GUN Gun control

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Ichiro, Dec 24, 2006.

1. Ichiro

Ichiro Guest

Hi, I found this,a survey for US troops , only the last 2 questions :

45.I would swear to the following code: "I am a United Nations fighting person. I serve in the forces which maintain world peace and every nation's way of life. I am prepared to give my life in their defense."
    46.The U.S. government declares a ban on the possession, sale transportation, and transfer of all non-sporting firearms. A thirty (30) day amnesty period is permitted for these firearms to be turned over to the local authorities. At the end of this period, a number of citizen groups refuse to turn over their firearms. Consider the following statement: I would fire upon U.S. citizens who refuse or resist confiscation of firearms banned by the U.S. government.

http://www.geoffmetcalf.com/419.html - source, not the only one
    http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1088237/posts

I hope Bush finishes his time in office then the new president restores the US constitution -, before anything strange happens. In my country to ask our troops such things would create a huge scandal.

2. [DWI]

[DWI] Master of Nothing

as bad as it sounds I am not really surprised this was asked, it is an upsetting and disturbing concept.

Now what I have to ask is when discussing a survey to the armed forces given during the clinton administration, why in the world do we need to bring bush into it?

But, really the main point one should realize from that survey is not the gun control question at the end. The really scary point is that all the questions to US armed forces personnel ask two very distinct questions, first off are you willing to be deployed on United States soil in a non-combat position and two are you willing to be deployed or train on United States soil with United Nations troops in you unit/in command.

3. kellyclan

kellyclan She only loves you when she's drunk.

If that's a real survey, I'd like to know results to see how many soldiers caught the trick question designed to make them break their oathes.

4. Gaunt

Gaunt blood for the blood god OT Supporter

i would not fire on my own country men. i swore an oath to the constitution not the government. i find that new law to be unconstitutional.

5. Same here.

6. rat

rat New Member

:werd: and anyone what would deserves a traitors death

7. ReefBlue

ReefBlue New Member

I wouldn't fire either.

But your oath also said you'd obey the orders of your superiors. If they told you to fire, and you didn't, you would be in violation of that order.

As would I.

8. Thunderbear

Thunderbear Yggdrasil's Forester.

Negative.

All lawful orders. That would constitute an unlawful order, and according to the UCMJ I am not required to follow it. In addition to which, posse comitatus has not been mentioned at all.

9. ReefBlue

ReefBlue New Member

Do you think it could be assumed that if the military is tasked with domestic weapons confiscation, posse comitatus would probably be enacted by that point.

Also, if the total ban on firearms in the US was passed by the Senate and President, it would probably be preceeded by the repealing of the 2nd ammendment. So by that point it would be legal orders to disarm the population.

10. Dranian

Dranian (..)

the second amendment doesnt give anybody a right. the right is granted by god and is unalienable. the amendment just exists to protect that right.

also, in my state treason is lawful grounds to shoot somebody, and i would fire on any units acting in violation of my inalienable rights and expecting to confiscate my private property.

tyranical government oppression = :rl:

ibsomebody-thinks-i'm-crazy

11. jeepilot

jeepilot Banned

i'd be with you...

12. 01_Cruiser

01_Cruiser An American Classic OT Supporter

The government can ban all the guns they want to, but there's no way in hell they can track every single one of them down. It would be a HUGE misappropriation of resources, and it would get alot of law enforcement officers killed, and alot of LE officers would probably quit because they wouldnt want to go knocking on doors to disarm people. Look at the war on drugs, and the war on terror. Both are a fucking mess. If the govt. declares a "war on guns" then it'll be all kinds of fucked up. At this point in my life, I'd rather die for a cause I believed in than live in a politically correct, pussified society. The second amendment is there to keep the government in check. If they get rid of our guns, then we might as well piss the rest of our rights away too, because we wont have any way to retaliate if and when they decide to abolish those too. This country is going down the shitter, and I'm tired of seeing it.

13. BigBadJohn

BigBadJohn Pay-back time OT Supporter

:werd:

I feel the same way. I just wished that people werent fooled by everything the govt and antigunners tell them.

14. twistid

twistid Banged By Super Models Moderator

i did some looking... looks like the survey was done in 1994, by 300 marines... 293 enlisted, 7 officers.