GUN Gun owners in NYC

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by monolith, Dec 27, 2005.

1. monolith

monolith My soul grows ever weary and the end is ever near. OT Supporter

My brother is turning 21 on January 7th and he wants to buy my Glock 19 for his birthday. We have both been reading www.packing.org and I never realized how fucking strict the NYC gun laws are...especially when they are compared to Florida.

Anyway back to my questions...I see that there are two fees (totaling ~$354) that need to be paid immediately for your permit.

The license he would need is this one:

Since he won't need a concealed carry license, this gun will be used specifically for the range and home defense.

Now that is out of the way I want to ask did I get most of this right. Am I missing anything? If so please let me know I am really open to advice at this point.

Say he does buy my gun, in the Residence License paragraph it reads:

Does this mean he will need to take a taxi to and from the range? I highly doubt he would be able to bring the firearm in the subway and it isn't specified on the www.packing.org website. I also told him to call his local precinct to ask an officer if he had any questions that needed to be clarified.

If there are any other questions that arise I will post it here.

Thank you.

2. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I am on Long Island not quite as bad as NYC but pretty close, the subway thing yeah call the precinct and hope who ever he speaks with knows what they're talking about. It'll probably be about 6 months before all his paperwork goes through. He probably wouldnt be able to get a CCW even if he wanted to near impossible in NYC unless you know someone. Its a pain in the ass here on Long Island. My best advice is try to move its what I'm in the process of trying to do. NYC and LI politicans have fucked the whole state of NY up.

3. Spinkick

Spinkick Active Member

Damn Id like to visit new york, how the hell do you defend yourself there?

4. adum

adum Wine & Tech

I'm the brother purchasing the gun, just trying to get some more answers. Thanks TL1000 for the info, I know the laws are completely different between NYS and NYC. To me it sounds like you have to be very well connected to obtain a CCW permit in NYC (which pisses me off cause I met a cool ass NYPD detective and a FBI agent and I should have asked them). It sounds like they take your $354 and you don't hear back. It's ridiculous to pay that insane fee and not even be guaranteed an interview. I would really like to buy my brothers gun but it seems the liberals in NYC have once again made it impossible to exercise your rights. Any more info would be greatly appreciated. I know someone on here legally owns a handgun in NYC.

5. krott5333

krott5333 Guest

you dont :hsd:

6. adum

adum Wine & Tech

Ya I'm quickly finding that out. Apparently there are over 7 million people in NYC and just about 40,000 licensed weapons. :squint:

7. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I've seen a couple posts from someone too in NYC hopfully he'll chime in soon, I know NYC and LI laws are somewhat similar, PITA in either place and way overpriced, upstate is so much easier to get one.

8. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Its fucked up gotta jump through so many hoops to get one yet I can just drive on into brooklyn and have an illegal gun in 20 minutes.

9. adum

adum Wine & Tech

I know it's ridiculous. What they are doing is promoting illegal gun sales by making it impossible for someone to responsibly/legally own a gun. I found an article online (can't find the link now) of a guy going through the process of getting a CCW in NYC (I think it was slightly out of date but I don't think much has changed). He said it took 5 months to get a callback for an interview and thetn an addl. 3 months after the interview to get his permit. They asked him at the interview if he would be taking his handgun to the range every weekend. Which was a trick question since you are only allowed (with a premises license) to transport your gun to a range twice a month! It's so damn ridiculous. He ended up getting his permit but again the process seemed like a fulltime job. If Vermont wasn't so boring I'd move there, they seem to know whats going on.

10. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Texas is where I'm mostly looking now, warm weather quite a few jobs although pay isn't as good as here in NY but in TX you can buy a nice house with a bit of land pretty cheap, for some of the housing prices down there I couldnt even buy a house here in New Cassel or Wyandanch for anywhere close to that.

11. krott5333

krott5333 Guest

any "licensed" weapon is a faggot weapon IMO

12. blindarrow

blindarrow New Member

What is this "license" you speak of? :hsugh:

Only thing they'll ever know I have is a suppressor, MG/SMG, or AOW.

13. Bigsnake

Bigsnake OT Supporter

You can only take your gun to the range twice a month? :hsugh:

If that's true, move the fuck out of New York...

14. adum

adum Wine & Tech

Ya apparently, I know its retarded. I think I'm going to finish up with school (2 years) and then move out of the city.