GSM phone, need T-Mobile SIM card

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Euphonic, Sep 6, 2005.

1. Euphonic

Euphonic #300

I am going to buy an unlocked GSM1900band phone but i dont know how to get a SIM card. I have found all kinds of pay-as-you-go cards from Tmobile but i want to get one with a contract and my own number.

Can i just take my phone into a T mobile store and have them put a sim card in for me? Because they dont carry this phone in their inventory, but it will work on the Tmobile Network....Im not sure how SIM cards work, i thought i read somewhere that a SIM is the same no matter what phone you put it in? If thats the case, can i just buy a free phone+plan from tmobile.com and take out the sim card they sent me?

2. oakie

oakie my ninja.

yeah, you can get a SIM via getting a free phone and activating service, then sticking the SIM into the phone you want to use.

I also have a spare SIM card laying around somewhere... brand new, that i was going to flash and use as a backup card if you want to go that route.

but it would be easier to get a free phone out of the deal, even at the expense of signing a 1-year contract. plus, you can sell one of the phones and make a couple of bucks out of the deal.

3. Euphonic

Euphonic #300

sweet, thats what i was hoping to hear, thx for the reply:bowdown:

4. njmuscle

njmuscle Original Gangsta!

PM me if you just need a SIM