gsxr

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by idontgiveashit, Mar 24, 2003.

1. idontgiveashit

idontgiveashit I eat rice

good, bad inbetween. I dont know anything on bikes. A kid i know has a 92 for 2500. Im thinkin on gettin it this summer but i had to consult OT first. Im gona go drive it for shits tommarow. Its a 600btw thats jetted and all the standard upgrades.

2. flynfrog

flynfrog Cool isnt Cheap

i looked at a 92 for 1500 and its was a 750 see if it ahs been layyed down check for cracks ect

3. Wolf

Wolf No one plans to take the path that brings you lowe

PLEASE take the MSF new rider class before buying a bike. A 92 Gixxer 600 would be a pretty good bike for a beginner, but you gotta take it easy for a while to get used to the power and handling.

www.kbb.com has used bike values. Also factor in the cost of gear and insurance when you buy a bike. Figure at least $500-$1k for gear (helmet, gloves, jacket, pants, boots). Insurance will depend on your age and driving record, but if you want full coverage, it can get real expensive, real quick. It's not uncommon for someone under 25 on a new 600 to pay $3-4k/year for coverage.

4. idontgiveashit

idontgiveashit I eat rice

i drove it today...im not really sure what all is done to it..or if all bikes are like this..block and a half i was doin 95. I about creamed my pants. I think i need a slower bike than this one...cuz shit. 4th gear i let off the clutch..nailed it and the ass end decided it didnt like where it was. That was somehwere around 75mph. That was the first bike ive really driven...ive drove many quads dirtbikes, but this is no comparison...all cars seem slow now. I have no idea why im wasting money on a mustang anymore. That is all.

5. blue95accord

blue95accord New Member

$2500 seems high. My friend got a gix 600 y2k for $2000. Had some visible damage, but only cosmetic

6. J300ZTT-ATL

J300ZTT-ATL New Member

wow, 2000 for a y2k.... I need to go pick up a cycle trader,, maybe i'll get a used bike instead of a brand new one. hmm.

7. Wolf

This was a coworker of mine. He was riding a 91 GSXR750.

http://www.myrne.net/friends-family/ray/ray.html

In 2 years of riding, I've been to 2 riders' funerals.

8. J812MANY

J812MANY Guest

Welcome to <6#:1HP :bigthumb:

Hitting an indicated 75MPH in 4th means the bike has probably had its sprockets changed. If its in good shape I'd buy it and go up one tooth in the front and down 2-3 in the rear to help with the wheelspin/wheelie monster attitude of the bike. You WILL have to watch it on the top end though.

Expect to drop another $1K on good gear though- its cheaper than skin grafts/rehab.

I'd also grab an extra set of plastics off ebay ASAP.

JK

9. Wolf

Good call. I went +2 on the rear on my SV last week. :big grin:
    Wheeeeeeeeee....

Yeah, just switch to a smaller rear sprocket for a while while you get used to the bike, then in a couple months, switch back to the other sprocket.