Guy Won't Date Me Because I'm Wealthier Than He Is

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by sportsjunkie, Feb 6, 2006.

1. sportsjunkie

sportsjunkie OT Supporter

So me and this guy, Drew we've been "lovey dovey" for quite some time now, since October 2005.

I asked him why he wouldn't committ to a relationship with me, and he's always dodged the answer by saying "he's not ready, and that he needs to concentrate on school"

comes to find out, we were having a discussion, and the majority of his past relationships he broke off b/c his girlfriends all came from wealthy families or they made more $$ than him.

it never hit me before, but now that i look back at it, he's never wanted to do anything that required paying for anything, he never wanted to come into my neighborhood, and he's always made jokes about me being spoiled and having all the latest technology gadgets :hs:

I've told him that money isn't a priority to me, and while i do live well beyond my means, i try not to "flaunt" what i have and i think i'm very humble. the area that we live in isn't a rich area, but it's a wealthy area, and a few parts of town have people living in poverty..he's living less than middle class, but i think that's fine :dunno: i like him b/c he's a great guy and he has so much potential, and i tell him this, but he just won't budge.

has anyone ever been in this situation?
    how do i get him to take the next step in our relationship, or what should i do? :dunno:

cliffs: thread title tells it all ;)

2. giapia

giapia Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you re

tell him to grow a pair. he might be insecure with other aspects of his life other than his financial situation. if it really bothers him why not try an honest effort to change his financial status?

3. marauder

marauder New Member

What a moron he was.

4. sportsjunkie

he works as a personal trainer, but can't get many trainings in due to school.
    i think he's just ashamed.

5. giapia

i can see why it would be a huge blow to his male ego & pride but if he likes you and you like him...letting something like this get between you guys is asinine :squint:. have you tried going out and doing half-n-half payments?

6. date me instead :wavey:

7. giapia

i'd take his offer :dunno:

haha i know a lot of guys would want a girl to be their suga mama :mamoru: so if that doesn't work out, i'll send you their way :o

8. sportsjunkie

lol...awww, I'm flattered ;) maybe someday :dunno:

9. sportsjunkie

we've done half and half payments (like dinners)..and it seemed to work out fine, but we haven't done it often

10. giapia

hmm...well, the way i see it, if a guy really likes you and really wants to be with you, nothing's gonna stop him from doing that, so his excuses are lame. i guess it's ultimately up to you to decide whether or not he's worth it and if you're willing to wait til he comes around and gets off his insecurity chair. so, hold out and miss out on potentially better opportunities or...fuck it and move on.

if he's letting this become an issue, who knows what else he might not be able to deal with in the future in a committed relationship?

11. sportsjunkie

yeah..that's what i'm thinking..if he can't get over it, i'm gonna have to move on. i don't wanna waste my time

12. skelm

skelm New Member

Is there such a thing at friendzoning for girls? Sounds to me like she could almost be there... Would be a lot easier to break out of then it would be for a guy though.

Is it that he doesn't want to go do things that cost money or that he is trying to avoid more dating situations?

By the sounds of it the guys has had a few bad experiances? Maybe he just wants to be single for a while?

13. giapia

yea, friendzoning works both ways. but really, if you liked somebody, what would stop you from being with that person? if he doesn't like her he should just come out and say it snd stop dicking around. whatever relationship he wants with this woman, he should have the decency to let her know

14. sportsjunkie

to me it seems like he doesn't want to do things that cost money.
    He hints all the time that he would love to be with me and he's always talking about us "being together" :dunno:

i've asked him if he wants to be single, and he'll just shrug his shoulders or change the subject

but i do think i need to discuss this with him

15. giapia

yea, i think that's the only way to resolve this, cuz in the end, we're just OTers who might be biased giving you advice. but i've been looking at this objectively :o. if he tries to change the subject, punch him in the fleshy patch where his balls should be :mamoru:

16. Tony Stark

Tony Stark John McCain has an illegitimate mexican baby

you'd think he want a sugar momma

17. erobbins

erobbins Active Member

I've never understood that.

in fact, it would probably make me comfortable because I'd know she's not a golddigger.

18. hatedbyall

hatedbyall New Member

waaaaaaaaaa is what I say about that who cares how much$ u have if he loved u he wouldn't care

19. cobramadness

cobramadness OT Supporter

Call him a pussy and dump his ass... My only guess is he doesn't like you "enough" to have a committed relationship. Or maybe he is just a moron. Goodluck.

20. YogiBird

YogiBird New Member

My girl makes triple of what i make.:)

I love it!!!:hsd:

21. Stealthy_C

Stealthy_C my Vespa rocks.. ̔̕̚̕̚ ҉ ҉̵̞̟̠̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠͇̊̋̌̍̎ ̏̐̑̒ OT Supporter

:werd:

22. sportsjunkie

I know right; that seems more logical

haha :rofl:

i know some guys like being pampered by their women :dunno:

23. marauder

marauder New Member

Who wouldn't :big grin:

24. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

For quite some time I made a LOT more than my husband. It never really seemed to bother him though.
    Why are you so stuck on this guy? Do you really care for him? Do you really think a relationship could work out with him (considering his seemingly staunch issues with money)?

25. sportsjunkie

I'm so stuck on him because we have honestly connected a great deal, when I'm not at school or at home or with other friends, I'm with him. We've taken lil trips together, i've spent time with his family, etc.

It's as if we're dating, but we don't call ourselves bf/gf :hs: I really do care for him, and I know he cares for me because he tells me all the time

I would talk to him and discuss this with him and let you all know what he's feeling, but right now he's on a trip across country; so I guess I'll have to tell you all later on