Guilty pleasure music??

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by FstrungUCoutT, Apr 26, 2004.

1. So I'm sitting at my desk listing to LaunchCast and a Fiona Apple song comes on and I realize that her music is kind of a guilty pleasure of mine. So I was wondering if anyone else has these. By guilty pleasure I just mean music that most people wouldn't expect you to listen to. For example, I am mainly into punk, ska, alternative, hard rock, and classic rock. But i'd say my guilty pleasures in music are Fiona Apple, Bjork, and that's all I can think of right now.

Just wondering if anyone else has any or at least understands what the hell I'm talking about.

2. footratfunkface

footratfunkface New Member

i'm mainly into metal of the death/melodic death/progressive death areas, along with some classic rock and hard rock. but i have a shakira CD, and i like Alizee, and kenny loggins.

3. Shigy

Shigy Hip-Hop Connoisseur

I'm into the whole Hip-Hop thing up here in Nor Cal and enjoy most of that stuff. A ltitle bit of gangsta rap and shit like that, but mainly the hip-hop. I like some of the easier going Bone Thugs-N-Harmony songs like All Good and Change The World. Those songs aren't very gangsta or anything and sometime construed as pussy music. It's all good.

4. Joe_Cool

Joe_Cool Never trust a woman or a government. Moderator

Blondie was a great band. They are NOT a guilty pleasure.

If you want a real guilty pleasure, let's talk about Nena. I have both the german and english versions of 99 red balloons. :hs:

5. Grouch

Grouch Guest

linkin park :hs:

6. WeaponX00

WeaponX00 Guest

Ace of Base.

7. PrimeCuts7

PrimeCuts7 Guest

Prince.

8. Ain't no shame in liking Prince. "when doves cry" is an awesome song.

9. Joe_Cool

I just remembered another one day before yesterday. My wife refused to hold my hand in the truck, when she realized I was playing a Thompson Twins cd.

I didn't think that was a guilty pleasure! I honestly thought everybody liked the Thompson Twins until she looked at me like :ugh:

:rofl:

10. footratfunkface

what did they do?

11. Mizzark

Mizzark OT Supporter

Jessica Simpson.

12. The Pikey

The Pikey You don't know anything, so don't ask me questions

13. Joe_Cool

Hold Me Now
    In The Name Of Love
    King For A Day
    Doctor, Doctor
    Love On Your Side

14. im into heavy metal and a little bit of rap. i can say my guilty pleasure would have to be Jewel. my girlfriend has the acoustic cd and holy shit can she sing. her songs are very addictive :hs: fiona apple, sarah mclachlan are also some other ones. anything my girlfriend listens to that i dont i tend to like. its good that she has the same music taste as i do :big grin:

15. bobert

bobert Guest

simple plan. becaus of all the tinne boppers

16. sleev

sleev It's sleep, life, and death It's speed, coke, and

it depends who I'm hanging out with.
    no one likes ALL the same music I do, so I'm always getting fucked up looks from people in my ride, cuz my tastes are so eclectic.

17. I realized another one yesterday, although I don't really consider it guilty pleasure cuz it rocks. But apparently not everyone thinks they do.

Huey Lewis & The News. Is anyone else with me on this one? I dunno. In my opinion, Sports was one of the best albums of the 80's. So many great songs.

18. Godspeed

Godspeed New Member

i'm into heavier stuff like in flames, opeth. i also enjoy rock stuff like chevelle, tool, incubus, RATM, SOAD, etc. but i consider michelle branch - everywhere my guilty pleasure :hs:

19. Godspeed

Godspeed New Member

Huey Lewis fucking rocks the house and anyone who tells you otherwise sucks

20. footratfunkface

the heart of rock and roll has to be one of the most godawful songs ever created by mankind, ever. jesus probably wouldn't have died for mankind if he'd known that huey lewis and his myrmidons called "the news" would eventually make this song. he would've just said "fuck this, i'm going back to making door frames and cabinets"

21. Dreamer101

Dreamer101 Guest

I'm more of a punk/emo kind of person and my guilty pleasure would have to be Hanson, I don't know why but for some reason their songs just put me in a good mood. I know, I'm lame lol