GUN gun show comming up, what will i find?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Michael Westen, Jan 10, 2005.

1. Michael Westen

Michael Westen OT Supporter

Its the first one ive decided to attend, might as well since its just a mile up the road from me :)

So, at a typical gun show, what to look for? what to stay away from?

If i dont find something special there, i might pick up a bersa .45 since its on sale for 350 :noes:

2. eWRXshun

eWRXshun hai

havent found anything interesting at the last 3 shows. best of luck to you.

3. Vermincelli

Vermincelli Banned

You will find alot of junk, some possible goldmines and alot of overpriced stuff. Keep your eyes open though cause there is always something at a decent price hidden away.

4. mrbill

mrbill New Member

the key to finding good deals at gun shows(or buying used in general) is to know as much about what you are looking for as possible. if you're looking for a particular model, do your homework. see if there were any changes during the production run and make note of the sn blocks....etc. also, inspect the gun closely looking for things like unusual wear marks, rust, refinishing, cracks..or what not. if you're not sure what to look for, take someone who does. if you don't know anyone, i believe there is a book called "buying used guns" or something like that you can pick up. also, don't be afraid to use google to look for articles. many firearms magazines will occaisionally run an article about how to inspect used guns. they also do reports on individual guns and would be a good place to find info about a particular model or series. good luck.

5. 7

7 First comes smiles, then lies. Last is gunfire.

Cash speaks loudest.

6. 01_Cruiser

01_Cruiser An American Classic OT Supporter

:werd: and always look at what others are carrying around. Dealers/vendors never seem to have that great of deals, but you can find some good deals from people who come there.

7. ryanbum

ryanbum Its the one that says Bad Mother Fucker on it

I bought my CZ75 at the last gunshow for $325 out the door with one 10 round and one 15 roung mag (pre Sept.2004).

8. jung918

jung918 Member

sorry to highjack, but curious if it is better to go early on the first day or late on the last day? I understand my choices are even more limited if i go later, but I plan to just get a holster and some ammo. well, maybe even pick up a new semi.

9. krott5333

krott5333 Guest

some random stuff, ammo, MRE's, cheap chinese knives, good knives, and a few good deals on guns.. dont be surprised if you see a bunch of overpriced guns, like a $300 K98 mauser.

best deals are at very beginning of show, or very end.. also keep an eye on people walking around, sometimes theyll be carrying some guns theyre trying to sell to dealers, you could get a good deal. Also, take some paper and a pen, so if you find a decent deal that you might want to come back to , you can write down where you saw it, so you dont get lost later on.