this form I hold now, so Wide eyed and h

myspace isn't only for singles. My wife has "married" selected in her profile. as do I.

15. Darrin

were not officially together.. we live a LONG way apart but kinda have a pact as it were, but not oficially a couple. as i said, she's the SO, not the g/f (Atlantic Ocean owns me)

16. AstroGirl

AstroGirl If I don't respond it's because I have severe ADD

Yeah I have problems with my SO on myspace too (read a lil help here post)

I have decided myspace is the devil, and I deleted my account. It is silly. It is a place that opens a huge window to your life that the entire world doesn't need to see.

17. RedSoxGrl

RedSoxGrl This is not merely baseball, it's a way of life.

that's not really the whole point of it. i use it to keep in touch with a group of friends.

18. RedSoxGrl

i agree with the mature conversation aspect of it.
    forcing her to quit will only make her angry, but at least maybe you guys can talk and find a compromise.

19. RedSoxGrl

agreed.

my boyfriend and i are both on there, but we have "in a relationship" selected.

20. RedVsBlue

RedVsBlue Penguins > *

:werd:

21. Master Shake

Master Shake Guest

My girl doesn't even know what myspace is:mamoru: She only gets online to talk to me anymore anyways:o

22. [HRT]Squirrel Master

[HRT]Squirrel Master New Member

thats the way it should be! ha ha ha j/k

23. Mojo

Mojo New Member

create myspace account and let the girls come to you and see how she feels. play her at her own game lol.

but on a serious note, you can create one and post comments in her comment box so it'll make sure it'll get the other guys attention on myspace to let them know "shes yours" or whatever your trying to do. i know there are guys and girls out there on myspace where the gf/bf will randomly leave a comment saying "love you" or whatever.

24. incubimmer

incubimmer New Member

ok yer not even together 1st of all which means she prob isnt all that into u in the 1st place (unless u met on myspace which just makes it to pathetic for my mind to comprehend) but not only that, u live in your words a LONG way apart which makes it worse still. not to mention the fact that she is on myspace looking for other guys cuz she is too pathetic to get one in real life means she likely isnt worth the time and/or effort. your not even a couple she prob cheats on u w/o u knowing it on a regular basis. here is some advice. girls generally get hit on regularly by guys if they are fairly attractive right? so why in the fuck would she need to go on the fucking internet to meet someone, il tell u, bc its means 1 of 3 things, either she is ugly, she has a terrible personality, or both. get over it, get some balls and go out and find a non e-relationship. u will save yourself alot of rhetrospective embarrasment in the future.

ps. myspace has the biggest number of pathetic failures percapita of any current social group.

25. RockChick

RockChick New Member

see, darrin, thats the point i dont get... u guys have sex whenever you are together, you tell each other "i love you", you spend money, lots of money to see each other but yet you are not bf and gf.
    thats seriously fucked up man. whats the point of that? when i love someone, what i do, then i want this someone to be my bf, which is the case (or gf if i was a guy)... i dont get it, i really dont.