Guys. Ever feel played if you dont go with your guy instinct first?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by quamen, Dec 4, 2006.

1. quamen

quamen New Member

I feel like a complete idiot about my ex gf situation.. For some reason i kept thinking she was cheating on me, which she was in fact. I tried to cut it off, but she kept saying i was paranoid and nothing was going on, until i found out for sure. I just feel really upset and dumb for just not cutting it off sooner, like she got the best of me and she is younger than me! she was able to look me in the eye and tell me she loves me, didnt cheat etc, but she did. I really stilll cant get over the fact, but maybe causee im not with another woman yet. I wish i had better skills or broke it off before i had to find out for sure. My friend brought it up tonight when i first started dating her, she went to a party and stayed their alone. She ended up being all over the guys and shit and i didnt know that. The past is the past,but it seems like 3 months i was getting played and didnt even know for sure, or didnt take proper action.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2006
  2. 1.8t

1.8t Member

You gotta get burned at least once to know how to act differently the next time. No worries, live and learn...don't make the same mistake next time.

3. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

That sucks man, I'm sorry that happened to you.

Many women will walk all over you IF YOU LET THEM. The key is having standards of behavior and not tolerating anything less.

This doesn't mean you become a controlling asshole - in fact, you will probably need to give her even more freedom than you have in the past. If she wants to go with her friends, don't whine and complain and tell her you want her to stay with you - let her go.

It all comes back to interest level. You have to be able to accurately gauge her interest level in you at all times. This girl most likely did many things during your relationship that signalled her low interest in you, but you did not see the signs.

When you see signs of low interest, immediately give her less attention. Your time is valuable and if she doesn't earn it, she doesn't get it. Simple as that.

You have to have the mindset that you are the prize. Which means she is privileged to be with you, because you are rare and she is not. She can be replaced easily by you, but she can't replace you easily or at all. If you don't feel like you are good enough then you should work on improving yourself first before trying another relationship.

I know that sounds bad, but your mindset is the key. If you truly believe you are the prize to be won and act accordingly, you won't have to deal with nearly as much shit from her because she will too afraid to risk upsetting you or you dating other women. An exclusive relationship is her reward and just as you have to work to keep her interested in you, she has to work to keep you as well. Fact is most of us guys are perfectly happy fucking different women and not being tied down to one so you agreeing to see her and only her is a damn big deal and she had better appreciate it.

4. OoOlAlA

OoOlAlA New Member

3 months...I dont beleive is love. You will get over it. Everybody gets hurt sometime. You will find someone new. Dont let this ruin your future relationships.