GUN Gun show this weekend, thinking about selling my GSG-5PK

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by P-chan, May 15, 2009.

1. P-chan

P-chan New Member

Anyway, thinking about taking my GSG-5PK in there and selling/trading it for a "normal" .22 rifle or handgun.

The PK variant is somewhere in between, not a rifle, yet not a handgun, and it kinda bugs me :o

I was thinking about SBRing it, but it would be just as fun with the long barrel, IMO. It's not even a gun that I would want to run a can on, because it doesn't feed subsonic ammo reliably.

Anyway, I have the GSG-5PK with about 500 rounds through it, (3) 22-rnd mags, a 10 round mag, the case, trigger lock, cleaning brush, etc.

The 22rnd mags were ~$40 each. I'm thinking about asking $680 and taking no less than $630.

If I sell it, so be it, if not, oh well. It's a fun gun, but I think I would get more use out of a mosquito or a P22 or a MkIII, or a 10/22. Thoughts?

Plus, there's always the fact that I bought the GSG-5 from a "dealer" that didn't do any type of NICS check or paperwork when I bought it from him at a gun show. I put dealer in quotes because although he was sitting at a dealer booth, I have to assume the GSG was in his "private" collection. :o :o

I'd rather not have to guess about that and just get rid of it. :o

2. Keesh

Keesh New Member

Not sure about the barrel length on those, but if it's short enough, you shouldn't need to shoot subs to keep ammo below 1050fps, or whatever the sound barrier is.

That said, GSGs aren't great hosts. You'd probably be better off with something else if you want to suppress it.

3. P-chan

P-chan New Member

I don't really care specifically about running a can - I couldn't shoot at the range without hearing protection anyway, so the only time I'd get to use it is out on my dad's land, and all we do is shoot small reactive targets - I could buy a good airsoft or pellet rifle for that :o

Anyway, I think a handgun in .22lr might be the way to go. My wife has shot my 9mm and is ok with it, but I think she'd be a lot more comfortable with a .22. Also, I don't have a rifle yet, I think I'd like to build a 10/22. :o If I could trade my PK for a full size 2nd gen GSG-5 with the fake can, I'd probably do that too.

4. Rip The Jacker

Rip The Jacker New Member

I'm getting a GSG5 rifle, it'll be way more fun to shoot than the pistol version, and if I SBR it the pistol barrels are like $40-50 :hs:

5. Dobis P.R.

Dobis P.R. Guest

where/when is the gun show?

6. Ford4Life

Ford4Life Guest

If you get a .22 handgun, get the Ruger MkIII or MkIII 22/45. The P22 is a tiny, toy-esque, piece of shit.

7. P-chan

P-chan New Member

Same place it almost always is :o Vets Memorial on Broad Street.

www.columbusgunshow.com

8. P-chan

P-chan New Member

SBRing the pistol version is retardedly easy. I also own an airsoft MP5 that I bought for like $20 at walmart or something, and the stock fits the GSG just fine :o :o :o Not that I've tried to fit it on, as that would be a :nono:

9. Rip The Jacker

Yes but with the rifle version you have a much better gun to shoot before you SBR it.

10. P-chan

P-chan New Member

100% true. Shooting the pistol version is fun, but would be way more fun with a real stock and a fakepoint or something. :o

11. Rip The Jacker

I dont know if I can wait for the SD to come out :noes:
    [​IMG]

12. mattsb2000

mattsb2000 OT Supporter

Can't really go wrong with a 10/22

You could build a really nice one for what you have in your airsoft .22

13. Dobis P.R.

Dobis P.R. Guest

Why aren't there any gun stores in Columbus?

14. P-chan

P-chan New Member

:confused: There are quite a few, actually. New Albany Shooting Range and Vance's are probably the best...I bought my XD from NASR, but after they fucked over a friend of mine I won't buy shit there anymore.

CLiffs : he signed up for a beginner 3-hr handgun class, paid in advance ($50), then the following week he had a herniated disc in his back and was confined to a wheelchair for a week or so. They wouldn't let him reschedule the class, OR give him a refund. All they did was said he could send someone else in his place if he wanted. He offered to send them medical records, whatever, but they wouldn't let him reschedule. Fuck those guys :down:

15. Dobis P.R.

Dobis P.R. Guest

I'm surprised that there aren't more gun stores in Columbus proper. Vance's is the only shop that I know of inside 270. This leads me to assume that Columbus law interferes with gun stores and Vance's has some special exemption. Perhaps it's not actually Columbus there but rather some other municipality.

I've done business with Gun World in Hilliard and the Powder Room in Powell. If there is a market for these places in the suburbs, one would expect that there would be several equivalents in Columbus proper.

16. P-chan

P-chan New Member

Nobody wanted to buy my GSG-5 at the gun show (at least, not for what it's worth :o )

Picked up some Hyrdashok 9mm JHP for $37/50 though :o

17. mattsb2000

mattsb2000 OT Supporter

Same here. :hs:

18. 1979TA

1979TA OT Supporter

Vances is in township, so they aren't incorporated in Columbus. When Columbus had the mag ban it was funny because Vances could still sell whatever they wanted.

You also have Aumillers in Westerville, but he is an ass unless you know someone he has known for a long time.

19. phoenixTX

phoenixTX New Member

E&L Manufacturing has a replacement SD forearm/shroud for the GSG-5 ...
    [​IMG]
    http://www.brasscatchers.com/store/barrelshroud.html#gsg_5

A local guy is selling his GSG-5 with three mags, a folding stock, SD shroud, and all original parts for $575. That's how I found out about the SD shroud. I've seriously considered buying it, but currently have an AR-22, 10/22, and Kimber Rimfire .22 .... I think I'm stocked on .22 toys.

20. Paul Revere

Paul Revere OT Supporter

i would probably buy that :eek5: :bowdown: :wackit:

21. one66stang

one66stang Haters.com

I`ll swap you even for a P22

22. P-chan

P-chan New Member

:rofl: No thanks :fawk:

23. P-chan

P-chan New Member

Guy with the Ruger MkIII 22/45 wants to swap. I told him the Ruger plus $250 should be a pretty even deal for my GSG with aftermarket rail, case, and 3 extra mags. We'll see what he says :x:

24. one66stang

one66stang Haters.com

I`ll throw in a brick of .22

and half a box of .380

:x:

25. P-chan

P-chan New Member

I have a couple bricks of .22 and my local wally world seems to always have some. No use for the .380 :o

I'd trade for the P22 plus $250 :o