GUN Guy almost takes a richochet to the face (it's not the .50 one posted everywhere)

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by xpinchx, Sep 17, 2008.

1. xpinchx

xpinchx hes got a nice cock, on the thin side but its stil

Dunno if this is really new or not but it just hit the front page of digg. Guy is shooting at an embankment at a pretty close distance. You can see the ricochet hit the ground before it grazes his head and blows his at off. I'm scared :noes: why did that happen and how can I make sure it doesn't happen to me?

http://break.com/index/bullet-ricochet-almost-kills-shooter.html?matchid=

2. mattsb2000

mattsb2000 OT Supporter

Holy fuck

3. Finest

Finest OG #93

Holy wow! He got scalped!

4. LancerV

LancerV Something Happened OT Supporter

I would think shooting at upward angle or downward angle would help stop that from happening

5. A96HondaAccordCoupeEX

A96HondaAccordCoupeEX Silver Member

LOL oh shit! Must have hit a rock or some shit right behind the target. :noes:

Also, assuming that video is real. :o

And if it is real, I wonder if he's hit by the bullet, or maybe a rock or some shit. :noes:

Last edited: Sep 17, 2008
  6. PC Principle

PC Principle New Member

It looked staged to me.

7. s2k

s2k OT Supporter

wow, couldve taken an eye out

8. yar1182

yar1182 New Member

Definitely possible. There is one documented case (only fatality in ipsc) where a shooter shot a target, it bounced off a rock, shot out into the parking lot striking somebody else in the temple and killed him. Super freak accident.

This is why it is a bad idea to shoot rocks. They can defect stuff at very odd angles. I cannot tell you how many piles of rocks I've seen at the range where it is obvious that some knuckle heads who had no proper targets set up a stack of rocks to shoot at 20 feet. Stupid dangerous.

9. LancerV

LancerV Something Happened OT Supporter

10. pimpofthenation

pimpofthenation OT Supporter

11. Sloi

Sloi Back up in your ass with the resurrection

Two videos with the same kids, same range and different life threatening injuries? I call fucking shenanigans. (Saw this on Digg)

12. [DWI]

[DWI] Master of Nothing

Sucks if that is real, though it didn't look like he did anything wrong.

I've never known one to hit a person, but at the out door range here near tallahassee, if you go towards the end of the day and walk along the shooting line you can find at least a couple deformed lead cores, copper jackets w/o a lead core or just deformed bullet. The best explanation I have hear is that people like to shoot things on the ground (they normally set them on the concrete pads where the target stands are located) and firing at said TV, soda can ect, can result in a ricochet which hits the metal roof of the backstop (which is at an angle) and not the dirt pile which causes ricochet number two right back at the firing line.

it just goes to show, that your shouldn't goof around with guns.

13. A96HondaAccordCoupeEX

A96HondaAccordCoupeEX Silver Member

I've seen it happen with my own eyes at the range, with a .40. My roommate was shooting his dad's Glock. I think it was the 23 or mabye the 27.

Anyways, for some reason, he was shooting really high. Noob. Anyways, one of his shots hit the target hanging plate thingy. I was sitting down behind the lanes reloading when I saw the guy in the next lane jump back. I looked at him like wtf. I see him turn around and he's covering part of his upper mouth area. I see a little red spot and then start seeing a little bit of blood leaking out.

He got hit by a piece of shrapnel. My roommate got kicked out of the range. :rofl::Owned: AKA Jesus Shuttleworth

14. TwistedMind

TwistedMind New Member

I have been hit by a ricochet before. I was i dunno around 13 or so shooting this little .22 revolver of my dads. I had just watched some movie or another where (insert good guy) shoots a rope in half with a gun. So i grabbed a rope nailed it to a tree with a weight on the end and proceeded to shoot the shit out of it trying to cut it in half. I guess what happened was one of the rounds hit the weight and came flying back at me and hit me square in the collar bone. Scared the shit out of me and taught me a very healthy respect for ricochetts.

Anyways it didn't cut me or anything like that just scared the shit out of me and gave me a bruise.

15. AustinL911

AustinL911 Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator

I've been hit by a fragment of lead at the indoor 25yd. pistol range. It just smacked me on the shoulder. Didn't hurt.

16. acoop101

acoop101 New Member

WoW some people just don't get it, All that energy needs to go some where, if not in to the ground then where is it going to go?

17. 90free400e

90free400e New Member

18. Sloi

Sloi Back up in your ass with the resurrection

Tinnitus

19. BigBadJohn

BigBadJohn Pay-back time OT Supporter

LOL. My supervisor caught a ricochet in the forehead from his step sons mini 14.
    They were wanting to put some holes in a burn barrel of theirs so they got out the mini 14. They start shooting at it from like 50 feet away. Doesnt make any holes. So they get closer and shoot it a few more times. Leaves one hole. They get even closer. Like 10 feet away and put a few holes in it. Well, one of the bullets must have hit the back of the barrel and came back out because my supervisor got whacked in the head by a bullet. They say he wouldnt take his hands off his head because there was a hole there or something.
    I work with both of them :bowrofl:

20. crazynova

crazynova OT Supporter

The area my brother and I shoot is an area that has been washed out and is like talcom power. It acts as a very good backstop.