GUN GSG crew, optic questions

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by el capitan, Sep 25, 2009.

1. el capitan

el capitan New Member

is there even a gsg crew? anyways i have a gsg 5pk and wanted to get an optic for it. let me start off by saying i have no idea on anything scope/sight related. and that being said since this thing is a glorified paintball gun i don't want a 400.00 sight for it.

i was looking for a fakepoint or something like it, and i was thinking of using a raised mount (cantilevered?) for it because i feel like i'm always scrunched down trying to use the stock sights.

any ideas or input would be appreciated.

2. Floyd91

Floyd91 Active Member

hk style clamp and fakepoint. Should be no more than 100 total.

3. sqwirl

sqwirl New Member

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.5791

Probably the cheapest place to get the mount. Unfortunately it'll take two weeks to show up. Good to know if you aren't familiar with dealextreme.

As for fakepoint, any paintball/airsoft store will have a selection of them.

4. lobstradomus

lobstradomus New Member

For the fakepoint I've heard good things about 1337tactical knockoff and the vortex optics strikefire. Personally I would look into a reflex style knockoff since its a pistol, but that's just me :dunno:

5. yar1182

yar1182 New Member

no experieince with fake aimpoints. Would spend the little extra change for a ultradot. For a tube sight it's realy clean. Very popular with bullseye shooters. I personally think the dot is every bit as good if not better than a aimpoint. It's just not 11ty million fantoms under the sea swimming from the submarine water proof for seal wanabe's or instant internet barfcom operator status cool.

Nice simple tube sight, good glass, real uniform dot that doesn't bloom. I got one on my 10/22, not the sexyiest looking but as far as gettting the job done the right optic for my 22lr

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduc...urce=froogle&utm_medium=free&utm_campaign=657

$135 w/ rings. Not sure what rings it comes with but I run mine with the burris high rings on my 10/22. Lifetime warentee