Guild Wars vs. Lineage 2

Discussion in 'Online Adventures' started by houz, Apr 27, 2005.

1. houz

houz New Member

I know your all going to say wow, but i hated wow and its cartoony feel too it. I would like a review from some people who have played both or just one. Thanks

2. TypeSDragoon

TypeSDragoon Guest

3. Wthermans

Wthermans What does "New High Score" mean? Is that bad? Di

I played Lineage 2 for Open Beta and 1 Month After and didn't enjoy it at all. The PvP system was interesting and I didn't mind it (saw lots of possibilities for it), but I couldn't handle how the entire game revolved around money and farming. Leveling was tedious, not fun. The game was visually stunning however.

I have played Guild Wars in various Public Beta Weekends (E3 for Everyone, etc.) and really enjoyed the game for what it was. It reminds me a lot of Diablo 2, just with really great graphics and 3d. I loved playing D2 before I got into MMORPGs (still play every once in awhile) and the idea that it's not a MMORPG doesn't bother me. I think the game will be a great game to play and you can't beat not paying a monthly fee. I don't mind shelling out $50 bucks for expansions every once in awhile, I did it with the MMORPGs I played anyways.

I would go with Guild Wars, unless you can farm, farm, farm.

4. McClane

McClane Who Killed Marilyn?

played all the beta weekends, pretty boring game imo.

5. Apothis

Apothis New Member

L2 was easily one of the worst piles of crap I've ever played. There is no contest here.

In for GW

6. thoughtshewas18

thoughtshewas18 OT Supporter

ya guildwars got really annoying so i said fuck that game. L2 i never liked but now i have to keep playing it cause its free on l2extreme :) C2 and C3 textures make me sorta like it. As far as true mmorpg I think l2 is pretty boring and too simple. EQ will always be the number one true RPG if your really into it. I still think theres nothing better than it. I mean as far as structure and alll that jazz not just graphics.

7. SumAzunGuy

SumAzunGuy New Member

guild warsss

8. Raenor

Raenor New Member

every mmo out now is meh.

9. fearandloathinginGA

fearandloathinginGA I love the little tacos. I love them good!

Fuck L2!!!! I have a lot of friends who play it and I once did as well. It is fun for a while and if you are lvl 50 +. Other than that is sucks and lvl'ing sux balls and so does farming. Guild wars is badass. I played some beta's and a few friends have it as well. Graphics are awesome and it seems fun. Plus you don't pay for it.:bigthumb: