MMA GSP ducking...

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by roose, Jan 18, 2010.

1. roose

roose Guest

2. kopetzki

kopetzki Banned

you can run all you want GSP, but BJ will always be a cheeseburger away from 185, just remember that.

3. Gogoplata

Gogoplata Guest

I'd like to see him at 185. Not just because of a "superfight" with Silva.

Not sure if anyone read the report over the w/e but Anderson said that he thinks Nate will be the next emperor of 185 and will hold the belt for a long time. I'd just like to see St. Pierre tested against different guys. Okami, Sonnen, etc would be fun.

4. 4bangin

4bangin Ballet of Violence

Where is that from?

What is your email brotha?

5. TheEspionage

TheEspionage New Member

GSP's English seems to have improved slightly it seems.

6. TQ

TQ OT Supporter

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

7. Jeebus

Jeebus Well-Known Member

Time for BJ to dominate a second division.

8. Gogoplata

Gogoplata Guest

Tatame.com I believe. Can't remember. Last week I read it. Says he's not ready to vacate the title yet but believes nate is the future of 85'.

wadholm1 at gmail dot ceezy

9. Gogoplata

Gogoplata Guest

Although his time in the UFC's middleweight division isn't quite up yet, champion Anderson Silva believes the weight class already houses the "next" Anderson Silva.

"I think the next champion of this category will be Nate Marquardt," Silva recently told TATAME.com. "If I'm not over with the belt, I believe Nate will be the next champion at 185-pounds, the next guy to win for a long, long time this way."

Although the Brazilian thoroughly trounced the talented Marquardt in their showdown at UFC 73, Silva believes "Nate the Great" has morphed into one of MMA's best all-around fighters since their clash in July 2007.

"I've been following all his fights and he has evolved a lot since the last time we fought. He has evolved a lot, it's hard, has a good feature for a fighter, evolved a lot during the fight," explained Silva. "I believe he is the next champion in that category."

Marquardt holds an impressive 29-8-2 record, and has won four of his last five.

Silva is clearly the best 185-pounder to ever set foot inside an Octagon, and has rolled off 11 straight victories, finishing off 10 of those opponents before the final bell.

He's expected to defend his title against top contender Vitor Belfort at UFC 112 in Abu Dhabi on April 10th.

http://m.go2sportingnews.com/conten...-marquardt-is-the-he/?section=mma&query=1&o=0

10. HouseLing

HouseLing When masturbations lost its fun you'r fucking lazy

I'm all for fighters making permanent moves up in weight. I remember reading somewhere where GSP was saying he was putting on too much muscle mass, and was finding it harder and harder to make the cut to 170. This would be a logical next move for him, give him a fresh set of challenges against guys who are naturally bigger than he is.

11. EG6

EG6 OT Supporter

that was awesome :bowrofl:

12. The Ripper

The Ripper New Member

I think GSP will steam roll anderson

13. MyLittleAirport

MyLittleAirport OT Supporter

I love Marquardt but I don't think he will be a reigning champ like Anderson.

14. RunninWild

RunninWild How subtle of you

How crazy would it be if gsp did beat Anderson. I mean, Lutter had Anderson in a bad spot so why can't GSP get an opportunity?

15. Jeebus

Jeebus Well-Known Member

I don't see why not.