GS350 AWD

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by Mike00, Oct 23, 2007.

1. Mike00

Mike00 New Member

What does everybody think about the new GS 350? I can't see any other car in it's category that would be worth looking at right now.

The 5 series is like 7k more market value and no real additional features other then possibility of the heads up and better ipod integration.

Is there anything out there in the sport luxury sedan cateogry that can compete with the gs350 feature and price wise?

2. JDM5LugHatch

JDM5LugHatch New Member

My only problem with the newer GS' is the fact that they feel extremely small inside. While I love Toyotas I would probably go for the Acura RL. Roomier better Nav and SH-AWD.

3. Mike00

Mike00 New Member

That's the one thing I don't have an issue with. Since honestly I'd go with a coupe if I thought for instance that the 3 series awd wasn't redicously overpriced. Or maybe the g37 coupe even if it wasn't for the fact that I live in the Northeast.

Which actually brings me to a quesiton I've been debating for day is having ventilated seats that the GS350 has really worth the 8-9k more it will cost over the g35 sedan?

I've been trying to tell myself the gs350 is much nicer for a few days now but I'm having a hard time believing it.

4. JDM5LugHatch

JDM5LugHatch New Member

I understand what you are saying but, my problem with the interior size comes down to just feeling comfortable. I have a coupe now after getting rid of my TL and while it is smaller inside it is very comfortable. The new GS just doesn't feel that way to me and it was considerably smaller inside than my old TL. Felt crowded inside.

However, back on topic I wouldn't pay that much more for ventilated seats. I personally couldn't justify that difference. I have a friend that has the older G35x and he loves it. The new G35x IMHO is dead sexy! Nice lines comfortable inside and it is faster than the GS or at least it feels that way. Both are good choices though. Have you even looked at and compared them to the new RL at all. I know a lot of people don't like the way they look but I know I do.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Mike00

Mike00 New Member

I don't think the new RL is that bad it's just if I was spending that kind of money I'd probably go with the GS simply because I find the exterior much more appealing.

I guess with the GS I thought you mean rear seats but I have heard the roof being low for some people. The thing is though I'm a hair under 5'10 and I only weight 180 pounds so that's not really a huge issue for me.

You are right though the ventilated seats is not a huge deal and definitly not worth that much which is why I'm leaning towards the G35x a bit now. I'm sure Infiniti will give me loaners if it's in the shop which was a key thing to me with the lexus so I'm trying to figure out what would make the GS worth the extra money. Besides the G35 does have the hard drive which is kind of a cool feature.

Sigh I hate car shopping so many things I like about so many different cars. At least I have till the spring to make a decision though.

Was thinking some more about this and your statements got me thinking but it seems like it's about time for the mid level luxury sedands (5series, gs, rl, a6) to start adding some more features because it seems like you really aren't getting anymore car these days for the extra 7-15k in cost.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2007