GUN Gun Safe Recommendations?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by ahead, Mar 24, 2006.

1. ahead

ahead New Member

which gun safes are you guys using? itll be for my handgun, only got one so it doesnt need to be too big. id want to fit the gun, ammo and my mags in it, and ive been looking at the Gun Vault. anyone have one of these? if so what do you like/dislike about it?

[​IMG]

feel free to toss up other safes you guys use. thanks

2. ahead

ahead New Member

oh yea, and i wanna hide the safe somewhere. for the guys that are hiding them, where did you stash them? i dont have many options in my room, ive got a couch and a desk and some closets.

ive been thinking about cutting out a flap on the side of the couch, putting the safe in there and getting a new cover for it. one of those generic ones that have the elastic band on the bottom. any ideas?

3. PUREVIL

PUREVIL More Money Than Brains Croo

Brinks Biometric safe would be sweet.... uses your thumbprint to open, nice and quick. When I buy a bigger house I'd have a few throughout the house :big grin:

4. lobstradomus

lobstradomus New Member

I've heard a lot of good things about these safes but dont have any experience with them, hopefully someone here does and can give some opinions: http://www.handgunsafe.com/

5. jtl090179

jtl090179 Oh I get it, yeah. He's the girl, then you're the OT Supporter

the only thing i dont like about the gunvault is that it looks semi flimsy, like you could pry it open with a screwdriver, but i imagine thats not the kind of security youre looking for

6. Y2kAccord

Y2kAccord Everything happens for reasons I just dont know

I have a Mossberg pistol safe, its a 4 digit code and the top is spring loaded

EDIT - picture

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 24, 2006
  7. sprite

sprite Active Member

The local guy I deal with carries those or something with an identical lock mechanism. I was going to have him show it to me when I picked up my G19, but he had a few customers waiting. He's got some mags on order for me so when those come in I'm going to check it out.

8. jtl090179

jtl090179 Oh I get it, yeah. He's the girl, then you're the OT Supporter

that would be good for files and stuff like that but it looks like way to much hassle to open ice