GUN GTO forum im a member on...

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Formula-95, Nov 11, 2008.

1. Formula-95

Formula-95 2:32 PM 5-13-09 Never Forget, Hamburglar OT Supporter

nightmare at the tire store (long but worth it)
    Got my new Ruff wheels and set of Toyo tires from VQ motoring. They are awesome. Put them on the day I got them which was a few days ago.

Decided to take my car to get a nitrogen fill and while I was at it have the tire store put on my new lug nuts that came with my wheels.

Everything installed, I left and immediately noticed a wobble / shimmy in the front tires. The steering wheel was vibrating 3/4 to 1 inch back and forth around 53 mph.

Took it back and left my car in the bay while I walked up front (second mistake, first was going there in the first place). When I went back to inspect, I noticed that the tire guy had jacked it up from the front of the car.

I thought, hmmm I don't remember anything under the front strong enough to support the car.

Looked underneath and the cross member was bent in a v into the radiator where he had jacked it up. Opened the hood and the plastic radiator cover was completely loose, radiator moved up about an inch pushing into the hood.

As a licensed concealed gun holder, I happened to have my .40 caliber Glock on my side underneath my shirt. I briefly thought about shooting the guy in the knee but decided that wouldn't be a good course of action.

The owner of shop gets under car and inspects the damage. Appears just the cross member is damaged, the plastic shroud around the fans, and the lower plastic piece beneath it all.

He has the original lug nuts put back on and I leave. Still has this holy cow wobble, seems very dangerous. I call him and he says, "go a little faster and see if you can find a speed it doesn't wobble at."

I take the whole thing pretty well until I get home. Jack car up, the freakin front left tire was mounted off center. I remember watching the guy torque in one lug nut before tighting the other ones (but for some reason it didn't register at the time). Also, he had no idea what the little plastic wheel spacers that came with the rims were for (he didn't put them on, they are to center the wheel on the hub).

I Try to take a lug nut off. Put torque wrench to 100 lbs. Doesn't budge. Max out torque wrench to 150 lbs. I broke the neck down socket in half! After wrestling with them I got them all loose.

Passenger side was just as bad. One stud was completely stripped. I know they weren't stripped when I brought it in because I put the wheels on myself when I got them in.

Owner wants to order a cross member, remove my radiator and weld a new one on......

Get this, while I was watching my car being destroyed, "Bubba" (literally on his shirt) starts lowering a van with the rear wheels loose (they were sitting at an angle, nuts were loose on the wheel) when the same yahoo that is working on my car tells him to stop.

Going to get an estimate from the dealer and have my attorney write a letter requesting the he pay for the repair cost as I do not wish for his shop to work on my car.
    /post

i replied, highlighting tha same section with 'You're an idiot. I'm out'

that site has been pissing me off since i joined. everyone on the site is an adult yet they have rules out the ass about language, and a bunch of other bullshit. they treat the place like its a kindergarden and its just insanely annoying. then to top it off he says something like that. its people saying stupid shit like that that give the rest of us a bad image

2. Admitted

Admitted I shouldn't be on OT right now.

Glock fo-tay son.

3. Formula-95

4. Formula-95

i needed that

5. 7

7 First comes smiles, then lies. Last is gunfire.

doubt he's professional enough

6. KIDRR

KIDRR Duck dog>* OT Supporter

came here to post this

7. hsmith

hsmith OT Supporter

no H&K no care

8. sp00n155

sp00n155 You underestimate the insignificance of my penis OT Supporter

good thing he didn't shoot him, the whole building would've exploded from the might of the glock fo-tay.

9. 7

7 First comes smiles, then lies. Last is gunfire.

Only 10mms are capable of that :ugh:

10. sp00n155

sp00n155 You underestimate the insignificance of my penis OT Supporter

10mm would've eliminated the entire block and at least 9 babies.