GUN Guns get use against you more than they help the person holding them.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Navvik, Aug 25, 2009.

1. Navvik

Navvik Active Member

to which i replied... :ugh:. And asked for some documented proof. Then i asked said anti what happens in a bar room brawl. The scene in which he described was right out of a movie. Roadhouse to be specific. Then i just laughed and walked away telling him that when he cares to cite specific examples of documentation to back up his dumb-tarded "facts" i'd continue the conversation with him. Sad part is he's a friend of mine. why do my friends suck?

2. GearHead

GearHead Active Member

A lot of my friends are stupid as well, but they're college kids in the Bay Area....so being so liberal their basic motor skills suffer is kinda expected.

3. P-chan

P-chan New Member

I've been in that spot before. I've just said "Look. You're my friend and I don't want to have this discussion until you're actually informed with facts rather than opinions and emotions. If you really want to continue this discussion, I'll be glad to sit down with you near a computer and we can look up some facts together, you might be surprised."

I've had to say something like this on more than one occasion, and I've never had anyone take me up on the offer to continue the discussion. :o

4. spankaveli

spankaveli OT Supporter

I'm glad I'm not friends with any libtards. :o

5. Aero277

Aero277 OT Supporter

Anti's are pretty stupid....my g/f works at a news station in a really liberal, anti-gun town and she and her director got into a gun debate somehow.

According to him, there's no need to own a gun in a town of 120,000 because in his hometown of buttfuck Kirksville, there used to be crazy people who fed others to cows. She cited some high-publicity violent crimes they had recently covered regarding the main campus and downtown area, to which he replied about how he lived in a shady/ghetto area of Columbia and has witnessed a driveby in his neighborhood and had blood in front of his house and that "You just need to get used to it" and that his "shaved head and tattoos should be enough to scare people off" (doesn't change the fact he's scrawny):ugh2:

:rofl: He also told her that people who carry guns aren't nearly as alert or aware as somebody who doesn't have a means of defense because gun carriers are overconfident, and some other crap.

Did I mention he's a vegetarian? :mamoru: (no offense to wmd vegan crew?)

6. kellyclan

kellyclan She only loves you when she's drunk.

"Let's try it. You try to take my gun away from me and shoot me with it..."

7. Crossett

Crossett New Member

I've heard that the study that came to that conclusion in the 80's included suicide in their statistics, which was what made the numbers look so shocking.

No idea if that's true or not though.

8. phoenixTX

phoenixTX New Member

Hondo: How can I trust a man that won't eat a good old fashioned American hot dog?
    Street: But, he's a vegetarian :mamoru:

9. Cannondale

Cannondale OT Supporter

None of my friends are anti-gun. The people I knew that were ended up being morons and I was better off not hanging out with them.

10. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

:rofl:

11. Navvik

Navvik Active Member

Performed the marker experience with him just a sec ago. take the marker before i shoot you with it. He responds with its more like a knife than a gun. then i said " so... you'd fight some guy with a knife with your hands rather than use a gun? look i just killed you, oop, killed you again, oop killed you some more, and this time i'm raping your wife. " then i said your turn. And i drew my marker and "fired" before he touched me with the knife. Not a really good example of why... but at least he shut the fuck up.

12. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

Time to step it up and involve some pain for negative reinforcement, bb gun time.

13. Navvik

Navvik Active Member

dude, he's old enough to be my.... teenage father? he's almost twice my age.

14. The Lox

The Lox New Member

My best one so far was when this quasi lesbo my friend is married to asked me why I needed an automatic rifle (she heard I had a AR-15)...I just laughed and said its one pull one fire, just like your daddies hunting rifles...

SHe just goes, oh, well I am ok with it then...

15. LancerV

LancerV Something Happened OT Supporter

Ive learned people are dumb as hell, bitch at my work couldnt multiply 48x2 without a calculator and when she got it wrong she said she added 48+48 and thats how she got her answer

16. wickedgun

wickedgun New Member

when bad guys take my gun from me, i pull out my other one.

17. twistid

twistid Banged By Super Models Moderator

depends on if the one pulling the gun, is willing to use it...

Fight involving guns leads to arrest

Monday, August 24, 2009 2:33 PM CDT
    A 26-year-old man who drew a handgun during a fight in the 1300 block of West Kansas Avenue early Sunday is in the Cowley County Jail today, police said.

Dustin Neubecker, 26, of Arkansas City, was arrested on two counts of aggravated assault and is being held on $6,000 bond, Arkansas City Police Chief Sean Wallace said in a telephone interview this morning.

Neubecker and another man, whom police did not identify, were taken to South Central Kansas Regional Medical Center, where they were treated for injuries in the fight and released.

The two men showed up at the West Kansas Avenue location "looking for a fight," witnesses told police. Neubecker pulled a gun and pointed it at a man and a woman who were among a group of four males and three females.

Neubecker was disarmed in the fight by several of the males in the group, Wallace said. Though some in the group were Hispanic and the two men who showed up at the scene were white, the fight does not appear to be racially motivated, Wallace said.

"The investigation revealed that Neubecker had pulled a handgun and pointed the gun at one of the male victims and one of the female victims," Wallace said in an e-mailed press release. "The man with Neubecker revealed a gun in his waistband."

Wallace said in the press release that the individuals Neubecker pulled the gun on then took the guns from him and the man with him. "They struck them with the guns in what they contend was self-defense," he said.

Wallace said he would not discuss the motive for the fight, but those details would go to the county attorney and the courts.

Cowley County Attorney Chris Smith said this morning he had not yet seen any paperwork on the incident. Others involved in the fight could be subject to battery charges as the investigation into the fight continues, the release states.

18. Navvik

Navvik Active Member

i'm... math retarded :wtc: i cant multiply or divide without a calculator either.

19. apman0000

apman0000 OT Supporter

this is why i don't associate with anti gun liberal pricks any more than i absolutely have too.

i don't care if they choose not to own a gun, so as far as i'm concerned they owe gun owners the same respect.

and if an attacker takes my gun away and kills me with it then good for him, he deserved to win

20. AVengeance

AVengeance Active Member

Just shoot him. Then you'll prove him wrong when you say "see, you didn't use my own gun against me."

21. 4W4K3

4W4K3 New Member

I think the majority of people who are overpowered and lose control of their gun are the ones who carry it, never train with it, and hesitate when they need to REACT with it.

I imagine, people who pull out their gun somewhat like this;

[​IMG]

Rather than this...

[​IMG]

Not trying to start a stance debate either, I think my point is obvious enough.

22. JRMS

JRMS Failing at life

Truth.
    I read the stats breakdown in an old science magazine (Discover? Popular Science maybe?) several years ago. I wish I would've kept the article, but the rag belonged to someone at work.

IIRC suicides made up over 50% of gun related deaths. There's you "more likely" argument right there.