GUN Gunbroker ad opinion?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Paintballny, Jan 16, 2010.

1. Paintballny

Paintballny New Member

So I was browsing gunbroker for a preban colt AR15 and came across this sporter. I was originally only looking for a lower but I am thinking buying a complete rifle might be worth the extra $$. My stipulations are: fenced lower, 16" barrel, Colt or Olympic Arms. I would like a flat top upper but that seems almost impossible to find.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=153406426

I figure I can buy this and have a good baseline preban Colt AR then once I know what I like/dislike I can build a super evil upper and toss it on there keeping the original parts just incase I ever want to go back to stock/sell it.

Ideas?

2. HorseDick

HorseDick Active Member

3. Paintballny

Paintballny New Member

I'm in a ban state. Colt and Olympic arms are the two brands that pretty much only sold complete rifles (apparently for them to be legal the lowers had to leave the factory mated to an upper). I want a preban gun (or lower) so I can build it anyway I want (adjustable stock and all the other evil features). Prebans also hold their value in ban states so even if I decide to go an entirely different route I won't lose my ass on the rifle if I decide to sell it.