GUN Gun problem-Savage 10FP

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Red Hunter, Apr 26, 2003.

1. Red Hunter

Red Hunter Guest

Okay my dad took it shooting today and after the first shot, he tried pulling the bolt to eject the cartridge and chamber a new one, the bolt didn't move, it's stuck. What the hell is wrong with it and how do we fix it?

2. Red Hunter

Red Hunter Guest

Nvm, my dad just took it to a gun dealer and they said that the cartridge is stuck inside. :mad: Fucking cheap ass Russian .308! :mad:

How will that affect the barrel? Any long term, permanent damage?

3. el gayvo

el gayvo Active Member

stuck in the barrel? it shouldn't have any long term damage, I'd worry about how to get it out.

4. one66stang

one66stang Haters.com

Try taking a cleaning rod and tapping out the cartridge

5. footratfunkface

footratfunkface New Member

yeah, a one-piece rod is best for that. you'll likely bend or break a segmented one if it's in there good and tight. i know, because we've had to do the same thing to barnaul's .223 before in an AR.

6. Red Hunter

Red Hunter Guest

The problem with that is that the bolt is stuck.

7. Red Hunter

Red Hunter Guest

:bigthumb: Fixed. The guy at the shop just took a rubber mallet and tapped the bolt until it came out Thanks for all the help guys

8. Ry-Ballz

Ry-Ballz This sucks, change the channel

I had a winchester .223 round rupture in my AR the other day, bolt was stuck like Oprah in a candy store.

I just took a mallet and a piece of wood and tapped the bolt opened, the bullet had fallen into the casing and spilled powder all over everything, gun wouldn't cycle until I worked the bolt for a couple minutes.

9. footratfunkface

what ammo were you using? and did the rim seperate from the case, or some other type of case rupture?

10. Red Hunter

Red Hunter Guest

Some cheap ass Russian one :ugh:

What happened was the case actually expanded and jammed up the bolt. Thats what I get for buying cheap ammo :(

11. footratfunkface

probably either barnaul's, red hammer, or wolf. either way, once you have a problem like that with it, don't use it again in that rifle. you may get away with it in some rifles, but once it happens, don't bother trying again.

12. Red Hunter

Red Hunter Guest

What should I do with the other 99 rounds? How do you dispose of ammo?

13. footratfunkface

ususally by shooting it. i guess you could throw it away, but pulling the bullets and finding a creative use for the powder would be more fun.

14. Red Hunter

Red Hunter Guest

Don't want to risk getting another cartridge stuck.

How do you suggest I should pull the bullet out safely?

15. footratfunkface

well, you can try to wiggle the thing out by hand, but you'll never get anything done. other than that, pliers would probably make pretty good work of the task. whenever i've pulled a bullet, it's always been by leaning the bullet up against the base of a sturdy wall or object, then slamming something heavy, like a buttstock (of an UNLOADED rifle) or an ammo can into the middle of the round. if you hit it right, you'll loosen the bullet enough to pull it out by hand. you're going dent/bend/crack the casing, but it's useless to you anyways. have your way with the bullet. don't burn yourself with the flame that the powder makes when you burn it. it can get tall.