GUN Gun crew: Kel-Tec P3at reviews and prices

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Remington, May 2, 2007.

1. Remington

Remington OT Supporter

enlighten me

2. Skot281??

Skot281?? New Member

3. Thunderbear

Thunderbear Yggdrasil's Forester.

CDNN has them for 214.xx

Disappear into a pocket like no other pistol. Up to you to decide whether you like it or hate it.. there's not much middle ground with them.

Unpleasant to shoot, fit and finish are pretty much awful, but it goes bang with fucking authority when I want it to and disappears into almost anything. I ran two miles with it today just clipped on my shorts and didn't even notice it.

[​IMG]

4. Remington

Remington OT Supporter

anything even close as concealable? I was looking at the p-11 and pf-9 and also the taurus 745s before I found the p3AT. Seems like a no brainer for front pocket carry.

5. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

the pf9 and 11 are much larger and most people find them too big for pocket carry. they certainly don't disappear like the p3at.

Thunderbear covered it, keltec is a quality crap shoot. Their warranty service is good so you can keep trying til they get it right but its certainly the kind of gun you want to test for reliability before carrying it.

6. Gimik

Gimik New Member

I'm not a fan. Couldn't get past the fit and finish, the grip and the trigger :hs:

I carry a scandium J-frame. Not quite as concealable, but still goes in my pocket with no problems.

7. no7fish

no7fish New Member

I;m not disappointed with my P3AT and I've had it for a few years now. It has never NOT gone bang when I told it to (it's never gone bang when I didn't tell it either....) and it's relatively comfortable for me but my hands aren't that big. I've never had a quality issue although the slide seems to loosen up on all of them over time.

Either way, bottom line is very few people I know that have bought one didn't like it, even in spit of it not being comfortable to many hands.

8. Vermincelli

Vermincelli Banned

Fit and finish aren't the best but the company has THE BEST warranty/customer service of any gun company out there. They also don't give a shit about making it look like a German work of art. They make guns that go bang when you pull the trigger and be concealed so that no one sees them. If there is any problem, ship it in and you will have it repaired or replaced, no questions asked and quickly.

I have a P11 and a P3AT. Both of them are great for concealed carry. The P3AT drops into a pocket, the P11 disappears in an IWB.

The big issue you read about when it comes to reliability isn't a problem with the gun 90% of the time, it comes from the shooter not used to shooting such a small and light pistol. If you don't hold onto it, it will jam/ftf. That's just physics. Small gun, short slide, light weight = bad if you limp wrist or pansy grip them.

9. 2L Bunny

2L Bunny "It's only a Rabbit"

I have a P32 that's been great. The only times it malfunctions is when I intentionally or just get lazy and limp wrist it. It conceals so well, I've even done a 500 round DH1 course with it a couple years back. a P3AT is in my future tho.

10. Gimik

Gimik New Member

these threads make me want to pick one up - they're so damn cheap :hs:

11. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

Fwiw, S&W is far and away better. Thats not saying kt is bad, just they're that good ;)

Boy I'm not so sure I'd be willing to agree with that. When I got my p3at they had an extraction problem. A ton of us had to order new redesigned extractors. Currently they've had a peening problem where over time the guide rod hole gets battered and opened up. A few people have had their springs come out the front of the gun. It seems debatable if KT is fixing them with slide without the problem or not. The p3at has no peer for size weight and price, but man sometimes I wish it seemed like KT made them a bit better.

12. Furner

Furner New Member

i have actually run quite a few boxes through mine without a problem. at the keltec owners group www.ktog.org, they have a "fluff and buff" procedure that they recommend doing on the p3-at, it gets rid of rough edges and smooths out the parts, makes it much more reliable.
    i have no complaints, and i actually plan to get the little belt clip thingie for it so i can carry it at work.

from what i hear, hollow points are pretty much a waste of money because the velocity tends to not be high enough for reliable expansion. YMMV

13. Vermincelli

Vermincelli Banned

Suck it up and run Corbon DPX's through it ;)

14. Furner

Furner New Member

the champagne of hollow points

i honestly cant afford them. i had them in my xd, but i cant afford to buy enough to practice with and carry. :hs:

15. Gimik

Gimik New Member

:rofl: I have that problem. To load all my loaded weapons with em, I'd need to buy... 99 rounds :rofl:

16. Furner

Furner New Member

and then you still wouldnt know what your zero is with them.....
    although they are quite accurate. i saw alot of improvement over gold dots in my xd

17. Gimik

Gimik New Member

yeah. even just making sure they run through my guns. ugh. so expensive.