GUN Gun Show

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by ASUMatte0, Aug 30, 2002.

1. ASUMatte0

ASUMatte0 Guest

i am gonna be going to a gun show on my 21st bday....any tips on what i should try to aviod, what to expect? are all the guns usually used? how can i tell? any help would be great thanks :bigthumb:

2. Argyle

Argyle Guest

they are pretty cool. Its sorta like a flea market where everyone just sets up tables and places their merchandise on it for everyone to look at. The ones i've been to, they are pretty cool about letting people touch the guns and get a feel and stuff but recently there was a shooting at a gun show so they might have changed things. at some tables, they wont let you touch their stuff but most of the time, you can hold it up and get a feel for the weapon.

there is alot of security too. since its pretty much a free-to-look enviroment, they keep alot of cops around the place to keep the people from stealing and such. its pretty fun though. it can get crowded and dirty so try not to wear something super nice.

3. ASUMatte0

ASUMatte0 Guest

do u have to be 21 to go?

4. el gayvo

el gayvo Active Member

no

5. 1200mk

1200mk Still same OG

so i could just walk into a gun show and buy a semi m16? if i live in cali?

6. el gayvo

el gayvo Active Member

no because they are illegal... you can walk in and buy a legal gun, and take it home without the background check if you want.

7. 1200mk

1200mk Still same OG

whats a legal m16 type gun? and so your saying if i went to a gun show i could just pick up a handgun with no questions ask or trace? wouldnt that just be like buying a gun off the street?

8. el gayvo

el gayvo Active Member

depends what state your in... looks like your in cali? don't count on any m16 type weapon to being legal. And I'm pretty sure you can walk in and buy a handgun, no questions asked. I know with rifles, that's the case... so I'm assuming it's the same with handguns.

9. kellyclan

kellyclan She only loves you when she's drunk.

In CT, you have to have a valid permit to carry to get a handgun transfered to you at a gunshow. The seller calls an 800 number and gets a transfer number from the state police, which goes on the transfer form. Copies of the transfer form are then kept by the buyer, the seller, and one is sent by the seller to the state police. You don't need to go through all that for rifles and shotguns as long as you're a CT resident but most sellers will anyway.

So no, you can't just walk out with a gun in Connecticut.

10. aftershock

aftershock Guest

when buying pistols, u need a background check here in AL. i believe they even did a background check on my dad when i was in FL and bought an SKS

11. nordaim

nordaim Guest

All firearms in PA require an "Insta-Check" which is normally a $5 fee, takes about 10 minutes, mostly to make sure you are legally allowed to own a gun. Also, regardless of who you are, the gunbroker is legally required to check you.