GUN Gunsmith question

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by RyeLou, Jul 21, 2007.

1. RyeLou

RyeLou OT Supporter

What's the best way to find a good gunsmith? I'm not looking for anything crazy (I don't think) Some trigger/hammer work on a CZ pistol. Do I just call the local hunting store and ask them or do I ask around and look for someone less generic? I've never had anything done to any of my guns by a gunsmith, so I'm not sure how much research is necessary to find someone to do the job.

2. RyeLou

RyeLou OT Supporter

They're big on a dude named Angus or something. Shoots in the IPSC I guess with a version of the gun I have. He has a web store on his website: http://www.ghostholster.com/catalog/

Seems decent, but I hear he's a pain to get a hold of to get work done. I did find a local place most of the gun shops suggested called D&D Gunsmiths. I'll give them a call Monday and feel them out.

Roughly how much should I expect to pay for something like getting some trigger/hammer work done?

3. SnakeEater

SnakeEater OT Supporter

since you`re from MI,i would go over to ar15.com and ask in the hometown area.i`m sure the other fellaws would point you in the right direction

4. RyeLou

RyeLou OT Supporter

I sent an email to the Angus guy I mentioned. If that doesn't work out I'll probably try D&D here in town. I'd imagine having good work done on a CZ shouldn't be too hard to find...it seems fairly basic that any qualified gunsmith could do.