GUN Guns at theme parks

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Jon91SE, Aug 13, 2006.

1. Jon91SE

Jon91SE OT Supporter

Disney universal etc....

yay or nay? :x:

2. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I think they have a signs saying no firearms.

3. 7

7 First comes smiles, then lies. Last is gunfire.

you're seriously asking this question? :hsugh:

4. mvizos

mvizos New Member

there was a thread about it over on thehighroad or thefiringline. Some people saying they got in no problem, some with letters from disney saying firearms aren't allowed.

edit: I think it was one of those two, but can't find it right now. I wasn't really searching for it, though.

5. Jon91SE

Jon91SE OT Supporter

theriously

6. Dranian

Dranian (..)

currently they can ask you to leave their property if they don't like you carrying...there was a bill before the florida legislature trying to change things so that you could carry regardless of whether or not the business wants you to. i dunno what happened to it though.

7. jtl090179

jtl090179 Oh I get it, yeah. He's the girl, then you're the OT Supporter

for some reason im thinking that firearms anywhere theres a huge crowd of young kids is a bad idea

8. 7

7 First comes smiles, then lies. Last is gunfire.

gotta be strapped incase Mickey decides to step up

9. footratfunkface

footratfunkface New Member

Why? Do you feel that you are unable to contain yourself in a crowd of kids, and will somehow end up shooting one or more of them?

Honestly, what sort of fucked up emotional argument could you have to back up your statement?

10. Gimik

Gimik New Member

That makes absolutely no sense. Guns don't go off randomely because children are around.

11. lotsofhp

lotsofhp New Member

No, but sick asses can kill thousands of people really quick if the guns are let in.

I am an avid hunter and shooter, but come on guys. Why would you need your gun at Disney Land?

12. A96HondaAccordCoupeEX

A96HondaAccordCoupeEX Silver Member

But if other people there were able to carry theirs, they made be able to stop the sick ass killer sooner. :mamoru:

13. lotsofhp

lotsofhp New Member

14. Vermincelli

Vermincelli Banned

Why would you need one in McDonalds? Why would you need one in a supermarket? Why would you need one in a park? Why would you need one in a movie theater? Why would you need one in a car dealership?

Why? Because in each of those places some wacko has pulled out a gun and started shooting people. It just so happens that in each of those places someone with a CCW has also used their pistol to stop a shooting spree.

You aren't a psychic so you have absolutely no clue when someone's going to start shooting or when two gang bangers run into each other and a shooting war starts out. So until the day comes that you CAN see the future, wouldn't you rather have a tool within reach to help you SHOULD a situation occur?

Last edited: Aug 14, 2006
  15. thedude11

thedude11 New Member

It's a stupid rule, I think, but no guns allowed in any theme park under any circumstances. It's one of the no-carry zones along with courts, hospitals, secured parts of airports, etc...

16. lotsofhp

lotsofhp New Member

So if you owned Disney Land, you would let people bring their guns with them?

If no one in the park can have guns then the wacko shouldn't have his either. I guess im all for having a gun in public where you can't controll if other people have them or not, but as long as you are in a place where NOBODY has one, then it shouldn't be a big deal not to have your gun on you.

17. Aequitas

Aequitas If it keeps on raining, levee's going to break.

If the guy is planning on shooting people I don't think he's too concerned with breaking a theme parks rules. I got into an argument similar to this with a cop friend. We were discussing carrying in a bank and I was explaining to him how that would be one of the best places for carrying to be allowed. In the end, he saw the light.

18. Vermincelli

Vermincelli Banned

Do you seriously think someone that has the intention of using a gun for a crime is going to just suddenly stop in his tracks at the sign at the front gate saying "no guns allowed"? Considering the track record of CCW owners using their guns for violence and crime, I would have no problems with them carrying in my park. It's not the legal carrying people that are the problem, it's the criminals and the nutjobs that don't give a rat's ass about laws or signs that are the problem because they aren't going to think twice about breaking the law or ignoring the sign.

It's quite hilarious yet quite sad that people like yourself actually think that a sign or laws will prevent bad people from carrying a gun. Sorry but it just boggles my mind at the utter stupidity of that mindset, and I apologize now if you don't actually believe that, but your post seems that way.

19. Accord

Accord New Member

It doesn't matter what signs they have or what their company policy is, they hold NO legal bearing whatsoever in the state of Florida and you are free to carry in any theme park (Disney, Universal, Busch Gardens, etc.).

Don't ask don't tell. If they find out you have a firearm, which will NEVER happen, the most they can do is ask you to leave and return the firearm to your car, nothing more. There are no metal detecors or anything of the sort, in a few parks there are lines where they search your bags, so as long as you're carrying on your person and not in one of those fanny pack holsters or purse holsters, you're good to go.

20. Accord

Accord New Member

Not true at all.

21. Accord

Accord New Member

I'm sorry, but you're an idiot.

22. Accord

Accord New Member

1) No.

2) What about the hotels? Since when are you not allowed to carry concealed in a hotel?

3) No. The most extensive search you'll receive is having them look through your wife's purse when entering one of the theme parks, and more often than not they won't even look.

23. lobstradomus

lobstradomus New Member

I think he was speaking in regards to criminals, there is nothing to stop them from carrying other than a sign. If there were metal detectors that would help to stop someone from going on a rampage, but you would have to search everyone coming in, and everything they have.

24. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

:werd: If I lived down there I would carry.

25. UrbanKnight

UrbanKnight Good, Bad, I'm the guy with the gun

They do not have any signs posted at any of the major 3 (Disney, Universal, Sea world( in case Shamu goes Jaws on ya))

I have carried at all three. The only thing they look at is bags/backpacks etc. I have walked right past them every time I went, with my knife in my pocket.

UK