GUN Guns.... why?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Gullanian, Oct 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gullanian

Gullanian Guest

Dont give me any bullshit about your constitution, that obviously has nothing to do with it, and you know it.

So why do you guys want guns.

I see no practical reason for wanting to keep them unless you are a farmer.

2. Mikel

Mikel .

Because I live in one of the highest crime cities in the country.

3. DRM600

DRM600 Guest

i use them for recreational purposes (i.e. shooting range, plinking)

and why would only farmers need a gun?

4. Possum Stomper

Possum Stomper The Great Bird of the Galaxy

because its fun and we can?

that is one reason

5. Furner

Furner New Member

Because I need them, and its my constitutional right.
    Its my recreation, and a hobby. Plus, its a good investment, my guns I have now will someday be passed onto my children, and will accumulate a high resale value. Also, if anyone tries to steal my TV, im covered.

Stocks and bonds, or guns??? I pick guns.

EDIT: Gullanian, you are a troll, I suggest you leave the Arsenal before you piss people off.

6. spooney

spooney WTF Sony?

1. Hunting
    2. Protection
    3. Fun
    4. Heritage
    5. Sound investment.

7. Joe_Cool

Joe_Cool Never trust a woman or a government. Moderator

ban

Not really. Our Constitution protects your right to say stupid things, just like it protects my right to keep and bear arms. Great thing, that Constitution, isn't it?

8. taco

taco Guest

1. Because the bill of rights says I can have a gun

2. Because I hunt

3. Because I like guns

4. Because the police can't protect everyone

5. Because guns in the hands of the citizens is a strong deterent to foreign invasion and corrupt government.

6. Because they are fun to shoot and shooting is a hobby just like bowling or lawn darts.

I am really getting sick of people coming into the arsenal and asking why we need guns or saying that we shouldn't have guns.

Look people, you cannot keep the guns out of the hands of criminals. A criminal does not care a bit about any law you make hence why they are criminals. There is no legal source of drugs in this country and they are as easy to get as cigarettes and beer. If they can smuggle drugs in they can smuggle guns. If guns are outlawed only the outlaws will have guns.

9. Joe_Cool

Does anybody else think these guys never read the old threads? I'm getting pretty tired of rehashing the same old arguments over and over.

Gullanian, do yourself and us a favor, and at least skim over the past arguments, then come back to this thread. There are 3 just from the past week, all on the first page of the Arsenal. Then if you have something new to add that hasn't been covered 10 times, post here again.

10. Gullanian

Gullanian Guest

Come on guys, you cant simply say that you can have a gun because the bill of right says so, thats pathetic. I dont want to anger anyone but that is ultimatly a pathetic reason to own one.

Secondly, owning a gun for protection simply adds to the problem.

Bottom line is, and I defy anyone who disagress is that you shouldnt own a gun because:

- Its your right
    - You can
    - For protection

Now, lets look at the figures. 5,000 people in the US alone die from accidents in gun crimes. If you got rid of guns, then you guys would be saving 5,000 peoples lives. I also defy anyone that would vote for the right to own guns when presented with these figures. You might be responsible, but others arent. Ban them all.

Guns for fun? Ok, so they might be fun. But, is the fun of all the americans worth 5,000 lives a year? No. No no no.

You cant also tell me using guns for protection is why you have them. Your all showing off about your arsenals. Thats not why you have them then obviously. Plus, if guns make your house safe, why do so many peopel die in the US each year? Its your strong gun culture influencing you and pushing you.

Im a pacifist, so I applogise for my views if the strongly contradict some people here. I dont think im going to get possitive feedback at all seeming as im posting in a guns forum.

Guns arent cool. Botom line. Stop showing off.

11. Gullanian

Gullanian Guest

Just want to quote taco:

---------------------
    6. Because they are fun to shoot and shooting is a hobby just like bowling or lawn darts.
    ---------------------

No. Guns arent a hobby like bowling or lawn darts. Guns are meant to kill. You cant disgaree, its a fact. Guns are designed to kill.

---------------------
    I am really getting sick of people coming into the arsenal and asking why we need guns or saying that we shouldn't have guns.
    ---------------------

Well maybe its for a reason, you shouldnt be getting sick of us, you should be listening. Wake up taco, they world would be a better place without guns, full stop, and you all know it, you do all know it but stubbornly stick to your arguments.

---------------------
    Look people, you cannot keep the guns out of the hands of criminals. A criminal does not care a bit about any law you make hence why they are criminals. There is no legal source of drugs in this country and they are as easy to get as cigarettes and beer. If they can smuggle drugs in they can smuggle guns. If guns are outlawed only the outlaws will have guns.
    ---------------------

Im in the UK. Guns are banned. Guns are illegal. I dont live in fear of guns, ever. Banning guns in the US would have the same effect.

12. Joe_Cool

First, I'd like to know where you got your information from. I'd like to see a citation for that number. Because my stats (from the CDC National Vital Statistics report) say that in 1999 there were only 866 deaths by firearm accident in the US.

In the same year, 42,319 accidental deaths were caused by motor vehicle and traffic accidents. Is fast and easy transportation worth 42,000 lives a year?

BAN CARS NOW!!!

Bullshit. You can't have something for a practical reason, but still be pleased with what you have? So if you ever show off your car, that means you have it to show off and to kill people, not for transportation? Good call. :ugh2:

Gotta dash out the door now, but I'll be back to answer this later.

Neither is ignorance. Stop showing off yours.

13. taco

taco Guest

Now looky here gullanian,

The right to own guns was won from those sissy british by a bunch of citizens gun owners that stood up and won their freedom. Upon winning this freedom they put it in their constitution that citizens have the right to own guns. Now that is the way it is here, I'm glad you don't live in fear of guns good for you. Guess what I don't live in fear of guns either.

14. DRM600

DRM600 Guest

15. Gullanian

Gullanian Guest

Ah ok guys, so cars kill more people than guns. Difference is guns are designed to kill. Fact. Anyone in possesion of a gun owns a gun because they want to kill. Full stop.

16. DRM600

DRM600 Guest

that's like saying all black people can dance. i'm certain that 99.9% of gun owners don't own guns because they want to kill (assuming you meant another human being.)

you = dumbass

that's all.

p.s. this sounds like you're doing research for a homework assignment and you're in middle school. do your own fucking homework.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2003
  17. Welsh0913

Welsh0913 OT Supporter

Most ignorant comment EVER.

18. OPM Inc.

OPM Inc. OT Supporter

Jesus Christ, where did this clown come from? :weak: Not even worth trying with this lost soul. Hey is this really Gray Davis? You have to occupy your time somehow. :) Why dont you go to the border with bustamante and help your illegals cross the border. :madfawk:

19. Gullanian

Gullanian Guest

I figured I wouldnt get any intelligent response from any bog standard American gun owners. Adios you gun owners, you make me proud to live in this world.

20. itchiban

itchiban Guest

You make me sad for your children. be gone troll.

21. Joe_Cool

That really is one of the stupidest things I've ever heard. I'm done playing with you.

22. spyder007

spyder007 Bаnned bу Ѕuреr Μоdеrаtоrs

makes my job easier

23. Furner

Furner New Member

[​IMG]

be gone troll

24. Mikel

Mikel .

Yep, and the crime rate has risen steadily every year. Within five years London's crime rate per capita will surpass most major US cities. Outlawing guns doesn't work. People that break the law could give a fuck less if a gun is illegal, and no criminal is going to go turn his gun in.

Guns are the best form of personal protection. Practically all criminals have guns, I want the playing field to be level.

25. kellyclan

kellyclan She only loves you when she's drunk.

i sort of feel conflicted about this, as there are some simple and intelligent responses to this guy's trolling.

Thanks for not taking the bait, guys. :wiggle:

This thread will be gone in a day or two.

Gullanian, if you'd like to have a serious discussion about this topic, you can join in The Humungus' thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.