Guy from work, childish msn bs

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Takitome, Jan 3, 2008.

1. Takitome

Takitome New Member

Well this is kind of stupid. I added my co worker to my msn some weeks ago. We'd talk at work and chatted alittle here and there on msn, he can be fun to talk to but somtimes he wouldn't stop talking. So after this conversation I added he logged off, I didnt see him online or untill work next week. He seems irritated and won't talk to me properly or there's just that attitude there now. It's not fun when I'm working around this guy for 5 days a week and I cant ask for help. He said that what I said really stung him or hurt his feelings.

I think he's being too sensitive about it all or just taking it too serious. It's been going on for about a week now. This feels kind of like school where the teacher has to come and get us to kiss and make up or something. I dont want to have to change jobs cause of some dumb shit like this.
    I don't know.. What do you think?

guyfromwork: (by the way, if all this talk is getting too creepy, let me know and I'll shut up... something about all this is just making me curious)
    Takie: It is getting alittle creepy yeah
    guyfromwork: ok
    guyfromwork: I'm sorry...
    guyfromwork: It's not about you, specifically
    guyfromwork: I've been with other girls who preferred roles, and I couldn't understand some things
    guyfromwork: Difficult to explain
    Takie: Your over analyzing, it's not rocket science
    guyfromwork: I'm a little dense when it comes to these things, though
    guyfromwork: Like, I've tried to be affectionate with someone who obviously preferred the stronger role, and I could sense her discomfort
    guyfromwork: I wanted to try to slip into it correctly, but had trouble
    guyfromwork: morph into what they want
    guyfromwork: it's hard to do that when your understanding of the opposite sex is limited
    guyfromwork: hence the questions... I need knowledge
    guyfromwork: anyways, sorry about that
    Takie: Take what knowledge you have, and work the best you can with that information. When you learn something new, adapt
    Takie: Like you do in everyday life
    Takie: Or when you learn a better magic trick
    Takie: hehe
    guyfromwork: Some things I can see easily... others, not easily at all
    guyfromwork: Like, right now I'm going back and forth between this MSN conversation and the music I'm composing
    guyfromwork: and in both instances I'm blocked
    guyfromwork: can't figure it out
    guyfromwork: it's frustrating
    Takie: Ooooh god
    Takie: Well what you want me to do about it

guyfromwork: can't figure it out

guyfromwork: it's frustrating

Takie: Ooooh god

guyfromwork: ??

guyfromwork: Oh shit... no no no

guyfromwork: not YOU

guyfromwork: the subject matter... girls and guys and various roles they fall into

guyfromwork: I've experienced the phenomenon, I've tried to adapt to the phenomenon, failed

guyfromwork: you're fine... I just feel bad that in trying to understand all this shit, I've creeped you out

guyfromwork: and when I switch over to the music, I've got this tune, this chorus, but I can't do anything with it, I don't know how

guyfromwork: to get into the chorus, and then get out of it

guyfromwork: it's just the chorus, over and over

guyfromwork: not expressing myself well

guyfromwork: I think... why don't I get off your case for a while...

guyfromwork: it must be your bedtime soon, and I'm just jamming my foot in my mouth, ha

guyfromwork: We can talk another time

Takie: Yes i'm tired, I dont hold all the answers of the universe, and saying every random thought that pops into your mind doesnt make for very interesting conversation

guyfromwork: fuck

guyfromwork: ok sorry

Takie: It's okay

Edit: Ok added more of the log. Maybe that gives better idea, I dont wanna add more then that

Last edited: Jan 3, 2008
  2. Mr. Bungle

Mr. Bungle *lube'n up the shock paddles*

...kinda bitchy

3. fray

fray New Member

yeah, i'm not really sure what was going on there, but you come off kinda bitchy.

Probably would've been better to leave it at i'm tired and i'm leaving. You need to apologize and tell him you didn't mean it (or try to explain what you meant if you can do it graciously) and you were tired and crabby and just get work back to normal.

4. Viper

Viper OT Supporter

Yeah you moved straight past "bitch" into pure cunt with that one.

What did you mean by this:

5. Yuppy

Yuppy Have a seat right there....

lol great answer about random thoughts

6. ww_Crimson

ww_Crimson New Member

no idea whats going on here, but you were being a bitch.

7. HuskiRuski

HuskiRuski Cardinal Fan

wtf stupid thread.
    stupid bitch.

8. Takitome

Takitome New Member

Ok well I wanted to keep the log short, just to give a general idea. Maybe I should show some more to clear up.

But anyway It doesnt feel right appoligising to him cause I think he's over reacting. I wanted to tell him he was being annoying.

Bitchy huh..
    Well that's what he said.

I was tired of listening to him whining and not getting it

9. Takitome

Takitome New Member

Nah it's embarrassing.

10. fray

fray New Member

the point is did you ever tell him politely or through your actions that you didn't want to talk to him, or that he was talking to much, or did you jump straight to the insults?

You were on instant messenger, with him having no idea what you were doing or what you needed to be doing, I assume. You could've easily said you had to go and given no explanation. you knew this was someone you worked with. It's not like it's some random unknown. You have to see him daily, and maintain a pleasant relationship. You apologize because even if he overreacted, you have to work with him. If you want to keep your job and he's going to keep being there, just patch it up, and talk on instant messenger less.

edit: is this someone you were getting more personal/trying to start a relationship with outside of work?

edit2: wait, are you male? I'm confused.

11. Buttons

Buttons OT Supporter

I don't see how she's being bitchy. :dunno: I would have said the same thing. That guy's off in his own little world.

12. Two toys

Two toys New Member

but would you say it to someone you knowingly had to work with/interact with daily.

yeah we are both dickwads and you and i would have no problem saying that kinda shit to someone... but knowing that she had to deal with him further she probably could have been a little less harsh. she put herself into this shitty position.

13. Takitome

Takitome New Member

Yes I could have been nice, or should have. But he was talking more and more like this and it was getting annoying.
    I snapped at him, that's all

And no I'm a woman hes just a guy at work I used to talk to while at work. We'd go out together for cig breaks together but that's about it.

Edit: I guess i'll have to try to patch it up like you say

Last edited: Jan 3, 2008
  14. Buttons

Buttons OT Supporter

:rofl: You know I would say it to someone I work with. As for her yes she could have put it less harsh but he does seem to be taking it way too serious. He even asked if he was creeping her out then continued on. :dunno:

15. Takitome

Takitome New Member

Exactly, this is what I was thinking. Who the hell is he to want me to appologise

16. fray

fray New Member

well, obviously he's pussyhurt about it... but we're not really talking who's right and wrong. it's what makes work easier to deal with. he sounds like a whiny bitch to me, but that's all the more reason you shouldn't be shocked he's so sensitive about it!

17. Takitome

Takitome New Member

Heh thanks for some friendly support.
    Yes your right I'll try to say sorry to him in a casual way.. instead of making things difficult like this. Sometimes I just enjoy being difficult too much.

And yup definatly no more msn talking with him.

18. XaPU!M

XaPU!M Active Member

I don't know how old you and him are, but if he is under 20 I'm going to guess that he is just acting like this to create some sort of awkward drama between you and him. Because if he successfully creates the drama it means (to him) that he has a girl thinking about him (regardless of what you are thinking about him)

Don't apologize or even fall for this shit.

Look at the advice that is given out in the Vag very often: Stop giving the girl attention and she'll think something is up and will come seeking it. He stopped talking to you and is making work awkward and now you are considering initiating a conversation with him, to apologize for him being a little pissy bitch (instead of him trying to initiate conversations with you)

Oh, and although you didn't post the full conversation for some reason a lot of guys with 0 game think that bitching about their lack of game to girls will somehow get them the girl.

You weren't being a bitch in the conversation, he was being a pussy and is now trying to draw attention from you. Don't fall for it.

19. Takitome

Takitome New Member

Well I don't know, I think you are over estimating him. I doubt theres some kind of big brilliant scheme in what he's doing..

He's not that clever

20. KindlyCuddly

KindlyCuddly Irina Lazareanu

When someone asks if they're being creepy then they know they're being inappropriate and should have the sense to stop. Your snap at the end should have come as no surprise, seriously, don't apologize.

21. XaPU!M

XaPU!M Active Member

I don't think he hatched some sort of scheme, it's basic human instict/pyschology (can't think of the proper wording - I'm high as a kite from a cold currently). 16 year old boys do it constantly. And 16 year old boys aren't known for being the brightest bulbs in the box.

If he feels that there is drama between you he knows that he has a "relationship" (notice the "") with you. Sure it isn't the kind I'm sure he wants, but it beats you just being some girl he works with...

Little boy pushes a little girl in the mud and laughes about it, she cries and hates him and tells everyone about how much she hates him. We know as adults that he did it because he liked her, and he just wanted her attention... same kind of shit here.

22. Takitome

Takitome New Member

Well.. Okay

He's one year fresh out of auto mechanic study and I'm supposed to teach and look after him. That was awhile ago. So I do. He's not too bright, kind of like a bling bling guy. Lots of fancy shiny jewelry. Talks alot. I rarely got angry with him. Just if he's messing around or not doing what he's supposed to. Worked with him for like 4-5 months. I like working alone so I normally just check up on him now and then, smile and stuff. I talk about normal guy stuff with other guy workers there, like girls and what not. So hes not shy around me.
    He does ask alot of stupid or funny questions.

After I added him to msn he got more and more weird by the day.
    Maybe he's not trying to piss me off as much as trying to impress me or something.

hmmm.. I don't know. saying nothing is not going to make things better, I should say something like you say. If I can make it sound half as good as you said it I think I'm in the clear

23. Kinks

Kinks Sup. OT Supporter

It's pretty clear what's going on.

He has no understanding of women. They are a complete mystery. He asked all sorts of weird questions and information was shared that 2 people who work together should not be swapping. He doesn't understand why he was being creepy and annoying, so the rebuff damaged his confidence further.

There is no higher "game", he's not trying to create drama, he just has no idea how to behave.

Taki is quite justified in being short with him. He is being weird, and talking on MSN is clearly a bad idea. The dude needs to figure some things out, but I don't think Taki is the right one to be helping him with personal matters.

Taki, I would apologise for being short with him. Aquakitty got it spot on. You have to work with him so just patch things up even though he's the one who's being a pussy. Cut out the MSN side of things, and just be a good supervisor for him at work. He needs to learn his lessons from someone with a similar maturity level, you are way too advanced for him to deal with.

24. ledzep73

ledzep73 New Member

Heh, I think he sounds whiny and I fail to see how you come off as bitchy. It sounds like he is trying to get close to you really, and wants to play to your sensitive side. Oh, and I went and imagined you saying this to him and even though i don't know either of you he is immature for his own age and very silly, and your hot. I would have you in this fantasy world, and you would like it.

25. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

I'm confused. If he was getting creepy/annoying, why did you keep chatting with him??

You could have blocked him, or even just minimized the window and let him prattle on.

I don't get these types of topics when I see them...people complain about IM conversations...but by their very nature, they are the easiest form of communication to terminate.

Simply stop responding.

I do it all the time.