GUN Gun Law question

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by rph74, Mar 8, 2004.

1. rph74

rph74 New Member

I just read in the paper that David Crosby was arrested in New York when he left his luggage at the hotel, and when the hotel management searched the bag to see who it belonged to they found pot, a knife, a .45 and 26 rounds of ammo. He was arrested on drug and weapons charges.

Is it illegal to bring your pistol to a hotel? Or is he being arrested for having a weapon and drugs at the same time?

When I travel I always bring my 9mm, but I don't want to get arrested for it!

2. Dubtastic

Dubtastic { OG }

http://www.cnn.com/2004/SHOWBIZ/Music/03/06/david.crosby.arrested/index.html

carrying of a handgun by a convicted felon is what got him in trouble most likely. though, the cnn article said that the supreme court overturned the conviction.

3. gtcrispy

gtcrispy New Member

It could've also been that he did not have CCW permit. The weapon was concealed in his bag which is against the law as well. As long as you have CCW permit and the weapon is on you, you should be ok. There are certain places where you aren't allowed to carry but you just have to figure out where. Also at least here you can transport a handgun in a locked case unloaded to and from where you are shooting or whatever. That isn't considering concealing a weapon i guess.

4. Joe_Cool

Joe_Cool Never trust a woman or a government. Moderator

It's illegal to possess a firearm PERIOD in NYC without a permit issued by the city. That's why the weapons charges.

5. rph74

rph74 New Member

AHA! That answers my question. Thanks Joe

6. Justin03R6

Justin03R6 New Member

Yep, NYC is really anal regarding handguns. If I remember correctly, you have to have a pemit to buy ammo.