GTA: Chinatown Wars heads to PSP v.whodidntseethiscoming

Discussion in 'Gamers' Pulse' started by cbreem, Jun 23, 2009.

1. cbreem

cbreem This custom user title is custom.

So yeah, to all you GTA whores, I mean fans....:hsugh:.... out there, GTA: Chinatown Wars is getting released on the PSP. Story is posted on kotaku. Whether it's a straight port or is going to be be enhanced at all for the PSP/Go! is unknown, at least it is to me. Seeing as how Rockstar has ported all their handheld GTA's so far, I honostly wouldn't be surprised if this also got a release on the PS2, but that could just be the remake/port whore in me. :o

Last edited: Jun 23, 2009
  2. Fareo

Fareo New Member

3. Fareo

Fareo New Member

doubt it, this looks too much like GTA 1 and 2, nobody would buy it on the PS2 becasue it looks inferior to that last few games, and i think sony is trying to stop porting from PSP to PS2 becasue its killing the PSP but i :dunno:

im willing to bet Clank is the last PSP game the PS2 is gonna see for at least a while. sony is serious about the go.

4. cbreem

Possibly, but for the other 2 PSP GTA's Rockstar always maintained they would be exclusive and they weren't so.... We'll just have to wait and see.

5. Fareo

Fareo New Member

ya but the other 2 PSP GTA games were built around a similar engine and graphical style as the PS2 games which made it for an easy port... to be honest im not surprised this is getting ported for obvious reasons, but at the same time i am surprised...

this game was optimized for the DS, its graphically inferior to other current GTA games becasue the DS is graphically inferior, but it was styled that way, so it looks cool. a lot of the mini games like stealing cars, making molotov cocktails, and so on all require the touch screen...? im not saying it couldn't work on the PSP im just saying something is probably gonna be lost in translation and even more would be lost porting to the PS2...

the more i think about it the only way this could actually be any kind of better on the PSP is if they rebulit it in 3D using the same engine as the other GTA PSP games... with a more robust mulitiplayer... but honestly the beauty of this game and what makes it so special is the 2D and the use of the touch screen... so if they did do that, it would be just another GTA PSP game..

i just convinced myself this is a stupid idea and im glad i have the DS version :o

6. cbreem

Like I said we'll have to wait and see. I'll most likely be picking it up sooner or later. Again the remake/port whore in me hopes it's gets an upgrade and put out on PS2. Not gettin' my hopes up though. I'm still waiting for GTA: San Andreas Stories :rofl:

7. Fareo

Fareo New Member

i think the UMD's 1.4 gig cap was holding that back from happening but maybe now that the GO! is digital download they could make a 2gig psp game?

:dunno:

8. cbreem

Well how big was San Andreas? It's really kinda possible now I guess. It's Probably already in the pipeline. There's no GTA: V comin' anytime soon and IV still has 2(?) DLC chapters, not counting The Ballad of Gay Tony:greddy:. So maybe for a 2010 release. :ugh2:

9. Fareo

Fareo New Member

i thought SA was 4.7gigs on the PS2 but the textures and music can be compressed or downsized for the psp.. it might have worked on a UMB i donno i jus figured since they said they used up the UMD on vice city and that SA was a shit ton bigger then VC, that it wouldnt work? but ya i donno.

Rockstar is pretty busy and with the piracey on the PSP its probably last in line in "the pipe" :o

10. cbreem

I'm still hopin' for it. False hope is the best! :hsugh: