GUN gun people: shooting range question

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by HardTech, Oct 3, 2003.

1. HardTech

HardTech hungry

say I go to the shooting range without any gun.. will they let me rent one?

if they do, how do they know I'm not a felon? Do they run a background check on me right there? I hear in Indiana it's illegal to put a firearm in the hands of a felon, so a lot of shooting ranges won't even let you rent a gun

2. Tomash

Tomash Active Member

If you have a valid FOID card and if they provide such service, then they will.
    They assume that if you have the license, you're clean. Background checks are conducted only when you purchase a firearm.

3. HardTech

HardTech hungry

foid?

4. JW2

JW2 New Member

It stands for Firearm Owner's Identification. He's probably from some hippie state that requires one of those.

5. 00soul

00soul halfsharkalligatorhalfman

if you are a felon, i guess they figure there is alot more people to take you down if you try and shoot at people

6. HardTech

HardTech hungry

even though Indiana passed new legislation that requires people get a federal background check when purchasing a firearm, we dont' require a permit or license to actually have one

7. GlocksRock

GlocksRock Glock > You

At the range I go to, you just have to watch the range safety video then they will let you use the faciliies. They will also let you rent their guns provied you purchase their ammo, which is severly overpriced.

8. HardTech

HardTech hungry

that's what I hear. What are some general prices for renting the facilities and guns?

also, I'm under 21. Does that matter?

9. GlocksRock

GlocksRock Glock > You

Under 21 they won't rent you a handgun, but if you have someone with you that is, they can rent if for you. Range time is $10/hr. $7.50/ half hr. I think it is like $7 or $8, maybe $10 to rent a gun and ammo prices vary by caliber, but about $10 for a 50 round box of CCI Blazer, which can be had at walmart for $6/50 rounds. Just check what kind of ammo they use, and what their rules are, and if they make you use their ammo, find out what kind it is and buy some of that so you can just buy one box of their ammo. But range guns are usually not very good as they get used/abused and cleaned very rarely. So if you rent a gun and it jams consistently, that is probably the reason.