GUN Gun shows suck for AR/AK selection.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Westside, Sep 19, 2004.

1. Westside

Westside New Member

Went to the "usual" gun show that happens every other month, and I wasn't impressed. Most of the people there either didn't know about the ban being lifted, or just didn't care, because the prices were outrageous. The AR's were definitely outnumbering the AK's by a 3:1 ratio, respectively. We found a grenade launcher, the only one at the show, but it was fake :ugh:

I *almost* bought an XD-9 subcompact tactical... it felt so right in my palm. They wanted 380 + tax. I decided against it, since I'd rather have an AR before an XD.

Are your gun shows like this? :rant2:

Edit- Not the "tactical," but the XD-9 subcompact .40 with the green grip and black slide.

2. Ford4Life

Ford4Life Guest

Pretty much. The local shows are filled with old farts trying to sell their junk for sky high prices. Half of them don't like those "modern" guns, you know, the new fangled semi-auto's. The tables that aren't filled with beaten guns are filled with beef jerky and other useless shit.

There are maybe 3 descent shows around here a year.

3. Furner

Furner New Member

was it an XD-9, or a XD-40? XD-9 is 9mm, and XD-40 is .40.....Id learn up on your XDs before you start shopping for one.

4. Joe_Cool

Joe_Cool Never trust a woman or a government. Moderator

Ours aren't that bad. They're made up almost completely of gun shops using it as an extra storefront.

I go out of my way to patronize private sellers.

5. Westside

Westside New Member

Mixed up, again. The 40, of course. But thanks :fawk:

6. GlocksRock

GlocksRock Glock > You

The gun show near me always has a lot of AR selection, but the AK selection ins't that great. But I did get an SAR-1 at the gunshow, but now I'm trying to sell it so that I can buy an AR since the ban has been lifted.

7. ShackleMeNot

ShackleMeNot MINDSET

Keep the AK and buy an AR too. If you sell it you will regret it.

8. GlocksRock

GlocksRock Glock > You

nah, I can always get another, especially since the AWB expired, I could get an underfolder, or something else. Besides, the AK jams sometimes, and I don't like the feel of it, I would end up shooting my SKS more than my AK anyway.