GUN Gunmen Open Fire on Illegal Immigrants

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by TL1000RSquid, Feb 8, 2007.

1. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Gunmen Open Fire on Illegal Immigrants
    Three Men Are Killed And Several Are Taken Hostage
    By ARTHUR H. ROTSTEIN
    AP
    TUCSON, Ariz. (Feb. 8) - Gunmen stopped a pickup truck full of illegal immigrants, shot several and took the rest captive Thursday in an attack that left at least three men dead and two people wounded, authorities said.

Gangs of bandits are known to roam border areas preying on illegal immigrants as they cross into the country.
    Authorities were trying to determine who the gunmen were.

The men shot three people, one fatally, along a known smuggling corridor near Tucson, then forced the six or seven other immigrants in the group to leave with them, Pima County sheriff's officials said.

The bodies of two of those immigrants were found a few miles north in the cab of the pickup truck that had been carrying the group. The other four or five immigrants had not been found by midday Thursday.

Investigators did not immediately know a motive for the attack, but gangs of bandits are known to roam border areas preying on illegal immigrants as they cross into the country. Feuding among smuggling organizations also is not uncommon, sometimes involving demands for ransoms from the immigrants relatives to gain their freedom.

Thursday morning's attack occurred on a dirt road near the Silverbell Mine, about 20 miles northwest of Tucson, said Rick Kastigar, the Pima County sheriff's criminal investigations chief.

Kastigar said the immigrants were heading north when four men armed with assault rifles in another vehicle forced the truck to stop. During a confrontation, one man was killed, another was shot in the hand - losing several fingers - and a woman was shot in the neck, Kastigar said.

Sheriff's Sgt. James Ogden said the two wounded immigrants were taken to a hospital with "very, very serious injuries."

Two more men who were not injured were taken into custody as witnesses and were questioned by investigators, Ogden said.

Kastigar said the confrontation followed another incident about 12 hours earlier more than 70 miles south, near the border at Sasabe, in which 18 illegal immigrants were robbed at gunpoint by four heavily armed men wearing ski masks.

Copyright 2007 The Associated Press. The information contained in the AP news report may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or otherwise distributed without the prior written authority of The Associated Press. All active hyperlinks have been inserted by AOL.
    2007-02-08 15:25:00

2. gyeagle1

gyeagle1 New Member

You cant prove i was anywhere near there:x:

Then again i cant prove i wasnt there either :noes:

3. t1h

t1h Guest

i wish we could find out what "assault rifles" they were using. prolly a ruger 10/22 :bowrofl:

4. itchiban

itchiban New Member

AK's were the first thing that came to my mind. But knowing the media, they were probably Hi-Point carbines or single shot break open .410's.

5. Aequitas

Aequitas If it keeps on raining, levee's going to break.

I feel no sympathy. If you're partaking in illegal activity you should expect to have a higher chance at victimization.

6. SlowTA367

SlowTA367 New Member

Is it bad that I see nothing wrong with this?

7. DaJMan

DaJMan When i was young, i dreamed of being a baseball

the only problem is, it should of happened on the mexico side, so no money or hospital time is wasted on the illegal immigrants

8. jeepilot

jeepilot Banned

I see absolutely nothing wrong with this, other than the robbing of the immigrants, don't rob them, then you're just as good as them. Instead shoot them for invading our country, and be a patriot.

9. it's an act of war illegal immigration. We should be doing the same in australia, shooting and sinking them in the northern waters and stealing their treasure.

10. mattsb2000

mattsb2000 OT Supporter

I like this forum. :coold:

I used to click on it looking for the ap forum. Now I like it alot.

11. Aequitas

Own any firearms yet?

12. mattsb2000

mattsb2000 OT Supporter

Nope. And I probably never will.

A co worker brought his Kimber 1911 to work with him to show me. I really like it.

I'd like to own a 1911 that was issued to someone in the military though. I don't really want to shoot it or anything.

13. JaimeZX

JaimeZX Formerly of :Sep 2001: fame - Also: Sprout Crew OT Supporter

You can find those around but they're not necessarily easy to come by. forum.m1911.org has a For Sale and a wanted forum you could browst. :)

14. krott5333

krott5333 Guest

:rofl:

because we advocate the shooting of illegal messicans?

15. jeepilot

jeepilot Banned

You're missing out on a truly great and fun pastime. Recreational shooting has to be one of the more challenging and fun personal sports and pastimes. Go to a local range and tell them you'd like to get into shooting, i'm sure they'll be more than happy to introduce you.

16. darkjedi

darkjedi Muay Thai expert

So people who live in poverty, dont have internet, clothing, jobs, food, cant afford shit, want to have a better life for themselves and families and decide to risk crossing the border and they get shot at and killed?

what if terrorists unleash nuclear terror on the USA and everything is riot poverty and civil war stricken and your family and children had to cross the border to canada and mexico for a better life and that shit happens to you?

17. Thunderbear

Thunderbear Yggdrasil's Forester.

I'm sorry, when was the nuclear bomb dropped on Mexico again? I must have missed that.

18. Aequitas

Just like the guy that can't afford internet, lives in poverty, can't afford clothes, can't get a job, and just wants to have a better life but his method is to invade your house and steal all your stuff right? He's just misguided and trying to get ahead right?

If you're in the middle of breaking the law you should expect bad shit to happen.

19. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

My money's on it being drug related of course. Everyone seems to focus on the illegal immigrants side of the story, which I guess is the media point, but I don't think its much more relevant to what transpired than their birthdays.

20. t1h

t1h Guest

worst analogy ever. mexicans aren't entering this country illegaly because of terrorism at home in mexico.

21. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Drug related possibly, illegal on illegal? That I would put money on.

Just shooting the illegals americans are to lazy to :mamoru:

22. Furner

Furner New Member

this teaches an important lesson. dont leave any survivors. now these "bandits" have placed a burdon on our economy by causing taxpayers to pay for medical treatment for those who survived.
    two in the chest one in the head.

23. JaimeZX

JaimeZX Formerly of :Sep 2001: fame - Also: Sprout Crew OT Supporter

:uh:
    On the surface this appears to be cold-blooded murder. The (il)legality of crossing the border notwithstanding, none of us should be condoning or applauding the violent deaths of unarmed civilians. :ugh:

It certainly could be that the truth is significantly different than the appearance, however all we have to go on right now is what's been reported.
    Frankly I'd like to see a significantly larger presence of Border Patrol with expanded powers to detain illegals and engage "hostiles." I'd also like to see increased (and targeted) financial aid to Mexico; if we can help them improve their economy and reduce corruption hopefully we'll see a reduction in crossing attempts. :x:

24. Vermincelli

Vermincelli Banned

If the government had stepped in and actually done something about the immigration problem decades ago or even today, then yes, I would be neither condoning or applauding. Since no one has done a damn thing though and the numbers of illegals here now is over 20 million with close to 4 million a year sneaking in, I see it for what it really is now, an invasion by a neighboring country with the actual support by our own government.

Mexico pushes for illegals to come here, refuses to do anything on their side of the border, supports the groups that are behind the taking back of our southwest states, refuses to do anything about deporting criminals back here, etc. So when someone dies sneaking across, to me that's nothing more than the death of a foreign invader now. If they want my sympathy and support, then go through the legal process and come here with the intention of becoming a US citizen. If not, then they are nothing more than infiltrators.

25. redna

redna New Member

I see no problems here...