GSM Phones for AT&T wireless

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Tobal, Mar 25, 2003.

1. Tobal

Tobal Guest

I'm currently looking for a new phone. There are a lot of advance looking phones with Color lcd and digital cameras. I've been looking through the AT&T store and they only had 3 selections. I was curious if there were more selections out there that will adapt to the AT&T GSM network.
    My friend is using a new Panasonic GSM phone with the AT&T network and i have never seen this phone on the AT&T product line. I'm just thinking there are more selections out there to choose from.

2. LOUDSYSTEM

LOUDSYSTEM Guest

just wait the 3650 is coming out this week check that phone out

btw as long as the gsm phone you buy is unlocked just put your att gsm sim card in it and your in business :)

3. Tobal

Tobal Guest

Yea the 3650 Looks Awesome, i'm really considering that phone too. I'm not really sure what the Lock and Unlock means...if someone can explain that. Also I currently not under a GSM plan...how do i get a AT&T sim card then.

4. mrdeucie

mrdeucie Member

I think he is referring to a provider lock where the provider locks the phone to their service so that it cannot be used with any other carrier.

5. mrdeucie

mrdeucie Member

Your friend is probably using the new Panasonic GD / GU 87.

From what I have read, the 3650 is pretty sizable, it was compared to the size of a remote, and was also said to be inconvenient to be carried around.

6. sirsexy9

sirsexy9 GSUS OT Supporter

when you buy the phone if you need a new contract go in there and have them check to see if there is dicounts for working somewhere..for example my brother works for subway and they gave him a 15% off because subway is owned by pepsi and they have a contract with pepsi

7. spicaly

spicaly Active Member

yeah they have a timewarner discount of %50 off new phones, and didnt even ask for ID :naughty: